Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was disappointed about Terriers because I really wanted more from the universe and characters. Also, it ends on a bit of a cliffhanger.

I think the show I’ll always be pissed about getting cancelled is The Middleman. I would also say Clone High, but I came across it years after it was cancelled so the finale didn’t sting as much as it would have if I had been a loyal fan watching week-to-week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

lelandjs posted:

I was disappointed about Terriers because I really wanted more from the universe and characters. Also, it ends on a bit of a cliffhanger.

I guess. There are really two kinds of cliffhangers. There's the kind where the season's story hangs and you have to come back to see how it resolves (lots of shows do this), and there's where the season's story concludes, but they leave you with a vague "but there can still be more adventures!" hook.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

With Terriers they did introduce a new big baddie near the end. But the jail storyline was obvious.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If we're just gonna talk about shows that were canned too soon, Batman: The Brave and the Bold was the best cartoon DC's ever made, and while 3 seasons can be considered a decent run, it could've gone on for at least another 2 before getting stale. And it's really, really obvious the creators weren't ready to end it, and it got canned to make the immediately-forgotten CG "Beware the Batman" that was a total loving flop, so it's not even like there was a good business reason to end it.

I also wish my ultimate guilty pleasure show, Destroyed in Seconds, was still running to this day. Literally just disaster archival footage with lame editing and an over-excited guy yelling over it. They didn't even film him in a studio for the intro bits, he's just standing in a field, or next to a power pylon or something.

And as for shows with weird cast replacements, Crossing Lines comes to mind. It was hardly a great show but the characters had a pretty established dynamic, then they end season 2 by killing off what's essentially one of the two central characters, and after being miraculously picked back up, return with only 3 of the original cast members out of 8, and the main character wasn't one of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There is a rumor on Facebook at the El Ray network is developing an adaptation of Big Trouble in Little China. I grew to love the From Dusk til Dawn series so I would hope if it happens it's from the guys behind that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hope you like people complaining that it's not racist enough.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Friends, what's the first show that you loved that was cancelled unjustly, leading you to mistrust and hate network executives?

I never thought of myself as a violent man but I’ve been thinking about this a lot, and I would probably murder one of you if it meant a full 5-7 season run of Journeyman.

Oh sure, your ghost would keep hanging out at the corner of my eye, staring at me in judgmental silence, chilling me with guilt and anxiety, but then I’d watch Kevin McKidd take down the Zodiac killer or something with the help of several people he saved in previous episodes before sharing a big romantic moment with his wife, and for a moment it would all be worth it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
One older show that had one season which I'd have liked to see more of is Tales of the Gold Monkey. That was a fun Indiana Jones thing. Too bad the lead actor turned out to be a paedophile.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

There is a rumor on Facebook at the El Ray network is developing an adaptation of Big Trouble in Little China. I grew to love the From Dusk til Dawn series so I would hope if it happens it's from the guys behind that.

Given the reliability of the previous “Facebook rumours” you’ve posted, I’d not put too much stock into this.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Why is it that a show as lauded as St. Elsewhere is completely unavailable on dvd or streaming beyond its first season?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone watch Sneaky Pete season 2? I remember really enjoying season 1.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I wish Farscape had had one more season. The Peacekeeper Wars was great, but man that concept could have been incredible.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Amazon making the proper move today as it has renewed The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel for a third season.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm also still quite sad Life was canned after two seasons.

X-O posted:

Amazon making the proper move today as it has renewed The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel for a third season.

Excellent.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

esperterra posted:

I'm also still quite sad Life was canned after two seasons.

God, that show was my jam ten years ago. It had some real misses (the hacker episode) but it was by and large excellent.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

X-O posted:

Does season 2 have a release date yet?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

X-O posted:

Before the second season even is released?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ugly In The Morning posted:

God, that show was my jam ten years ago. It had some real misses (the hacker episode) but it was by and large excellent.

lmao was that the episode where the hacker hid stuff inside Prince of Persia or something?? It was definitely a choice but still entertaining.

drat fine show tho. And the soundtrack as it aired was so loving good. The home release sucks.

e: ^^^ no but the show just won a Peabody and ASP needled Amazon about a third season during her acceptance speech I guess lol

also it sounds like both ASP and Lauren Graham want her on the show ASAP.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

GobiasIndustries posted:

Anyone watch Sneaky Pete season 2? I remember really enjoying season 1.

It's still good, but has a really dumb subplot (psychics: real or fraud?) and the villain isn't particularly compelling.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

phosdex posted:

Does season 2 have a release date yet?

November this year.

MiddleOne posted:

Before the second season even is released?

Yes: http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/marvelous-mrs-maisel-renewed-season-three-amy-sherman-palladino-1202817025/

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Chubby Henparty posted:

Were you complaining about new Magnum and pals being ex seal delta shootymen because the originals were exactly that

Well poo poo, I wasn't a super avid watcher of the original but I don't remember that ever really coming up. Wikipedia does indeed say you're right though.

It was more about the mentions of North Korea though that made me think of the H50 reboot though, before I quit watching it they went into some serious levels of military fetishism and regularly had the characters infiltrating North Korea like it was no big thing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

raditts posted:

Well poo poo, I wasn't a super avid watcher of the original but I don't remember that ever really coming up. Wikipedia does indeed say you're right though.

It was more about the mentions of North Korea though that made me think of the H50 reboot though, before I quit watching it they went into some serious levels of military fetishism and regularly had the characters infiltrating North Korea like it was no big thing.

During the original run you had the popularization of films like Rambo: First Blood Part 2 and Missing In Action, etc, and Magnum tried to cash in on the that.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
I know lots of people think it's awful (and it is in some ways), but I just saw the trailer for the Sense8 finale episode and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYU8w4ONQVo

Also, that's definitely Hugo Weaving in the mask at the end right?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I watched the first couple seasons a while back and the whole ex-military thing is part of the escapism-for-middle-aged-men that is Magnum, but they're not supersoldiers and raise the right issues. (him in his navy whites in the credits is from the pilot, I always wondered watching it growing up) I can imagine the new one going way over the top though.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I wish Farscape had had one more season. The Peacekeeper Wars was great, but man that concept could have been incredible.

Was there gonna be a big Nebari arc? Because that's what I was expecting as the Peacekeepers and Scarrans became less like antagonists, and the Nebari got teased earlier as mega-villains.

El Grillo posted:

I know lots of people think it's awful (and it is in some ways), but I just saw the trailer for the Sense8 finale episode and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYU8w4ONQVo

Pretty sure that's just Whispers.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 20, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lycus posted:

Was there gonna be a big Nebari arc? Because that's what I was expecting as the Peacekeepers and Scarrans became less like antagonists, and the Nebari got teased earlier as mega-villains.

They definitely had bigger plans for the Nebari. I believe that was next up and the Scarran/PK conflict was going to slow burn for season 6.

I'm not sure if I'd weighed in on this subject but boy I sure am salty about Farscape being canceled.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bruceski posted:

I caught half of the next-to-last episode of OUAT before Agents of Shield, and my thoughts (completely self-aware) were "wow that was bizarre. Now let's watch a grounded show where accidental time travelers are getting ready to fight a guy who was driven insane and then touched metal that made him crazier and start eating people."

The moral is: anything seems weird when you come in right at the end.

I think last season AoS followed the Good Place and I wasn't watching that show from the start. So one day I turned on my AoS recording and caught the final bit of a Good Place episode where some pretty lady in a fancy dress was standing over what appeared to be a pit to hell or something and all I could think was "What the hell show is on before this?"

I think I check out as many shows because I'm confused about what my DVR recorded at the start of another show and I'm just really curious to find out WTF as shows that I check out just because of trailers or hype or something.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shield is ABC, Good Place is NBC

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

poo poo, you're right. Well I don't remember what I was watching after Good Place but the story stays the same. I basically checked it out because I was really confused by the episode endings.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Lycus posted:

That was the plan.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Speaking of seeing the tail end of crazy poo poo, I watched the last 15 minutes of that Archie show on CW and I saw at least three instances of people trying to kill each other and some sort of Mad Max gang.

That is not what I think of when I think of Archie.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah Riverdale is great.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

^^

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Have they proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Archie is all about pussy?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

El Grillo posted:

That's Christopher Plummer, no?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

obligatory sense8 is bad post

it's real bad

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rocksicles posted:

Have they proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Archie is all about pussy?

Archie is not loving Mr. Weatherbee!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

esperterra posted:

obligatory sense8 is bad post

it's real bad

That's not obligatory

You could just have easily not posted

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Archie is not loving Mr. Weatherbee!

Not yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well...Vida ep 3 had a hell of cold open.

Muy bien.