Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Arquinsiel posted:

That explains it. Was wondering if these might be the rumoured pre-built versions or something. Looks like the HLC is a straight downgrade for Dash now.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't even have a cannon slot any more since HLC outrider is baked in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Nevermind then, I was confusing it with new Dash. Four dice all the time is still really strong.

Dash only has 4 dice at Range 2-3 still. At Range 0-1 he rolls 3 dice.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

Dash only has 4 dice at Range 2-3 still. At Range 0-1 he rolls 3 dice.

Yeah, I meant the four dice on HLC. Dash is absolutely better than HLC is but he's an entire pilot with the associated cost. HLC is way less of an investment to get all those four dice shots.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Panzeh posted:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't even have a cannon slot any more since HLC outrider is baked in.

Yeah, except better than a HLC because no flipping crits to hits and less of a doughnut hole.

ETA: also no bullseye requirement.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
How viable are tractor beams in first edition? I like the idea of a little space tug that's 80% engines grabbing a tie fighter and flinging it into an asteroid but i have no idea how good it is or will be.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Bistromatic posted:

How viable are tractor beams in first edition? I like the idea of a little space tug that's 80% engines grabbing a tie fighter and flinging it into an asteroid but i have no idea how good it is or will be.

Tractor Beam, the card, is basically only useful on the TIE/D, and then, not very.

Tractor Tokens are superb. But the best way to apply them is the Shadow Caster title.

The Quadjumper is a super high variance ship. If it dies in two rounds, which it is wont to do, it is basically useless.

If it lives long enough to start wrecking enemy formations, it can be the catalyst of victory, trivially.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tractor tokens are an immensely powerful effect that are difficult to apply effectively.

The World’s winning list of brobots with ion and tractor effects is probably the best use.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Oh man, they killed the JumpMaster's white SLoop. Excellent.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Unless HLC is way, way cheaper, it sure looks dead as a doornail.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

Some Numbers posted:

Oh man, they killed the JumpMaster's white SLoop. Excellent.

They killed Ryan’s green (blue) K too.

Sad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Corbeau posted:

Unless HLC is way, way cheaper, it sure looks dead as a doornail.

With so much extra repositioning, it may still be useful, but 4 dice is a lot.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
With the rebalance around 2 red dice being able to damage most stuff 4 reds is going to be crazy dangerous to get shot at by.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I hope there's still an Outrider title that does something even if the old was is baked in to all 2400s.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

I hope there's still an Outrider title that does something even if the old was is baked in to all 2400s.

"Outrider. Title. YT-2400 only. When you are destroyed, if you are not in the arc of a friendly ship, you are not considered destroyed. Remove this ship from the field."

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Outrider: your ship can fire missiles in the rotating arc.

SOTE you could fire missiles with the turret

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Outrider: Make up a story of how you have won the game you are currently playing. If self-aggrandising enough, get declared the winner.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Outrider: be the smuggest fucker in the room

soulfulspinster
Aug 2, 2012

Outrider: Become alpha and omega, the being and oblivion. Peer into the author’s soul and drink deep the poetry.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Smegmalicious posted:

They killed Ryan’s green (blue) K too.

Sad.

She doesn't need it any more, since PTL is gonzo.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Has anyone in the US or EU heard anything about store championships for this year? They should be happening by now. I am 99% sure that pre-orders already happened for US shops.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Nope not a thing from any store.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Supposed to be starting in June to the best of my knowledge bu ti have my doubts.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
My local store has kit tournaments on every two weeks until September, but June is devoid of X-wing events. I suspect they're holding calander space for it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Any idea how tournament organizers are going make sure people aren't cheating on their lists if everything is on an app? Do people just show each other their lists before each game or will there be a TO mode on the app where people end their lists or something?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Elephant Ambush posted:

Any idea how tournament organizers are going make sure people aren't cheating on their lists if everything is on an app? Do people just show each other their lists before each game or will there be a TO mode on the app where people end their lists or something?

Printout or screenshots I assume is the easiest way

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
I'm gonna assume the latter. Since you'll be creating an account to keep track of your collection and squads, TOs should be able to host an event in the app that you can "Join" and submit your squad. They'd just ask your user ID and double check the cards or printout you have on hand match what you submitted. If someone doesn't have an account or phone with the app and just a printout, I'm guessing the TO can manually add you and I guess scan or enter a code from the printout? Or enter the squad manually as well?

That's just my guess.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

With warmachine tournaments write/print your lists on a sheet. The app can also set up games where players can see both lists and see damage and stuff.

I'd assume xwing tournaments would probably be similar.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

They've mentioned that TOs can set up custom event rules, so I can only assume that means there's some sort of list validation via the app.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I can't imagine any TO has ever validated lists by adding up the numbers and checking the upgrade icons on cards.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hopefully, FFG will also include a TO section in the app, so players can submit their lists to a TO created event.

I'm not going to hold my breath though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wonder how long it's going to be before we get any rules for First Order or Resistance.

Because unless some place holder ones show up close to or around the 2.0 launch there gonna be alot of Poe's sitting on a shelves for a while next to Rey Falcons, Batwings and a bunch of TIEFO's, special forces or otherwise.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I haven't been this loving hyped to run X-Wings with Marksmanship and Proton Torpedoes since I opened my first core set goddamn.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Just have it so when you print your squad sheet a QR code is printed with it so as a player I can just scan your list and see it's legit in like 5 seconds. And I can keep track of your upgrades during the game without having to ask "what's on that ship again?"

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I’m hoping the app has full-on tournament management.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

AndyElusive posted:

Wonder how long it's going to be before we get any rules for First Order or Resistance.

Part of 2.0 Wave 2, whenever that is.

Wave 1 is Sept. I expect we'll get a small resistance/FO wave almost immediately (oct) and a 1-ship-of-each wave by christmas. Gotta suck up all those holiday dollars!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
This app could be the greatest thing to happen to tabletop gaming.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

always be closing posted:

This app could be the greatest thing to happen to tabletop gaming.

I have high hopes. I mean, it’s not even a novel concept so it shouldn’t be too hard for them to implement and players to grasp. Don’t gently caress this up!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

there has never been a good app in the history of tabletop gaming

so FFG barely has to do anything to make it the best app ever

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Dice app plus yasb plus cryodex, with some sexing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

OniPanda posted:

I have high hopes. I mean, it’s not even a novel concept so it shouldn’t be too hard for them to implement and players to grasp. Don’t gently caress this up!

Same I'm just hoping against hope. Tbh I'm a little surprised they didn't go full digital, but I guess they're still gonna use upgrade cards to force purchases?

A lot of the suggestions on the past page about sharing lists and tournament organization are awesome. I'm not up on tablets but who, that's into this game wouldn't spend $50-100 on something to replace the bullshit of the cards. Maintaining your gamestate on the table and together on a synced app.