Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

The Colonel posted:

yes someone did mention aria the manga made by the author of the manga that was being discussed that has similarities to the manga that was being discussed

and YKK is a manga that's similar to that manga I'm glad we've figured this whole thing out

dogsicle posted:

i watched 3 eps and they were very cat-starved. the ED is excellent though

but yeah i think i missed where the cat actually showed up in the show proper, before the commercial cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
that was nice, i can see why people are so into it. doesn't make me wanna watch another ep immediately but i don't want to not watch another ep ever which is rare. I like the watercolors in the ed.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This week on Cutie Honey, Natsuki continues to be a dead girl walking.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
how's cutie honey i saw a lot of people being down on it but i liked the screencap of the villain dog showed me a lot

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i started watching the uhhhhh, kakuriyo show but it's boring. not giving the oni red or blue skin is cowardice.

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
i watched the first episode of that but i was never compelled to watch any more

i feel like i've seen it before.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I couldn't get into kamisama kiss but I really liked the idea of it, was hoping for similar. The handling of the being a child who sees supernatural poo poo was extremely rote.

4 minutes and 35 seconds in cutie honey is the most woke anime of the season

e; 5 seconds later, it is not

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

how's cutie honey i saw a lot of people being down on it but i liked the screencap of the villain dog showed me a lot

it had been really slow and mostly boring for a while, but just picked up around ep 6. this week's was also really promising, so it might finally be worth jumping into.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
ep 1 seems like it's going for the og manga creepiness that was noticeably absent from Re: but with none of the flavor of a go nagai manga. It's impossible for me to judge this objectively because I can't help but compare it to Re but like, no anime from this season or really most seasons would look good in comparison.

Anyway Inspector Genet ftw

e; why is Genet inside the building with her, then outside when she's transforming. I'm starting a youtube channel to complain about this

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 20, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Well that was definitely an episode of a cutie honey anime. Doesn't seem bad.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

StandardVC10 posted:

Also I didn't think I could like Katori-sensei any more but it turns out she's also a ghost hunter

Oh god I need to catch up on Amanchu :3:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

dogsicle posted:

so Mitsuo Iso is doing a new original anime with designs by Kenichi Yoshida?

https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/998262118259421184

what the christ

is this character's name "Nick Yolo" lmao

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

DisDisDis posted:

i always find these number of handsome men and a protagonist shows incredibly boring for some reason

Just so you know, after episode one the focus is pretty much entirely on the cafe guys. It's not an 'and a protagonist' show, that's just how they introduce the cafe

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

congratulations on finding a tweet specifically designed to murder me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh yurikuma and franxx are basically the same show in that they're both shows made by 50 year old men who think they know way more about gender and sexuality than they actually do but have great character design as a saving grace

the only real difference is franxx wants to gently caress kids less

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Knorth posted:

Just so you know, after episode one the focus is pretty much entirely on the cafe guys. It's not an 'and a protagonist' show, that's just how they introduce the cafe

oh, does she stick around at all? honestly thought she was good by the end.

Endorph posted:

congratulations on finding a tweet specifically designed to murder me

I did, in fact, have this exact thought reading it lol.

Also I'm at this point contractually obligated to tell people to read the Yurikuma manga, which isn't imo Morishima's strongest work but is way outside her usual wheelhouse in some ways and an interesting story about generational trauma in a family.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah the yurikuma manga is alright, idk why ikuhara didnt just animate that instead of hiring one of the most talented and famous yuri manga authors to draw some pantyshots and then sit on her hands while he jacked off to his david lynch DVDs for 12 episodes

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Not really so far. You see her in the cafe once or twice along with the rest of the regular customers they introduce but they haven't dipped back into the stories, it's still only halfway through though so who knows

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
that reminds me though I've been meaning to watch suspiria for a while and I actually have free time now

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

DisDisDis posted:

that reminds me though I've been meaning to watch suspiria for a while and I actually have free time now

:yeah:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

yeah the yurikuma manga is alright, idk why ikuhara didnt just animate that instead of hiring one of the most talented and famous yuri manga authors to draw some pantyshots and then sit on her hands while he jacked off to his david lynch DVDs for 12 episodes

I can grudgingly respect getting so turned on by Mulholland Drive you manage to make an entire show about it, that someone pays for

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Julias posted:

Seriously, can you please stop spamming off topic poo poo here and take it to the chat thread? Thank you.

I told you to leave him alone

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

DisDisDis posted:

I can grudgingly respect getting so turned on by Mulholland Drive you manage to make an entire show about it, that someone pays for

drat, should i actually finish yurikuma

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I don't know if it's anything like Mulholland Drive I just know that's the Lynch movie with lesbian sex scenes, because I watched it. Pretty good movie imo, consider watching if you like vaguely uncomfortable and tense non narrative movies, or lesbian sex scenes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I told you to leave him alone

why is the guy who posts random off-topic tweets and a diagram of where a guy would have babies if he was pregnant the one getting mod protected while the guy who goes 'hey, can you knock that off' getting owned by god

like i post weird poo poo and off topic poo poo too so i dont even care but its a weird place to decide to take a side, op

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
One push of the button
And a shot the world wide
And you never ask questions
When mod's on your side

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://my.mixtape.moe/rkdyul.webm

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

dogsicle posted:

so Mitsuo Iso is doing a new original anime with designs by Kenichi Yoshida?

https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/998262118259421184

what the christ

Translate is saying "cyber coil" creator.

Is that Dennou Coil being mistranslated? Because color me interested then

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yep, mitsuo iso made denno coil

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

iospace posted:

Translate is saying "cyber coil" creator.

Is that Dennou Coil being mistranslated? Because color me interested then

It's Dennou Coil, yeah

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I am now interested!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

is this the season's successor to Ramens?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

is this the season's successor to Ramens?

the two leads have a good dynamic and i like the goofy interludes of like, the various ways Gayus tries to spice up his sex life with his gf, but the production value is pretty low. i also wasn't a huge fan of the first arc but this second one seems more promising.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
ah, so it's not gay

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

ah, so it's not gay

not at all, though the premise is ripe for people to write hatefuck doujis between the two leads.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Maybe I'll watch uhhhh, Garo, and the last couple Ramen's eps I've been putting off because I don't ever want it to end

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

ok this is definitely going onto my "check this out" list

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Ramens is very good and i pray to god that it was popular enough to get another season

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Same op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RottenK posted:

ok this is definitely going onto my "check this out" list

counter to Gayus' sex interludes where he has his gf dress like a cop are Gigina interludes where he does poo poo like complement a bar owner on how sexy his chairs are.

e: it is a profoundly weird show to me because like, it's a magic world where the magic was created by advanced technology but then the in-world technology ranges from hologram displays/magic to film cameras and regular old cars. their currency is still yen despite not being in Japan, chess exists but is called chells, and one of the units of measure is merters.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 21, 2018

• Locked thread