Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

koolkevz666 posted:

I'm getting the same, no pictures.

Same here, while a few of them are on lpix the first few aren't even in the post at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Sorry! These were turns run while my internet was down. I forgot to upload them!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I thought they were reduced to like no AV. How are we taking 10:1 casualties in a deliberate attack?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Uh

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Wow

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Dat adjusted offense. Send in the cooks w guns instead of pans.

But yeah, welcome to six weeks of bombardment.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Losing a 5th of the (tanks?) you brought in the first attack is probably not a good sign, yeah? I mean, yeah, most were only disabled but...

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

At last, those Chinese solders have been without fresh meat for so long...

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Where do the two Chinese units destroyed in Chunking go? I'd assume back to Chunking but there's no way that they can regain their strength again with the battle going on. If they did, it would be impossible to capture the city, which players have done before.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
Was that the deadliest day in the history of warfare?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

IIRC most people who capture Chungking do it by taking the city while most of the Chinese troops are out and about elsewhere. Grey's paradoxically kinda screwed himself by killing basically every Chinese unit on the board because now they're all in Chungking instead of spread out across the country.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ograbme posted:

Was that the deadliest day in the history of warfare?

Depending on how accurate the records of casualties are, there are quite a few battles in history that eclipse it. The battle of Leipzig is the only one in the modern era that exceeds it at around 124,000 casualties, assuming that you are looking at battles that only involved soldiers and not also civilians.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 19, 2018

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Can you do a deliberate attack and bombard on the same turn? Having your guns shelling them while at the same time sending in your expendable honorable infantry might keep your guns alive longer.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

I... presume thats what an attack without planning looks like? Hachi machi thats a lot of dead pixelmans

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
So yeah that just cost you 250 points worth of army losses.

Keep this up and you'll have won this in a few centuries when the engine hits a max limit of numbers and just goes "gently caress this, you've lost -2554 points total in army losses because gently caress you and your numbers"

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Ffffffucking hell, I see this playthrough's machine spirit has decided that without KIAfeng (from the US run) to keep up the blood price, Chungking shall have to take its place.

Reuben Sandwich
Jan 27, 2007

Well, at least the LCM confirmation adds one to the monthly goal.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

:stare:

That’s, uh, a start to the fight.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Only 4 more fort levels to go! It should get less bloody from now on if you keep the Chinese from rebuilding.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Dance Officer posted:

Only 4 more fort levels to go! It should get less bloody from now on if you keep the Chinese from rebuilding.

Maybe the game takes into acount the 100k dead bodies lying in front of the city as an extra fort level.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Can you use your accrued PP to find the best general you have and stick him in there for some command bonuses?

acidia
Oct 31, 2012
It isn't that bad though right? Without supply they can't rebuild those level 5 fortifications either. Now to figure out if the points lost are going to be greater or less than the points gained by taking it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Mmm, about expected tbh.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
Not seeing "Defender: Supply (-)" worries me.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Make sure you're bombing the airfield in Chungking every day so they can't rebuild their forts or gain supply!

whitewhale
Feb 21, 2013

wukkar posted:

Not seeing "Defender: Supply (-)" worries me.

They have just picked up 100,000 ration packs, ammo and slightly shredded sets of clothes.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Woodchip posted:

Dat adjusted offense. Send in the cooks w guns instead of pans.

But yeah, welcome to six MONTHS of bombardment.

FTFY. And daily bombing, too. That's about what's it gonna take for this to not end in the IJA bleeding itself white. Also, perhaps not putting Zapp Brannigan in command.

Reuben Sandwich
Jan 27, 2007

Magni posted:

FTFY. And daily bombing, too. That's about what's it gonna take for this to not end in the IJA bleeding itself white. Also, perhaps not putting Zapp Brannigan in command.
I think the B-29s are bombing regularly the airfield these missions would takeoff from.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Operation Ichi-Go was at least 600,000 military dead, so it wouldn't surprise me if this operation was similar.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So even being surrounded the city is permanently in supply and can keep on generating, even while under seige/bombardment and possibly air attack if Grey ever finds a nearby airfield to launch raids from?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

wedgekree posted:

So even being surrounded the city is permanently in supply and can keep on generating, even while under seige/bombardment and possibly air attack if Grey ever finds a nearby airfield to launch raids from?

if Grey manages to strategic-bomb the factories into nothing, they will stop generating supply, which can then run out, which will then result in a low/no supply penalty.

Chungking will always respawn the destroyed units (after 30 days IIRC) as long as it's still controlled by the Chinese.

acidia
Oct 31, 2012
Bombardments do any factory damage?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Well if there is any WWII army willing to pay that butcher's bill, its the IJA.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

acidia posted:

Bombardments do any factory damage?

they do not, no.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Lots of defeatism in this thread...

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

It looks bad now, but the AI often likes to counterattack the day after you send your own wave in, so it's possible tomorrow will be even bloodier if the unsupplied Chinese troops attack.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Why are there so many people complaining about a few cuts and bruises? What is this, the naval service?

Slippery42
Nov 10, 2011
A few mechanics notes:

Destroyed units in Chungking respawn after 30 days, but they do so at 1/3 strength.

Repairing a single point of industry damage costs 1000 supply. Aside from limiting the city's ability to produce more supply, bombing industry will burn what's there very quickly as well if the AI decides to repair it.

Consider setting a LRCAP over the city to intercept any air transports. Not sure if the AI's savvy enough to try this, but if they are, hey, free plane kills!

As others have said, bomb the airfield to burn supply and prevent their engineers from restoring forts.

If you have a spare squadron of recon planes, have them fly daily missions over the city. The "detection level" of a hex factors into your dice rolls during combat, so anything to increase it will help.

Finally, the manual alludes to a "daily allotment of supply" in certain bases, including Chungking. That could explain why we aren't seeing a supply (-) modifier in the combat report. The manual doesn't say how much supply's generated there, because of course not.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Why did they go with that dumb abstraction? Couldn't the supply generation have been split more pseudorealistically around the map, supply convoy arrives here, coal is mined here, factory is here, cut a couple roads and no more supply?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

aphid_licker posted:

Why did they go with that dumb abstraction? Couldn't the supply generation have been split more pseudorealistically around the map, supply convoy arrives here, coal is mined here, factory is here, cut a couple roads and no more supply?

Witp.txt