Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Diaz definitely showed some life in 10 and 11. I still have 7 rounds for Russell which punches his ticket barring a 12th round knockdown but any score 7-5 or 6-6 I would think is ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Rivas fight just finished live. The showtime stream is split between two events iirc

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My final card was 7-5 Russell. I think Diaz took the last round, I gave him 10 and 11 although I think 10 could have gone to Russell instead. If Diaz had been a little more active in the middle of the fight I think he would have a strong argument for victory.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

115-113, two 117-111s for Russell. I think those cards are ok, maybe a little wider than the actual fight was, but I also think Russell was consistently the better man in the ring. My score may have been wider if I wasn't looking for rounds to give to Diaz to close it up.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/fightingwords2/status/998042034136125440

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
please let me watch stevenson get severely bashed live

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Ian "Ullo John, Gotta New Motor?" Lewis is the ref, which means this should be fun

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Stevenson looks so much bigger than Jack.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Stevenson looks so much bigger than Jack.

seriously

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stevenson definitely looks slower though

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've got it 1-1 even, gave Jack the first and Stevenson the second. Stevenson is going to win an outside fight easy, Jack is approaching this with a lot of caution as he figures out how to get in on Stevenson.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
superman aint poo poo

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Slow start but it's definitely turning up now

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've got the fight even through 6, think the Showtime card of 5-1 Stevenson is a little too wide but they favored his activity whereas I liked Jack's effectiveness.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

this is going to be great. please let me see stevenson get owned.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Jack may need to knock him down to avoid a hometown decision loss.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

jack really is laying into his balls tho lol

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Stevenson looks cooked but Badou isn't really getting off enough to take full advantage

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Chickenson's sprung a leak

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Much better work on the inside from Jack. I think it's a combination of Stevenson tiring enough that Jack can get in, and Jack himself no longer respecting Stevenson's power overmuch.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Much better work on the inside from Jack. I think it's a combination of Stevenson tiring enough that Jack can get in, and Jack himself no longer respecting Stevenson's power overmuch.

stevenson can bomb but i think he's past the point of being able to ko badou at this point

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

please retire adonis. quit. be humiliated.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Stevenson's conditioning is awful. There's nothing even in his hooks.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That round 10 body shot has really affected Jack, seems he's still recovering.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

holy poo poo this is nuts

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Why don't we like Stevenson? I mean I'm already standing for Jack so w/e

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

holy poo poo this is nuts

Also this

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

this is a Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev fans thread

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
he straight refused to fight kovalev and has generally been a bitch

this fight is real good though

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

He's a former pimp and woman beater.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Waiting for the ref eating a shot replay

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Waiting for the ref eating a shot replay

Did not dissapoint lmao

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

loving hell. i loving hate stevenson but he's got the heart of a loving champion. he was basically dead for the last 12 minutes and still very nearly won by ko on multiple occasions. grit.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think this is 8-4 Jack and feel he deserves this fight regardless of round-by-round scoring. Showtime gave Stevenson 5 of the 6 first round but I think they gave him rounds where not much actually happened.

I'm expecting some home town cooking here though.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzsEdTF4D0s

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Majority draw, arguably not the worst decision.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I think this is 8-4 Jack and feel he deserves this fight regardless of round-by-round scoring. Showtime gave Stevenson 5 of the 6 first round but I think they gave him rounds where not much actually happened.

I'm expecting some home town cooking here though.

i could see 115-113 stevenson if you were generous but i had jack up by 2 or 3 reasonably easy.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
4th draw for Jack? god drat lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I had it 7-5 to Stevenson