Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CountFosco posted:

I disagree with Contrapoints on some pretty fundamental issues. For example, everything.

the gently caress are you doing listening to chapo then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
"guys im a big fan of the new patron saint of dipshit chuds in training, but actually im a real leftist, also i dont like the most prominent leftist youtube person who actually makes good engaging content but jordie petes and his canadian kermit dipshittery is fuckin rad"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i cannot imagine the kind of smoothbrained retard you have to be to listen to jordan peterson and chapo at the same time, and then on top of that not like contrapoints

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Everyone.

Read this review.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Everyone.

Read this review.

gently caress you no

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

gently caress you no

Ok but it is loving funny.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i can't stop laughing at all the jordan peterson fans (including ben shapiro) getting all upset at an article that quotes the guy verbatim.

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001

not clicking but isnt slatestarcodex some kind of nrx poo poo

edit: contrapoints rules so i'm definitely not clicking

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
yeah miss me with the incel self-help guru four hour youtube lecture poo poo

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Ok but it is loving funny.

Nathan J. Robinson's takedown is more gratifying

quote:

A few more Petersonisms:

There is no being without imperfection.” No poo poo.

You can’t make rules for the exceptional.” By definition.

The future is the place of all potential monsters.” The future is the place for all potential everything.

People aren’t after happiness, they’re after not hurting.” I’m actually after happiness, thanks.

You cannot be protected from the things that frighten you and hurt you, but if you identify with the part of your being that is responsible for transformation, then you are always the equal, or more than the equal of the things that frighten you.” Unless you are frightened of leopards, and are subsequently eaten by leopards.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

robinson is the best in the game. his takedowns of shapiro and charles murray are great.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
here's my sizzling hot take, get some aloe ready

contrapoints can get it

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

CountFosco posted:

I disagree with Contrapoints on some pretty fundamental issues. For example, everything.

Okay, well

I’m subscribed to her channel, and who the gently caress are you?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

scary ghost dog posted:

pottersville sounds like it rules

It runs out of steam once Tom Lennon shows up/the movie shifts focus away from Michael Shannon. It’s worth watching until the precise moment you realize you’re bored with it.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

CountFosco posted:

why are you a fan of someone who is so openly misogynistic, op?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Oh poo poo nellie bowles is the lady I used to have a crush on from watching vice, I wondered where she went

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

CountFosco posted:

Then you are lost.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Oh, so you're the dude they're talking about when they say if you stand for nothing you'll fall for anything!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
if you're a fan of jordan peterson, and I believe this totally unironically, you need a good rear end kicking

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

https://twitter.com/intellegint/status/997545313870209025

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

cat doter posted:

if you're a fan of jordan peterson, and I believe this totally unironically, you need a good rear end kicking

At least his room is clean though

It is clean, isn't it bucko?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CountFosco posted:

I disagree with Contra about Foucault being boring but that's about it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

robinson is the best in the game. his takedowns of shapiro and charles murray are great.

I sent my parents one of his articles and my mom developed a crush on “the way he thinks” and then I sent her a picture of this man who so clearly publishes a leftist magazine and she was like “never mind”

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

TetsuoTW posted:

At least his room is clean though

It is clean, isn't it bucko?

preeminent philosopher of our age? or my dad? only time will tell...

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I will never stop finding it funny that whenever Kermit says "bucko" he wields it like he's saying "oval office", as though it's got some transgressive power instead of making him sound like a joke.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
I like Contra when she’s speaking in interviews and on panels, I just don’t care for her style of videos. 🤷🏾‍♀️

vvv She was great on the Michael Brooks show, and to my surprise, the interview with Blair White which I initially thought was a mistake for her to do. I just don't care for her characters and gimmicks in her video essays. vvv

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 19, 2018

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Gynocentric Regime posted:

I like Contra when she’s speaking in interviews and on panels, I just don’t care for her style of videos. 🤷🏾‍♀️

i've never watched anything of hers because i can't possibly think of a bigger waste of time than any of those 45 minute youtube debate people

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

little munchkin posted:

i've never watched anything of hers because i can't possibly think of a bigger waste of time than any of those 45 minute youtube debate people

she does a good job breaking down leftist philosophy for dummies

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

little munchkin posted:

They're good videos but I def have to take them in like 15 min bursts because poo poo I got better things to do than spend an entire hour on a YouTube video, like literally anything else

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

she does a good job breaking down leftist philosophy for dummies

sounds like a great watch if you're dumb and also place no value on your time

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

coathat posted:

Get this there are many cavalry units in modern armies and none of them fight on horseback.

But they fight on whatever they rode in on, don't they?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

little munchkin posted:

i just leave it open on my second monitor while i do other stuff

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

little munchkin posted:

Dumb and my time has no value, here: It's.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Watching youtube videos is a waste of time, you should be doing much more important poo poo like posting

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have more important things to do than watch a 45 minute video says person posting in thread about hour long podcast.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The_Rob posted:

I have more important things to do than watch a 45 minute video says person posting in thread about hour long podcast.

I mean it's a lot harder to watch a video than listen to a podcast while driving or playing a video game or whatever.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Someone made a joke about reading the "this is my becoming" scene from Manhunter in petersons voice and it made me realize that part of the appeal of him is that he's basically a Thomas Harris character in real life, but incredibly lamer

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

little munchkin posted:

Yeah I love them.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

This is interesting, and it gives some clue as to how Peterson was able to get through Harvard. He has a certain gift for language. But as the reviewer points out he does not have a coherent philosophy.

And all the crazy poo poo he's said about women and his intrusions into the culture war on the batshit crazy side makes me think that, while this book may present him as a good person, he's actually harmful to the kind of society I would like to see exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017
https://imgur.com/a/YXql8Bp

the onguard for thee subreddit loved this take

Is woke culture now fracturing between neoliberal market based sjws and leftist sjws?

Grammar-Bolshevik fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 20, 2018