Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I mean the actor's cool but this char is getting beyond a Roman Reigns push

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

please be Earth-1 Alex PLEASE BE EARTH-1 ALEX

It feels like they want another spinoff otherwise I'd be all in for this.

Unless Chyler can do double duty on two shows.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Flash did a lot to make time travel stupid as hell in this universe, but Sarah showing up from her time travel ship just in time to hear her father died and then just crying about it is truly remarkable writing.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Can't believe they're going to do another season with Diaz.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was also really weird how the show namedropped the "Longbow Hunters" but they never actually appeared at all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Next season’s bad guy is going to drop Diaz in the cold open to show how evil they are.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I was actually expecting a double secret turn where Laurel was still working with Diaz and she siren'd him into the water to save him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Blaise330 posted:

I mean the actor's cool but this char is getting beyond a Roman Reigns push

It reminds me of why I turned on Wresting so hard. loving Triple H, lets not actually put any work in getting him over, lets just have him win all the time and everyone is always talking about how scary and mean he is.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Phenotype posted:

I don't know why the writers are so in love with this guy.
He's probably threatening their families or something. They wrote him into the show only to discover that he already existed and was secretly in control of Warner Bros. Television the whole time.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Can't believe they're going to do another season with Diaz.

My God. This whole time, we thought he wanted Star City, when what he really wanted was all of Season 7!

Diaz wins again!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

muscles like this! posted:

It was also really weird how the show namedropped the "Longbow Hunters" but they never actually appeared at all.

Next season Oliver will fight more archers, Barry will fight more speedsters, and the legends will fight... i dunno Team Rocket or something

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Eh, season 3 namedropped Damien Dahrk in the final few episodes and season 5 both introduced Cayden James without showing him and left Vigilante on the loose. The show's set stuff up before. I rewatched the episode to catch the couple minutes my cable dropped, and I've gotta say for as much as I hated him all season, I really liked Diaz in this final episode. Avecedo plays him so unhinged while he's losing his cool it's pretty great. If he shows up next season acting that crazy without having some 12-step-ahead plan, I might actually be excited.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blaise330 posted:

Next season Oliver will fight more archers, Barry will fight more speedsters, and the legends will fight... i dunno Rocket Raccoon or something

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Parts of me want to admit to the good things the episode did, but I'm so virulently in hate with this season that I'll deny all of them. What an abysmal end to an atrocious show. I'm electing not to follow up with Season 7.

Not that it wasn't entertaining, because watching something smoke, quiver, and puff out like season 6 has been a phenomenal case study in how not to do a television show.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

superLINUS posted:

These loving shows have become absolute hate watches this season.

Does that include Supergirl? I know the flash was fairly trash this year, and you clearly can't be talking about legends of tomorrow...

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"

Narcissus1916 posted:

Does that include Supergirl? I know the flash was fairly trash this year, and you clearly can't be talking about legends of tomorrow...

Legends was mostly good, Supergirl was tolerable. Arrow and Flash have been exasperating.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

superLINUS posted:

Legends was mostly good, Supergirl was tolerable. Arrow and Flash have been exasperating.

Black Lightning was the best. :colbert:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Next season’s bad guy is going to drop Diaz in the cold open to show how evil they are.

Just according to keikaku.

(Translator's note: keikaku means plan)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Eh, season 3 namedropped Damien Dahrk in the final few episodes and season 5 both introduced Cayden James without showing him and left Vigilante on the loose. The show's set stuff up before. I rewatched the episode to catch the couple minutes my cable dropped, and I've gotta say for as much as I hated him all season, I really liked Diaz in this final episode. Avecedo plays him so unhinged while he's losing his cool it's pretty great. If he shows up next season acting that crazy without having some 12-step-ahead plan, I might actually be excited.

The difference with those other instances is that they kind of just came up naturally in the story, while this was them specifically saying someone was showing up and then they didn't.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Honestly, both Flash and Arrow were decent this season but the start of their back half episodes kinda just fell flat.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

Next season Oliver will fight more archers, Barry will fight more speedsters, and the legends will fight... i dunno Team Rocket or something

If this means less Oliver shooting one arrow before engaging in lovely choreography then next season might actually be okay.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Alexander Hamilton posted:

If this means less Oliver shooting one arrow before engaging in lovely choreography then next season might actually be okay.

I think thats contagious, even Curtis is doing that now instead of his one hit instant ko homing balls.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I hope that if they're going to have Curtis stay on the show he can maybe actually do something besides get owned constantly.

Also they need to make sure he never mentions being an Olympian again, because I like you Echo Kellum, but I don't buy that poo poo for a minute.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I enjoyed it with the caveat that it was the best way they could clean up the messy season. I've said it the last few weeks but I think they finished off strong as best as they could since you can't go back and correct your mistakes. And I'm fine with Supermax Arrow and Diaz Take 2. I have cautious optimism that Kirk Acevedo can pull off a psychopath bent on revenge without the failed super crime boss genius stuff the finale effectively neutralized. And maybe Longbow Hunters? I'm game but I was never close to hatewatching this season.

TwoPair posted:

Also I would really like to see one of these drat series just let an actor quit without killing the character. Both Lance and Professor Stein on Legends have had pretty preventable deaths but nope we can't just have them ride into the sunset, gotta give these characters a little more angst since they didn't have enough already.

I mean... Thea and Roy just left town with Nyssa. And Ragman is around somewhere. Hell, isn't the Huntress alive somewhere? The Arrowverse isn't super terrible about that if mainly because Legends exists as a place to send characters who don't fit. But like, in a world of comic heroes and life and death stakes it makes sense that people die.

Bruceski posted:

Oh THAT would go over well. "I'm the Evil Universe duplicate of your dead sister. Let's be besties!"

I don't know that there's any intention to do it but I do think that Sara appearance at the end of the episode kind of set it up as a possability. Evil Laurel did the right thing in the end and was clearly mourning "dad's" death. Sara was excited to see her but also uncomfortable about her being different. Sara knows a thing or two about making up for your sins and suppressing your darker self. Laurel seems like she might be committed to being better. Sara might want to respect her father's wishes and feel like Laurel is her last connection to her dad/family (sorry, Lance Mom).

Like I said, I have no idea if its gonna happen but I think it totally works thematically.

Psychepath posted:

Flash did a lot to make time travel stupid as hell in this universe, but Sarah showing up from her time travel ship just in time to hear her father died and then just crying about it is truly remarkable writing.

This is kind of like a perfect example of the difference in how viewers respond to things based on their general feelings of the shows. Because Legends does that stuff all the time. They're constantly showing up late for poo poo and never ending up where they want to be when. And when they do it everyone just laughs and finds it charmingly nonsensical. But the same people are hate watching Arrow and Flash so when it happens there it gets them angry and is frustratingly stupid.

Like, I'm not calling you out. That sort of internal bias and perception is natural. If you're enjoying something you'll give things passes and go with it, and when you're not... we have TVIV hatewatching.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm :lol: that Curtis didn't get a heartfelt apology/closure talk. Because he's an unlikeable dick.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'd like if he got a half assed one and when it does that camera zoom-in shot for the handshake, Oliver fist bumps him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Curtis didn't get an apology/goodbye because he never really had a direct conflict with Oliver. Like Rene testified against Oliver and was hurt by him and had all that drama. Dinah had all the Vince/Laurel stuff. Dig had the hood/trust fight. Curtis just kind of just went one day "ugh, I'm going with those guys but we can keep doing that Helix thing." Aside from that one time he got really intense after Rene got hurt he's largely been kind of in the role of failed peacekeeper on the Outsider side that Felicity was on the Team Arrow side.

So like, Oliver could have given him a talk but what would he have even said? "Nice hair. Sorry for being a dick. I'm still not totally sure how you work considering you can't fight. And its still a weird costume. You're real smart though and I'm not sure why you haven't become a millionaire considering those flying balls you invented and the cure for major injuries and paralysis. We cool?"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I joked about Black Siren but Mr. Terrific is really who needs to go to the Waverider. He won't be wearing the costume on a regular basis and can do Tech Things<tm> with Ray.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Curtis was a smug dick when he found Dig and Oliver split and like the primary whiner about the spying thing even after he found out that Rene rolled on them all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's also the one who hosed Dig over by using the implant to track Team Arrow, even though he knew it would cause pain.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

So I watched 4 episodes of Arrow this season and stopped, should I go watch the whole thing or not?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

kingcom posted:

So I watched 4 episodes of Arrow this season and stopped, should I go watch the whole thing or not?

No.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Boo. Let him join our pain.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Also spoiler for next season. Supposedly Oliver is getting the goatee.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

I will forgive every single one of this season's egregious sins if that's true.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hasn't that been rumored every season?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Green Batman doesn’t have a goatee

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

superLINUS posted:

I gave up on Arrow back in like March, Flash at the very least I stuck out the whole season on. Black Lightning and Legends are top tier though, with Supergirl coming in third simply because while good, it's also been spinning its wheels this year with a lot of plots.

Rhyno posted:

Hasn't that been rumored every season?

Stephen Amell straight up said he's finally going to do it this year.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GreenNight posted:

This wouldn’t surprise me, he was already growing it out in the last episode. It would’ve been a really good metaphor for transitioning away from Not Batman and into the fun lefty crusader that comics Ollie is except the writers are way too hamfisted for that so it was a complete accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

I gave up on Arrow back in like March, Flash at the very least I stuck out the whole season on. Black Lightning and Legends are top tier though, with Supergirl coming in third simply because while good, it's also been spinning its wheels this year with a lot of plots.

Stephen Amell straight up said he's finally going to do it this year.

He said he was growing it out for the show back in season 4!