Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I got it working eventually. I needed to update my graphics drivers to the latest stable release--the experimental release (which is not clearly marked on AMD's website) caused a bunch of other problems for me (though it did fix the bug)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Man these boss battles are kind of tedious. They aren't really a thread, they just have stupid amounts of HP + Guard.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I was ready for Nep vs Seha to be as good as a mainline Nep but I wasn't ready for it to be significantly better

This game rules

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nep v SeHa falters in a lot of ways and certainly isn't as good as RB1 or VII, but it's an enormous leap up from RB3.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Nep vs. Sega is a fun time but one thing I did find kind of off-putting is a lot of the character interactions just seemed straight up hostile. I guess it fits the setting but the sega hard girls in particular are generally pretty cheerful and easygoing so it would've been nice to see more of that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Am I understanding the guides right that the condition for true ending is completing every mission? Is this possible in one loop if I just always select the lowest-numbered mission, or will it require multiple loops?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
You will 1000% require multiple loops.

I will actually give you a tip here that is a slight spoiler but will help immensely if you want it: Deliberately make ONE quest fail early rather than trying to do as many at once as you can. If you do the latter, it will result in 3-5 crashing at once your first failure, and every one that goes over powers up the end boss.

After the first loop, you can just reset at any time, and this won't be a problem unless you're stubborn.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

END ME SCOOB posted:

You will 1000% require multiple loops.

I will actually give you a tip here that is a slight spoiler but will help immensely if you want it: Deliberately make ONE quest fail early rather than trying to do as many at once as you can. If you do the latter, it will result in 3-5 crashing at once your first failure, and every one that goes over powers up the end boss.

After the first loop, you can just reset at any time, and this won't be a problem unless you're stubborn.

I'm on the first "open" loop, where the main game mechanic is unlocked, so I guess this doesn't apply anymore?

I'll stop worrying about trying to do all of them though and just do what I can when I can.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Yeah. In that case, do whatever, and realize that only one thing is missable if you want a full 100% run (don't loving do this) - you can get screwed out of coin/chest collection by the giant arcade growing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

END ME SCOOB posted:

Yeah. In that case, do whatever, and realize that only one thing is missable if you want a full 100% run (don't loving do this) - you can get screwed out of coin/chest collection by the giant arcade growing.

Yeah, this is extremely important.

To 100% it, you have to clear Joypolis in every form. It starts as one floor and counts as a single dungeon. When it grows, the two-floor version will overwrite the one-floor version, locking the previous Joypolis and requiring a NG+ if you missed it. This happens again when you grow it to three floors.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Does it have a baseball int he one-floor version? I wasn't able to find one.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
It does. From memory it's on top of the tower in the corner (to your right when you come in) you have to climb via fence-ladder.

You also need to remember that every time you unlock one you have to do it 3/2/1 times. 3 for the 1-floor since it's in three time periods, 2 for the 2 floor for that reason, and 1 for the final upgrade in the last era.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I'm in the last part of VII, and I have a lot of characters.

Do I need to level up everyone equally, or focus on a few? I'm assuming I'll have to use everyone at some point. Are there any characters in particular that are overpowered? What level should I get to if I need to grind?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Keep the Goddesses and CPU Candidates leveled up plus Big Neptune. If you're going for the true ending the Planeptune goddesses and big Nep will be the only characters available at points.

If you have any DLC characters they're probably over leveled by now.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Vtuber Ile Heart will have a free item bonus pack for Rebirth 1. Looks like 3 healing grass and 3 sp chargers.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

The Vtuber Ile Heart will have a free item bonus pack for Rebirth 1. Looks like 3 healing grass and 3 sp chargers.

what does this mean

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Three healing grasses???

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So CH and IF are just Tsundere for Ile Heart?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
More like the whole thing is an elaborate joke on the virtual youtuber concept. Stuff like desperately looking herself up on Akinator, being told she's basically a rejected Tsunako design that was supposed to be thrown in the garbage, the timing of the eye-catches, and just the overall tone seems to suggest that at least.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I mean, making fun of video games/vg culture and stuff is basically what Neptunia is all about, so I'm not surprised it's all a joke.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PureRok posted:

I mean, making fun of video games/vg culture and stuff is basically what Neptunia is all about, so I'm not surprised it's all a joke.

Aren't idol mobile games just the silliest thing!?

*puts Nep in Azur Lane*

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's both parody and celebration of the things. Neptunia is a very positive series, even about the things that it is critical of.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/999829829951275008?s=19

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
In what world is a 6" doll a keychain?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Kanos posted:

In what world is a 6" doll a keychain?

The one where you can attach your keys to it.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
pretty sure i hadn’t bought the umio dlc before i played this game for like four hours last night drunk as hell

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

WatermelonGun posted:

pretty sure i hadn’t bought the umio dlc before i played this game for like four hours last night drunk as hell

Umio is good. You did good.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Nep.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Nepgear and Vert and Umio are jumping around and it’s good. Who’s Tari or whoever’s soul that the witch used to resurrect the boob mech?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

WatermelonGun posted:

Nepgear and Vert and Umio are jumping around and it’s good. Who’s Tari or whoever’s soul that the witch used to resurrect the boob mech?

Rei Ryghts. She appears in Neptunia Victory (with this game being Victory II)

TL/DR

Big Neptune's home dimension works where Goddesses are young women who found a "CPU Chip" and in her dimension Plutia found it instead (that's who Plu-something was) and Big Neptune just grew up a normal girl who liked to hunt for bugs. Rei's version of Histy was Croire but Big Neptune caught her and has been using her power since.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 26, 2018

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

More like Rei WRONGS

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The only thing Rei did wrong was release that alien movie tie-in game that only destroyed all of gamindustri

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I legit want playable Rei Ryghts, but no one else does.

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"
Rei is mainly just a waste of potential. They could have done a lot more with her as the "First CPU", like instead of just trying to destroy everything she wants to take back Gamindustri from the other "usurper" CPUs. Also, she could have had a CPU Candidate little sister (the Atari Lynx), with a whole rivalry thing with Nepgear. This would work really well, considering the Game Gear and the Lynx were actively competing with each other.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
She's only there for like 20 minutes but I think that was her motivation in the show. Something like "Hey all your stuff technically belongs to me so give it back or I blow you up". I think she also made a Mexican landfill joke.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Lord Justice posted:

Rei is mainly just a waste of potential. They could have done a lot more with her as the "First CPU", like instead of just trying to destroy everything she wants to take back Gamindustri from the other "usurper" CPUs. Also, she could have had a CPU Candidate little sister (the Atari Lynx), with a whole rivalry thing with Nepgear. This would work really well, considering the Game Gear and the Lynx were actively competing with each other.

There's no reason why they can't still do this, to be honest.

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"

HGH posted:

She's only there for like 20 minutes but I think that was her motivation in the show. Something like "Hey all your stuff technically belongs to me so give it back or I blow you up". I think she also made a Mexican landfill joke.

If I remember correctly it was essentially that she does own everything, and has decided to destroy it because she can. In Victory/RB3 at least, her motivation stems from her people turning against her and Tari being destroyed.

The real issue I feel is that Rei should be different from the other villains, and CH took the lazy route. Every villain in Neptunia has the same motivation, which is "destroy Gamindustri", and not much besides that.

As another example of Rei's wasted potential, it would have been interesting to see her wanting to "reform" Gamindustri. I.E., making a reference to many of the modern problems of the games industry (in this case, the thing that makes the most sense is stuff like DLC, microtransations, lootboxes, and the like), and wanting to do away with that and return to what the games industry was like in the 80s.

Kanos posted:

There's no reason why they can't still do this, to be honest.

Possibly, but the way Victory/RB3 kind of got memory holed by VII (Never calling it the Ultradimension by name, none of the new characters in Victory/RB3 making any sort of appearance beyond that treasure hunting thing, and so on) makes me think we've seen the last of Rei.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Dehry posted:

Rei Ryghts. She appears in Neptunia Victory (with this game being Victory II)

TL/DR

Big Neptune's home dimension works where Goddesses are young women who found a "CPU Chip" and in her dimension Plutia found it instead (that's who Plu-something was) and Big Neptune just grew up a normal girl who liked to hunt for bugs. Rei's version of Histy was Croire but Big Neptune caught her and has been using her power since.

Gooooootcha.

Also Adult Neptune keeps kicking my poo poo in for plot reasons and this is the most I’ve died in this game

WatermelonGun fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I love Adult Nep and I hope she comes back, even if it's just as a DLC character.