Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Wirth1000 posted:

This is the single most oafish looking picture of him I've ever seen.

I mean, the bar is very high for political oafishness

(sry I hosed up this page)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Wirth1000 posted:

I dunno, I think the high watermark for that is when he played Bollywood dress-up on his trip to India.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Ah, no, there he looked like a cretin not an oaf.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Arcsquad12 posted:

Phone posting but by all means go listen to the I Don't Even Own A Television podcast on Peterson's awful self help book.

Its amazing listening to them go insane on that episode.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIJB7cv97Dg&t=196s

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Anyone who respects the opinions of Jordan Peterson should either seek help to figure out why their brain is broken or, failing that, commit suicide using as foolproof a method as possibly available.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Wirth1000 posted:

It's the DreamWorks face TM.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Yeah I was an idiot when I was 22 too.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Why is Jordan Peterson the manchild whisperer? What is it about him that's appealing?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

There is a lot of money in reassuring bigots that their bigotry is very rational and scientific.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

infernal machines posted:

I think their argument is that there shouldn't be a difference, which is always an easy argument to make when you're not the one being discriminated against.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Supercar Gautier posted:

There is a lot of money in reassuring bigots that their bigotry is very rational and scientific.

Pretty much this.

1. Peterson makes a million dollars a year on donations
2. Complicit Nazis at Patreon.com pocket a percentage of this
3. Complicit Nazis in the media give him a platform for clicks
4. Capitalism trends toward dystopia

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

PT6A posted:

Why is Jordan Peterson the manchild whisperer? What is it about him that's appealing?

"He has a degree so he must be smart"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

HookShot posted:

"He has a degree so he must be smart"

If I looked into it, I bet I would find out that he has never worked outside Academia. Like he went into University, and never came out. He really talks like someone who has never ever had any kind of real challenges in his life, but instead of thinking "i have been lucky" or something, he just assumes he's so loving brilliant that he knows exactly how everything should be.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

heh..........:smith:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Stephen fry is rich, British, and he has worked for the bbc. He’s clearly loving children and is for whatever allows him to gently caress more children

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Peterson's real talent is using his academic training to avoid directly making any of the claims that naturally follow from his mystic fascist nonsense.

It's the old, just because a guy writes "Women are evil chaos magicians who seek to control you with vaginomancy" doesn't mean he hates women.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
A pretty great breakdown of how the Ontario PC nomination process was corrupted in the globe and mail today.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-battle-for-the-ballot-inside-the-bitter-nominations-that-divided-the/

Shady poo poo.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Eurovision Ontario

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
went and voted today for joel usher

felt good

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Speaking with reporters on Saturday while campaigning in the Muskokas, Mr. Ford said he “hasn’t heard of any other issues” with nominations except for those raised in Brampton. He said that any issues should be addressed to the party’s former leader, Patrick Brown, who resigned in January after facing allegations of sexual misconduct.

“If there’s more allegations, then bring them forward. We’ll deal with them appropriately. And once I find out, I’ll deal with them exactly the way I’ve dealt with every other issue. I’ve inherited this mess from Patrick Brown and if it comes to me, I’ll act immediately,” said Mr. Ford.

Mr. Sandhu’s nomination was not disputed.
The Tory leader did not answer when he was repeatedly asked if the party was conducting an internal investigation into its candidates and any links with Snover Dhillon, a businessman and political organizer convinced of fraud. Mr. Dhillon played an influential role in a number of the disputed local nominations, including that of Mr. Sandhu. The PC Party also did not directly address a written question about whether it was looking into the allegations.

“The media keeps talking about it,” Mr. Ford said of the disputed nominations. “I don’t know about it. You mention the snowbird guy, I don’t know this guy. Maybe you guys should be talking to Patrick Brown.”

There you have it, the OPC strategy is to try and run out the clock for 3 weeks on this mess.

Somehow I don't think it's going to work.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
the NDP finally got a candidate for my riding and she's a loving corrections and parole officer lmao

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 9, 2022

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There are some really good cops, corrections and parole officers. There are lots of shitheads, but lots of people become cops because they want to help their communities. A really good local housing organization I worked with has a cop on their board, and from my limited interactions with her she was solid.

If nothing else they are pretty staunch supporters of unions.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
It's really loving strange. A lot of very left wing people regularly vote for the Liberals, and a lot of liberals who are afraid of anything resembling actual leftism regularly vote for the NDP.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Cops are like pitbulls. Extremely loving loyal companions that would do anything for the people they care about.

Until one day when you piss the wrong one off and it rips you apart.

Although I imagine if cops got the same treatment as pitbulls when they go bad it'd happen less often.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Protest at the border this afternoon between Solidarity Without Borders and the "Storm Alliance"

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/riot-police-solidarity-across-borders-face-off-during-demonstration-at-roxham-road-1.3937547

quote:

The Canada-U.S. border was the scene of a face-off between right-wing identity groups and their anti-fascist counterparts on Saturday at Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle.

The Surete du Quebec arrested one demonstrator for assault on an officer after anti-fascist crusaders from Solidarity Across Borders attempted to block Highway 15 North at Montee Guay on foot.

The highway was temporarily closed to traffic for a few hours during the afternoon rally, and traffic was diverted south.

The organization staged the protest to denounce the racism of the far-right and promote an "open and welcoming" border.

Well-known anti-fascist activist Jaggi Singh was arrested for diverting protestors onto the highway.

Because of the traffic diversion by Solidarity Across Borders - about 150 demonstrators total - Storm Alliance, an alt-right affiliate group, didn't arrive until later.

Storm Alliance, and other organizations opposed to Canadian immigration policies, gathered at Lacolle - 200m from the police lines - around 2 p.m.

In a video posted on Facebook, Storm Alliance spokesperson Eric Trudel posited Saturday's rally as a means of denouncing illegal immigration.

Accprding to him, the Canadian government is spending too much money to "invite people who don't need help," instead of "feeding and caring for children in Quebec."

During Saturday's rally, Trudel saluted the 250 members from identity groups that gathered in front of the trailers installed to house asylum seekers.

"We do not have anything against these people, but illegal immigration must stop," Trudel told The Canadian Press.

However, La Meute - another alt-right group - refused to join in the weekend demonstration. La Meute spokesperson, Sylvain Brouillette, said that Storm Alliance is mistaken in their targeting of asylum seekers.

Instead, Brouillette said in an online publication that "it's human to want the best for your family," referring to asylum seekers.

La Meute believes the real target in this debate should be Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who "prevents the RCMP from doing their job," the group said.

Interesting turn of events in which La Meute is not the worst. (They are still bad.)

Also, everyone's favourite "Catholic Nationalist" blogger Faith "Just Asking the Jewish Question" Goldy was there and she says she was spit on.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 19, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

What a collection of assholes

Reince Penis posted:

There you have it, the OPC strategy is to try and run out the clock for 3 weeks on this mess.

Somehow I don't think it's going to work.

I dunno, I mean normally it wouldn't, but this is Doug Ford we're talking about here. The best we can really hope for is depressed OPC turnout and vote splitting with Trillium/Alliance

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how the OPC candidates aren't showing up for the local debates. How much loving contempt do they have for their voters?

Well, a lot because they're Conservatives, but normally they at least try to appear like they care.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Con voters will vote Con anyway.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Remember that time Harper said we needed mandatory minimums to fight the sudden rise in “unreported crime” lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

that "Stop the NDP" account is gone... 🤔

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Don't worry, their main is ok.

https://twitter.com/OntLiberal/status/997931368033275904?s=19

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Who the gently caress pays attention to these loving numbers anyway? They are all made-up bullshit anyway. The government rigs the timing of sales and spending to juice the numbers, and the opposition makes up a bunch of poo poo about how they could obviously do more with less and would save billions.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I will never vote for a pig

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Why is the OLP quoting the national post for their information.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Jimbozig posted:

Who the gently caress pays attention to these loving numbers anyway?

deficits, deficits, deficits, DEFICITS!

rUn tHe GoVenMenT liKe a BuSiNesS!!

*has 20k credit card debt*

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

Why is the OLP quoting the national post for their information.

David Reevely is good. He's more Ottawa Citizen than National Post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I present to you D&D, the official candidate of the CanPol thread.

http://torontosun.com/news/provincial/warmington-ndp-candidate-says-she-wont-wear-a-poppy

1 - Won't wear a poppy because it 'glorifies war'
2 - Calls troops heroes in quotation marks
3 - Hates flyovers at sporting events
4 - 9/11 truther
5 - Takes notes at the marxist convention

Also lol @ archive.org meaning basically no candidate that ever had a blog won't have their terrible views come up and thrown in their face. What a time we live in.