Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

oh god its my personal nightmare

I am reading the Love Doctor right now and out of all the webtoon yuri stuff I read, this is probably my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Mikl posted:

Thanks.

And I apologise for my previous post. I'm in a terrible mood and I should really avoid posting when I'm like this, it makes my inner bitch show.

It's ok your bitchy tone doesn't come across in text.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
this gave me a laugh https://mangadex.org/chapter/324883/1

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
there's a yamaji ebine on mangadex i don't remmeber reading even though i'm sure i read everything by her on dynasty, so maybe i'll read that

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Oh hey, the person who did Momo, Botan and Lily Blossoms does have another work, and it sounds awful! Its a real shame, I was real sad Momo ended after 5 chapters back when I first read it.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Everything Burrito posted:

goddammit how have y'all not seen me talk that up before

What Did You Eat Yesterday? is fantastic and also licensed so buy it!
There are 12 volumes out currently and I'm pretty sure only a fraction of it is online so you'll have to to read the whole thing (plus it's ongoing)

I blame the act of rediscovery. I have given up on kissmanga, there is too much weird poo poo uploaded there that it makes me uncomfortable going there on computers/my phone where people might look at my screen. So I'm rediscovering all these things as they're uploaded to mangadex.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The lady that writes that one, Fumi Yoshinaga, has some really good stuff so you might want to also check out her other work. The most famous one is probably Antique Bakery (which I still haven't read actually :blush: but did finally get the books). My favorite is What Did You Eat Yesterday? but I also really enjoyed Ichigenme - The First Class is Civil Law which is a 2 volume series that covers a relationship from students in law school to middle-age. It's more drama-heavy and both guys have flaws which create conflicts but that's also what makes it a really interesting story. The first volume is a single narrative but the second is slice of life vignettes that look at how they all ended up years later and it's such a good way to get glimpses of their lives and closure to their stories. I've read some of her anthology collections as well and imo they were a little hit and miss, but that tends to be the nature of such things -- some of the stories were fantastic and some I didn't really care for but they were all interesting to read so I'd recommend those as well if you can find them. She's also got a historical BL that I haven't read that's set during the French Revolution.

Since a lot of these books are so old they're out of print and I don't think you'll find a lot of scans online (or at least any worth reading). I ended up just buying what I could find used copies of but for the most part they were pretty cheap. Antique Bakery was the only one I had to fork over some real cash for.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I blame the act of rediscovery. I have given up on kissmanga, there is too much weird poo poo uploaded there that it makes me uncomfortable going there on computers/my phone where people might look at my screen. So I'm rediscovering all these things as they're uploaded to mangadex.

I've mostly given up on Kissmanga too, but more because they're getting stupid with ad-block-blockers making it impossible to read on my browser, but I found a handy tool to transfer bookmarks from Kissmanga to Mangadex and now I'm only reading Kissmanga for the series it has that Mangadex doesn't.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I read a lot of antique bakery and it's good but i dont remember where i was so i will never finish it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The "locked in a room until you have sex" meme except dis and consuming media

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
OMG komi and tadano trading keychains aaaaaaaa

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I've mostly given up on Kissmanga too, but more because they're getting stupid with ad-block-blockers making it impossible to read on my browser, but I found a handy tool to transfer bookmarks from Kissmanga to Mangadex and now I'm only reading Kissmanga for the series it has that Mangadex doesn't.

Gimme that tool so I can transfer over too!!!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Motto posted:

The "locked in a room until you have sex" meme except dis and consuming media

i finished multiple books this year it just so happens that 90% of media is insanely uninteresting

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

uninteresting but good media

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Invictus posted:

Gimme that tool so I can transfer over too!!!

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/38156-kissmanga-to-mangadex-migration-tool

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i got no clue if any of it's good or not i just can't bring myself to look at it, alas

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

New Years Holiday With The Office Lady Couple:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I clicked the Ham tag and surprisingly there was more than one

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Never doubt the power of ham.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
And track suits. Don't forget that part.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You know it's true love when you can do ham and tracksuits.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I clicked the Ham tag and surprisingly there was more than one

You’re surprised that manga can get hammy?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=123657

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
whoops got my new manga mixed up

haji is v good

they did the one with the spider yokai and the monk also

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

there's a yamaji ebine on mangadex i don't remmeber reading even though i'm sure i read everything by her on dynasty, so maybe i'll read that

im too lazy but here it is https://mangadex.org/manga/1286/love-my-life

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've been stuck in the car for multiple hours and with nothing but komisan to read, I'm up to the maid cafe and I'm shocked they spent an entire volume(?) on it but it was very cute

The anime this will inevitably get will be so good. Also Thanks for this buddy~

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
It should spend the entire duration of Tadano being on screen on Tadano in a maid costume imo

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Oh no! Sadako!

:kimchi:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
thats some good stuff

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Not to insist you need to swap back, but disabling adblocker seems to be fine so long as you run ScriptSafe or some other script blocker. I haven't seen those popups since I did that.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Caitlin posted:

Not to insist you need to swap back, but disabling adblocker seems to be fine so long as you run ScriptSafe or some other script blocker. I haven't seen those popups since I did that.

Nah, I just used Chrome instead (my default browser is Opera), a fresh install of uOrigin and some scripts specifically for KissManga and it works again.

I still use the site cause it's bookmarks are easier to follow than MangaDex's, and it also updates certain series that MangaDex either doesn't have or doesn't have everything for. But I've mostly switched and any new series I pick up is on MangaDex.

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
So The Lady and Her Butler just had a huge update

:3:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://mangadex.org/chapter/326264/1 new aquarium chap is the only ting sustaining my lifeforce

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://mangadex.org/manga/1482/partners this is on the 'dex now. really interesting and v nws

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/326264/1 new aquarium chap is the only ting sustaining my lifeforce

Volume ends are the worst, I've decided.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
It is indeed an extremely hosed up place to end

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

DisDisDis posted:

It is indeed an extremely hosed up place to end

Indeed and volume 3 isn't even out yet. drat

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

MisterFuzzles posted:

So The Lady and Her Butler just had a huge update

:3:

which chapter?

e: I'm reading on lezhin but hopped over to mangago to see if they're in the same place and lol at the reaction to Taesoo's look in the most recent one

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 21, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I feel that is perhaps the least important question to ask about that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.

Everything Burrito posted:

which chapter?

e: I'm reading on lezhin but hopped over to mangago to see if they're in the same place and lol at the reaction to Taesoo's look in the most recent one

I'm using a phone app and it bulk updated like 34 to 46. If you mean which chapter the face was about, it was just a general catch all for most of it.