Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtUGPWe8mwA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Gotta go fast

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

All my interactions with those types of chargers have had cables like that.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

I'M FREEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szBiPDIokDE

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

:stare:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

I wouldn't worry about it as a shock hazard since they are commonly used for charging fork lifts and such, but if the isolation looks like that, I'm worried about the crimp on the contracts. Nothing like pulling the cable right out (and causing a short).

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

later shitlords

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

So I was at a kids' party at a neighbor's house and her son in law from NY was there showing the kids how to use an electric model train kit- only thing is he was whipping through the corners, almost derailing it at every turn. I was about to comment about it but decided not to because this guy really seemed to be having fun with it. Later I found out that he was the conductor from the 2013 Spuyten Duyvil derailment.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

That's me at go home time.

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.

Jerry Cotton posted:

MM is megamegas, not megametres :smugmrgw:

Once again someone needs to be corrected on the fact that MM stands for MegaMilks. i.e. 10 MegaMilk images.
Welp

Edit: that gif is creepier than I though it would be.
Double edit. Turns out I have no clue how to hide nsfw links.

ashnjack fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 21, 2018

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
That's not how you link nsfw stuff, creep

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I need some more gifs like that. Give em up my man.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
That is like “girl singing with egg beater running” turned up to 11

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

can anyone explain what the hell i am seeing?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shrieking Muppet posted:

Yes, but it'll be funnier if you try to explain it

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Shrieking Muppet posted:

The preservation of momentum in action.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Shrieking Muppet posted:

Belt driven equipment. The belts tend to stretch and get thrown if you don't replace preemptively. It perfectly threw it such that it cleared the equipment and hit the ground with all its inertia still spinning it at which point it rolls away like a wheel because of centrifugal magic.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shrieking Muppet posted:

rotating belt falls off machine while still spinning and the energy's gotta go fast

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

That's fake as hell

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Also centripetal force makes the belt maintain its shape instead of just falling flat on the floor in a pile.

spankmeister posted:

That's fake as hell
I don't see any reason to think so, show your work :colbert:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Centripetal force would have something to say about that belt keeping the shape of multiple pulleys instead of being a flattened circle.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Also explains why it disappears.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
It starts to flatten as it speeds off into the distance.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

This is one one of the worst failures to NSFW something I've seen in 15 years. You might as well have just posted the image normally where it at least then it wouldn't seem nearly as pathetic as your excuse to post it.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

WTF do you have to do to steel to make it that brittle

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

aphid_licker posted:

Carbon impurities or crystalline structure based on how it was formed. Steel and cast iron are 95% iron but it's the 5% that matters.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

aphid_licker posted:

Whoooole lotta carbon (and not heat treating it properly)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

now consider that essentially every skyscraper in dubai is built roughly to that standard of excellence

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A co-worker of mine almost did something this once. We have a key cutter which has a piece of steel wool you use to buff a key when you’re finished cutting a copy and it rotates at a pretty high speed. Driver with long hair hadn’t used it at all before and had his hair within a few centimetres of the wool when I came in and advised him to back up a bit.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

You'll want to watch where you grab that, I suppose.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

now consider that essentially every skyscraper in dubai is built roughly to that standard of excellence

Does Dubai source much steel from Iran? I figured they'd buy it from China - maybe less bad than that (but still bad)?

spog posted:

Centripetal force would have something to say about that belt keeping the shape of multiple pulleys instead of being a flattened circle.

It doesn't maintain the shape it was in on the machine, it deforms into a new shape (flattening in the front) as it speeds off, continuing to collapse further as it goes.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 21, 2018

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Warbadger posted:

It doesn't maintain the shape it was in on the machine, it deforms into a new shape (flattening in the front) as it speeds off, continuing to collapse further as it goes.

Do you seriously think a moving belt will even approximately maintain the shape of the pulleys it was running through after the pulleys are no longer there to put force on it?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its a fake jesus it vanishes in the last few frames cmon

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What if there was a tiny airplane on the belt?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Jeez, that almost pulled his wig off.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Jabor posted:

Do you seriously think a moving belt will even approximately maintain the shape of the pulleys it was running through after the pulleys are no longer there to put force on it?

As I said, it doesn't maintain the shape of the pulleys.

It does seem to vanish in the last few frames, though, so probably still fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceAaron
Oct 19, 2003

Devote your hearts to the cause~

Jabor posted:

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSqFNjaQ22Y