Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Pikachu is cuter than Clefairy and a superior mascot.

Jigglypuff is better than both though.

This is true. I can only hope that the 3rd version is Jigglypuff-centric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Elfgames posted:

pikachu wasn't on either of the games that came out first though

That's true, but the anime was huge for the franchise and Pikachu was definitely the face of the anime. When I was a kid, I didn't even know that it was a video game series. I just knew about the cartoon and trading cards.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dienes posted:

Son of a bitch. I was breeding truant durants in Ultra Sun. The fifth egg hatched as a 3V shiny....with the ability swarm, so I can't even capsule it.

Capsule it anyway. Hustle Durant has a very slight niche, in that it makes Hone Claws better than Swords Dance.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

I don't understand the context of this shot but I love it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I prefer Durant to Scizor in battling for the Hustle madness, fight me.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Hustlin Floh posted:

This is true. I can only hope that the 3rd version is Jigglypuff-centric.

One version of the game for every pokemon in existence. It's the only one you can get and all the trainers have between 1 to 6 of that Mon or its evolution stages.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Shneak posted:

It chose Nanu for Kahuna because they're so much alike.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I respect birb's ability to chill with even the most legendary of wild mons.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm just really underwhelmed at Game Freak for (potentially) going the route of yet another Gen 1 remake.

This is it; twenty years we've been waiting for a full-fledged console Pokemon game, and after all this time they finally decide to pull the trigger on it and it's just a refurbishment job. No new locales, no new pokemon, no new anything really; just taking the pixels into 3D and calling it a day.

They've been milking the nostalgia factor for way too long with this series, ever since X and Y came out. I sincerely hope that these are nothing but rumors and that they're legit making a new Gen game with all the bells and whistles on it, not just another nostalgia cash-grab.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Parrotine posted:

I'm just really underwhelmed at Game Freak for (potentially) going the route of yet another Gen 1 remake.

This is it; twenty years we've been waiting for a full-fledged console Pokemon game, and after all this time they finally decide to pull the trigger on it and it's just a refurbishment job. No new locales, no new pokemon, no new anything really; just taking the pixels into 3D and calling it a day.

They've been milking the nostalgia factor for way too long with this series, ever since X and Y came out. I sincerely hope that these are nothing but rumors and that they're legit making a new Gen game with all the bells and whistles on it, not just another nostalgia cash-grab.

I still don't know why people hear "Kanto" and assume "FireRedder"/"LeafGreenier". There's never been a remake as the first entry in a given generation/console iteration, I don't know why the assumption is that the switch will suddenly do that.

Now if they had released a switch entry and then started talking about Kanto I'd be more worried, but as it is I'm not gonna stress about it until we hear more for real.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Parrotine posted:

we know nothing certain about them besides the names, maybe wait for the announcement to hate them

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they will be game freak games as they always are if u expect more u will be disappointed

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Kanto with the Breath of the Wild treatment would be a fantastic setting and I'm curious how they'd reconcile it with the original hamster tube map

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Shneak posted:

loss

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Otoh the player character kills his raticate and takes the pokemon champion title from him like 30 seconds after he wins it initially which kind of makes you the dick (although I always played Blue version so maybe I really was gary all along :ohdear:)

Speaking of, I know that "You killed Blue's Raticate" is generally one of those "retroactively applying edgy themes to a children's game", but did the designers ever say anything about what the actual intent of that whole "missing raticate and Blue's in Lavender Town" sequence was, or nah

I've seen/read a lot of material involving the demise of Blue's Raticate and the only one I enjoyed has been Festival of Champions
https://twitter.com/seijyun09/status/922779792205783041
https://twitter.com/seijyun09/status/896138366932078593

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I still don't know why people hear "Kanto" and assume "FireRedder"/"LeafGreenier". There's never been a remake as the first entry in a given generation/console iteration, I don't know why the assumption is that the switch will suddenly do that.

Now if they had released a switch entry and then started talking about Kanto I'd be more worried, but as it is I'm not gonna stress about it until we hear more for real.

Precedent isn't a good predictor since Gamefreak has been breaking precedent since like Gen 5.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Neo_Crimson posted:

Precedent isn't a good predictor since Gamefreak has been breaking precedent since like Gen 5.

guess it's time to dehumanize myself and face to the kanto remake with 148 eevee evolutions and pikachu

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Shneak posted:

Rowlet is getting used to its new mecha so that after 60 episodes of doing nothing, it'll finally be relevant again

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It's been a long rear end time since I've played FireRed/HeartGold. I don't mind going back to Kanto if they can do interesting things with it, which I'm sure they will. Please don't lock us into only the original 151/new evolutions, though. That would suck.

Keep the "Go" capture mechanics out of this, though, unless they're optional.

I think I might be the only person in here who'd prefer Pikachu version over Eevee version.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I already have like five unique pikachus with hats and surfboards and psychic powers and etc. i'm ready for a unique eevee

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

my only prediction is that there's gonna be an Alolan food shop and they're gonna sell an item that when Pikachu holds it, it evolves into Alolan Raichu

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'm beginning to wonder if this new Switch game will even be compatible with the previous games. There's no way to access Pokémon Bank on the Switch right now.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
because there's no reason to? there probably will be after it comes out

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Bank will be on Switch when it needs to be on Switch. Why would they put it on Switch before a Pokemon game exists for it?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Alxprit posted:

Bank will be on Switch when it needs to be on Switch. Why would they put it on Switch before a Pokemon game exists for it?

uh hello we have pokken???????

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Did they put any cool pokémon in pokken yet or is it still just Lucario vs. Mewtwo the game?

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

I wish they'd put Hodad in it for Alola flavour, and besides they have like three Pikachus in the game

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Did they put any cool pokémon in pokken yet or is it still just Lucario vs. Mewtwo the game?

Aegislash, Chandelure, and Blastoise count?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Mega Mawile exists and is the best

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

theres a lot of good mons in pokken so i have no idea what you're saying

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
> Implying Lucario and Mewtwo aren't cool

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kurieg posted:

Aegislash, Chandelure, and Blastoise count?

Note Block posted:

Mega Mawile exists and is the best

Yeah okay those are cool, fair enough.

Countblanc posted:

> Implying Lucario and Mewtwo aren't cool

Oh, I’m sorry if that’s how you read that. I’ll try to be more clear in my phrasing:

Lucario and Mewtwo are not cool. Explicitly.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
They're badass, unlike you. Begone.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mewtwo is very cool but im not super big on lucario... its ok, i guess

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

also mawile isnt in pokken so i dont know what that other guy is thinking of

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They added Croagunk so all Pokken is missing is Pinsir

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mewtwo is insanely cool

they should add electivire, is my opinion

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
As someone who's played tekken and also is real poo poo at fighting games, how is pokken

Edit: I don't know if tekken has anything to do with it but they both end in - kken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Countblanc posted:

They're badass, unlike you. Begone.

I’m sorry, but basically anything is cooler than an ugly loser Pokémon that was made the mascot of two separate generations without ever being given a non-ridiculous design. Mewtwo isn’t actually terrible but it’s nowhere near cool enough to get 780 BST.