Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

om nom nom posted:

I probably sound like an old fart but I think it's ironic that expensive jeans, most of the time, and pre-distressed and ripped. If you buy brand new jeans for $20 at Target they will fade and tear all on their own, but you get to have a solid pair of pants for a long time before that.

It's the apex of :effort:

Same reason why "reliced" guitars are priced a few grand more when the factory just has a dude grab something off the line throw his car keys and beer cans at it for four hours then wipe his ball sweat on the metal bits before lunch break and move on to the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

om nom nom posted:

I probably sound like an old fart but I think it's ironic that expensive jeans, most of the time, and pre-distressed and ripped. If you buy brand new jeans for $20 at Target they will fade and tear all on their own, but you get to have a solid pair of pants for a long time before that.

Also, how the gently caress long are those distressed jeans supposed to last? They're already falling apart? Are they supposed to be one wear and then thrown away, because that's about all the life the have in them with some of those jeans. I'm trying to find the picture of the recent ones on a female model which are basically the belt, a denim thong, the side stitching and then the cuff at the bottom.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

In no way do I endorse paying $400 for a pair of jeans, but assuming you want a pair that fits well and actually holds a shape theb there's a difference between a $20 pair and a $100, say. If you just want a pair of shapeless baggy jeans then yeah your $20 pair are fine.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

DiggityDoink posted:

Also, how the gently caress long are those distressed jeans supposed to last? They're already falling apart? Are they supposed to be one wear and then thrown away, because that's about all the life the have in them with some of those jeans. I'm trying to find the picture of the recent ones on a female model which are basically the belt, a denim thong, the side stitching and then the cuff at the bottom.

those are chaps

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Even a Pokemon protagonist girl wore jeans that were basically more pockets than pants. At least she had pockets?

Was there a Fashion SWAT article on Pokemon trainers? There really should be. That series has a... distinct approach to fashion.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I cannot believe they would do that to a guy wearing an $800 pair of jeans. Come on!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Even a Pokemon protagonist girl wore jeans that were basically more pockets than pants. At least she had pockets?

Was there a Fashion SWAT article on Pokemon trainers? There really should be. That series has a... distinct approach to fashion.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

punchymcpunch posted:

those are chaps

That's basically what they were except denim and $400.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

...in his $1200 jeans? Come on!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

egads! the jeans is ruined

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Johnny Aztec posted:

DICK

THE

BIRTHDAY
BOY

I'm half tempted to post it in that thread. Good god.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

om nom nom posted:

Trim them yourself and make the best jorts

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

punchymcpunch posted:

egads! the jeans is ruined

And yet you call them pre-distressed, despite the fact they're obviously new.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Those were cutoffs. She was a nevernude. There are dozens of them! DOZENS!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dr Strange 2 looking pretty crazy

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DiggityDoink posted:

The 'Extreme Cut Out Jeans':
https://carmardenim.com/products/extreme-cut-out-jean

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm gonna assume those are like the Justin Bieber diaper jeans and nobody actually wears that poo poo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I wasn't aware the "I got dragged behind a moving vehicle at high speed" look was fashionable.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Memento posted:

Dr Strange 2 looking pretty crazy

:thermidor:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:agreed:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Is this what that LSD mouse comic from Perry Bible Fellowship was based off of? :monocle:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Parrotine posted:

Is this what that LSD mouse comic from Perry Bible Fellowship was based off of? :monocle:

No, that comic is a reference to Keep On Truckin', which was an R. Crumb comic that got weirdly popular among hippies.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
They’re both based on “keep on truckin’,” which is a 60s meme.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Had a poster of that on the back of my bedroom door during my early childhood. God life as a toddler was confusing

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The evolution of douchebags

https://i.imgur.com/OnC7EbW.mp4

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Haha of course

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

They’re both based on “keep on truckin’,” which is a 60s meme.

Yeah the photos of Lennon were taken in the Rue d'Antibes, Cannes in 1971 so there's a good chance he was copying the R Crumb comic.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Data Graham posted:

Had a poster of that on the back of my bedroom door during my early childhood. God life as a toddler was confusing

Read bedroom as dormroom.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

what

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

This is an anime reference yeah?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If something ever gets posted on these forums that you don’t understand, you can always say it’s loss and be correct.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Storyboard for Bill & Ted 3 really shaping up

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

What I get from this is that guy is a douchebag no matter what decade he would be in.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dialhforhero posted:

What I get from this is that guy is a douchebag no matter what decade he would be in.

I don't know him personally, but he certainly excels at playing a douchebag.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah the photos of Lennon were taken in the Rue d'Antibes, Cannes in 1971 so there's a good chance he was copying the R Crumb comic.

I know it's kind of off topic, but is it just perspective here or is Lennon gigantic? I know Yoko is small but that guy to his left looks tiny in comparison too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

TheQuietWilds posted:

I know it's kind of off topic, but is it just perspective here or is Lennon gigantic? I know Yoko is small but that guy to his left looks tiny in comparison too.

It's all perspective, man. https://www.wimp.com/how-lord-of-the-rings-used-forced-perspective-shots-with-a-moving-camera/