Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

awesome post. great size. looks thick. solid. tight. keep us all posted on your continued posting with any new words or punctuation. show us what you got man. wanna see how freakn' huge, solid, thick and tight your posts can get. thanks for the motivation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

your welcome

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

awesome post. great size. looks thick. solid. tight. keep us all posted on your continued posting with any new words or punctuation. show us what you got man. wanna see how freakn' huge, solid, thick and tight your posts can get. thanks for the motivation!

It was the right reply to a starving children in africa post lol

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think it would be fine if they had a second round of crowdfunding.

Edit: Barkfly

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 21, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

WarpDogs posted:

apparently someone sleuthed out that cboyardee is over on RPG Codex (lol) looking for work on other projects (lmao) and some have begun to harass him over it (w0w)

starting to think Barley 2 might be in trouble guys

He's been posting on the codex for years and has been transparent about how little work he's doing on Barkley the whole time, this isn't news

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

He's been posting on the codex for years and has been transparent about how little work he's doing on Barkley the whole time, this isn't news

its news actually

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I'd hire Frankie to make sprites for my non-existent game.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
btw, I feel for you guys. I started grad school around when Barkley 2 started and I am just now officially graduating despite doing most of the work ages ago.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
making music for a game can't possibly take as much time as drawing thousands of guns's

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

wheres the part where he's transparent about how little work he's doing on barkley the whole time

show me

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cheen posted:

wheres the part where he's transparent about how little work he's doing on barkley the whole time
What is CBoyardee supposed to be doing? The game isn't going to be held up because of him.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Khorne posted:

What is CBoyardee supposed to be doing? The game isn't going to be held up because of him.

He has the bad luck to be one of the more recognizeable people who worked on it so people will assume he knows what's going on and what the hold up is.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ham Sandwiches posted:

that's fair enough i guess. it is possible to simultaneously care about starving africans and defend the embezzlement of 120000 dollars by meme artists in a garage drawing the same gun six thousand times

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

what's the drat hold up

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Video games are hard to make especially with small teams, they let the game development get extremely out of hand and are making it way bigger than they had budget for, and they're doing it very inefficiently since the later versions of game maker are significantly faster and easier to use but they also can't update to it without having to rewrite like 70% of the game's code + their art resources are pretty much all being made by hand by like two people, mainly one person.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

drat you i saw all these new posts and thought maybe there was actual news

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Uncle Wemus posted:

drat you i saw all these new posts and thought maybe there was actual news
Actual News: At least one B2 developer is actually a human being.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I would like to know what these other terrible games are so I can buy them and poo poo post about them in this thread

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Whether or not the game is coming out, everyone must continue to keep this thread bumped. If there is a global nuclear war I expect the final malformed mutant baby on Earth to eat the world's final can of military rations, bump this thread and expire.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

:gas:

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

i've accepted that the 12 dollars or whatever that i spent on this game 6+ years ago has like a 10% chance of panning out and i'm not mad. i think the bark devs are doing what they can to try to get the game finished and sometimes things don't work out. but god drat i wish they would just put out any sort of communication. love everyone in this thread god bless

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

that's fair enough i guess. it is possible to simultaneously care about starving africans and defend the embezzlement of 120000 dollars by meme artists in a garage drawing the same gun six thousand times

no one embezzled 120,000 dollars you dumb idiot

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
shut up and jam gaiden you fuckers

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cheen posted:

i've accepted that the 12 dollars or whatever that i spent on this game 6+ years ago has like a 10% chance of panning out and i'm not mad. i think the bark devs are doing what they can to try to get the game finished and sometimes things don't work out. but god drat i wish they would just put out any sort of communication. love everyone in this thread god bless

:same:

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
This whole game/thread is like a super low-powered version of Star Citizen now which means that one of us needs to be a low-powered Derek Smart and blog about bringing Cboy to justice - small claims court for the $50 backer tier.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Super Rad posted:

This whole game/thread is like a super low-powered version of Star Citizen now which means that one of us needs to be a low-powered Derek Smart and blog about bringing Cboy to justice - small claims court for the $50 backer tier.

Bongo Bill posted:

I think it would be fine if they had a second round of crowdfunding.

Edit: Barkfly
I would pay $10 today for a high quality jpeg of a gun'

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Fayez Butts posted:

no one embezzled 120,000 dollars you dumb idiot

settle down slappy. they invested it in bitcoin and that's just fact

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

If only...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Let the music man make his music.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

settle down slappy. they invested it in bitcoin and that's just fact

If they actually did that we’d have a game by now

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Super Rad posted:

$50 tier was actually pretty sweet because you got access to the TOG vidcon pack.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Cheen posted:

:same: Even the Two Guys’ SpaceVenture Kickstarter is still getting semi regular updates.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Ham Sandwiches posted:

lol no i meant you could buy like 2400 cinema hotdogs

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

you could get 400 laser rear end in a top hat bleachings

literally anything would be a better investment than not making a videogame

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

12000 forums accounts to defend your imaginary game with

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Important question: do any of the devs have known wives/gfs that we can stalk/harass on social media? Gotta get this thread moved into SCAM one way or the other and surely some hussy is to blame for siphoning away that massive kickstarter fund.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Super Rad posted:

Important question: do any of the devs have known wives/gfs that we can stalk/harass on social media? Gotta get this thread moved into SCAM one way or the other and surely some hussy is to blame for siphoning away that massive kickstarter fund.
ToG bought a house in arizona. None of them live in arizona though so it's not getting much use.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Hungry Computer posted:

:same: Even the Two Guys’ SpaceVenture Kickstarter is still getting semi regular updates.
they had those really cool blog updates and then they just went back to radio silence

I know Frankie is still streaming his sprite work but like, the last evidence of the game working that I saw was the livestream of them reading the spooky in-game fan fiction like two years ago

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

All this could be prevented with just a monthly update. Like, most people would have probably been ok if the got something like the gun thing talking about stuff in the game ever so often. Not only is there 0 information they didn’t even finish all of those updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
remember when they posted a huge apology and promised thered be more communication then just loving disappeared again lmao