Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

the insane mashup/museum style of smash but in a good game please

yeah basically a good single player smash brothers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think the hyrule warriors team said they want to do a Mario one

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Looking forward to Octopath, really hope they pull off the old SaGa style without having to rip out half of its guts like frontier.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Give me a Paperboy Musou game where instead of trying to dodge dogs and Death I can just get on my bicycle and mow them all down with sick combos.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Speaking of which, is Warriors All-Stars good? It looks fun but I'm worried it'll be super short.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Hyrule Warriors has so much in it. I'm just gonna get through the story before I even touch adventure or challenges or anything like that. How hard should I be trying to get pieces of heart and skulltulas on my first time through each mission?

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Before I had a ps3 I was at a music festival with my wife and we went on a trailer where they were hocking PlayStation all Stars battle Royale and you could play it in a tournament. My wife beat all the other people and we got a towel with the PS3 logo and a pair of sunglasses or something. That's bullshit I thought we'd get a ps3 or a game or something. We never played the game again. Well that's my story the end.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

Speaking of which, is Warriors All-Stars good? It looks fun but I'm worried it'll be super short.

i assumed you were talking about warriors orochi and have no idea what this is

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

warriors orochi 3 is massive

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bongo Bill posted:

Hyrule Warriors has so much in it. I'm just gonna get through the story before I even touch adventure or challenges or anything like that. How hard should I be trying to get pieces of heart and skulltulas on my first time through each mission?

Not that hard. You'll probably want to grab them eventually but by far the meat of the gameplay progression is in the Adventure Mode maps -- it's probably like a 10%/90% split between Story and Adventure as far as content goes . I consider the story to be , like, a tutorial -- you'll still have a bunch of characters to unlock and new weapon types that drastically change up the fighting styles of existing characters to the point where they may as well be different characters. Ugh the urge to rebuy this right now is so tempting , it's a massive time sink and I mean that in a very positive way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite character is Sheik so far, bc she's the hunting horn but in musou frantic nightmare combat

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i assumed you were talking about warriors orochi and have no idea what this is
No, I've played one of the Orochi games, I believe 2. I meant this PS4 game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warriors_All-Stars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

kotaku now rules cuz they pay tim rogers money

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

i must compose posted:

Before I had a ps3 I was at a music festival with my wife and we went on a trailer where they were hocking PlayStation all Stars battle Royale and you could play it in a tournament. My wife beat all the other people and we got a towel with the PS3 logo and a pair of sunglasses or something. That's bullshit I thought we'd get a ps3 or a game or something. We never played the game again. Well that's my story the end.

Sell the towel on ebay

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't like Donkey Kong's new voice. I wish he made the same sounding grunts as he did back in Donkey Kong 64

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hyrule warriors is real good
you run at like 200 mph and just have to control everything on the map at all times and cannot breathe for like 20 minutes straight on every stage
i dont remember other musou games going this fast paced overall

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

like 2 seconds from getting hyrule warriors definitive edition even though the wii u version's content burned me out...

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hyrule Warriors Impa is the best Impa

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i gotta pick this up since i havnet played this ever
even though warriors games arent exactly my thing Zelda is

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

like 2 seconds from getting hyrule warriors definitive edition even though the wii u version's content burned me out...

Same... backtothaoldme.jpg

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

hyrule warriors is real good
you run at like 200 mph and just have to control everything on the map at all times and cannot breathe for like 20 minutes straight on every stage
i dont remember other musou games going this fast paced overall

the last one I played was DQH and the big gimmick there was summoning monsters so on top of all the musou stuff you had to constantly be replacing all the monsters that were getting tore up by the enemy forces. Although the maps were smaller and shorter than in this, some of these levels just keep going.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hyrule Warriors is a really good time. I've played the 3ds one to death but I think I'll get it again now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

DQH was ok but I didn't like the bigger focus on defending areas that missions seemed to have, and character movesets weren't as exciting as they are in Hyrule Warriors. I loved the game's style though and the monster designs and animations were perfect -- just feel like the tug of war between assaulting enemy forts and defending your own in HW is a lot more fun.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

gently caress it I'm buying HW today lol.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

gently caress it I'm buying HW today lol.
Same, lol.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The last dragon quest I played was 8 but I really enjoyed it; is there a modern DQ that is any good?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its curtains for Kevin posted:

The last dragon quest I played was 8 but I really enjoyed it; is there a modern DQ that is any good?

9 is a DS game, 10 is a japanese only MMO, 11 is brand new and coming out in english in september

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I might wait for the switch version but a pc port is tempting...

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its curtains for Kevin posted:

the nds versions of 4-6 are good and in a shocking twist of events so are the phone ports. in fact the phone ports might be superior since they translated the party chat text that was axed in the ds versions. the 3ds version of dq7 is nice too and you can patch in the symphonic score if you have custom firmware on your 3ds. none of them look as good as dq8 on 3ds or the ps2 original.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I never played a dq before what’s the best one i can play on my phone

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

b_d posted:

I never played a dq before what’s the best one i can play on my phone

Probably 5, but 3 or 4 would also be strong picks.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

thank you

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If you need help deciding: 3 has you assembling a party out of generics, 4 gives a prologue chapter to each party member before they all come together, and 5 involves recruiting monsters.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

1-3 and 4-6 are both sort of trilogies plot wise.

I'd say play 4 thru 6 in order if you have time and 5 if you have to pick just one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the adventure maps are so cool lol, a good case of having interesting things in every direction you turn, so its hard to stop

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

the adventure maps are so cool lol, a good case of having interesting things in every direction you turn, so its hard to stop

Even the first basic map is really rad to me but I want to finish Legends mode first to get a feel for a lot of the cast.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Even the first basic map is really rad to me but I want to finish Legends mode first to get a feel for a lot of the cast.

i finished like the heroes story in legends and tooled around with adventure some and unlocked a sick zelda 1 link costume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Only 2 hours to go on my download which means I'll have just enough time to finish a single enemy encounter in Breath of the Wild