Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Misuzu's AV has both Carol and Tomo in it :3:
I think she did that for intimidation purposes. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Misuzu's AV has both Carol and Tomo in it :3:

Ohhhhh. I thought it was Misuzu with an evil aura behind her. Like in the other update.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Not even mizusu can photograph her own aura

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Misuzu' LINE icon being her, tomo, and carol is really cute.

Also TL Note: She calls him a “large udo tree” (Udo no taiboku), which is a japanese idiom for a large, useless, “good for nothing” person.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Very good translation then

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Oh.

It took you long enough to realize that Misuzu.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't know how misuzu is going to date both of them at the same time while keeping them apart from each other

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

havenwaters posted:

Oh.

It took you long enough to realize that Misuzu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou-xCHFdG0c

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Time to begin Misuzu's greatest self-own, attempting to sabotage Tomo/Jun and in doing so get them together.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I like how despite all her brooding and annoyance at Carol she doesn't hesitate at all to confide in her.

The power of :carol: can't be overstated.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's not bad at all

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Time to begin Misuzu's greatest self-own, attempting to sabotage Tomo/Jun and in doing so get them together.

The better own was Misuzu actively trying to help Tomo and Jun get together without realising how much she is against the whole thing.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Makes sense. Misuzu has known Jun for as long as he's known Tomo. Plus, he's come to her rescue at least once if not more than that. Jun also thinks of Misuzu as a girl. Tomo, only partially, it seems. I don't think that Tomo punching Jun as punishments helps her case either. Her physically accosting Jun or competing with him just makes her manliness stand out even more.

Tomo is going to end up alone, inheriting the dojo from her father. Meanwhile, Jun and Misuzu will have a boy who will take over the dojo when Tomo retires. It'll all work out perfectly. Jun will marry a real girl and Tomo will still be his best male friend.

Tanabe will keep Misuzu's contact information in his phone for years and years, but he will never actually text her anything. One day, one of his children will pick up this ancient cell phone and ask, "Hey dad, who is this 'vile girl' who called you a 'giant deadwood'?"

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Dan7el posted:

Makes sense. Misuzu has known Jun for as long as he's known Tomo. Plus, he's come to her rescue at least once if not more than that. Jun also thinks of Misuzu as a girl. Tomo, only partially, it seems. I don't think that Tomo punching Jun as punishments helps her case either. Her physically accosting Jun or competing with him just makes her manliness stand out even more.

Tomo is going to end up alone, inheriting the dojo from her father. Meanwhile, Jun and Misuzu will have a boy who will take over the dojo when Tomo retires. It'll all work out perfectly. Jun will marry a real girl and Tomo will still be his best male friend.

Tanabe will keep Misuzu's contact information in his phone for years and years, but he will never actually text her anything. One day, one of his children will pick up this ancient cell phone and ask, "Hey dad, who is this 'vile girl' who called you a 'giant deadwood'?"

are you trying to tell jokes somehow or is all this an actual post you made

source your quotes

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I think Misuzu is just tired of being the only one to put any effort into the relationship, and she's not even part of it. Like, Tomo's never really tried outside of Misuzu's schemes, so maybe she's just deciding to not help anymore.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Misuzu outed as the artist's self insert

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tomo is going to end up w the gyarus

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Misuzu doesn't want her two oldest friends to hook up (despite how much she claims to hate Jun), since that would leave her as the awkward third wheel.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
misuzu tries the old sitcom staple of going on a date with both tomo and jun at the same time while trying to keep them from finding out. except, the first time she tries to switch between them running 10 yards leaves her on the floor, gasping for breath for several hours.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

misuzu tries the old sitcom staple of going on a date with both tomo and jun at the same time while trying to keep them from finding out. except, the first time she tries to switch between them running 10 yards leaves her on the floor, gasping for breath for several hours.

Also they both want to go on extremely physically demanding dates

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Jun and Tomo have a very boring relationship and the latter should just be gay

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rodyle posted:

Jun and Tomo have a very boring relationship and the latter should just be gay

PerrineClostermann posted:

One day Heterosexuality will be cured

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Yessssssss

I'm not gonna lie I bookmarked that post so I can also quote it.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Misuzu will date Tanabe so that Jun will ask her out in an attempt to save Tanabe from a relationship with Misuzu. This will have the inadvertent effect of causing Tomo to finally step up and get Jun to acknowledge her feelings. He will reciprocate, leaving Misuzu both with no boyfriend and also totally owned.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Sorry Carol, not even now.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I'm not sure I understand her reasoning

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Her reasoning is sound, that they're too dumb to ever actually get together so she might as well just give up, I'm not sure what that has to do with her not wanting them to though...

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I mean it's basically the same logic as before, Misuzu wasn't really interested in truly trying to get them together as much as she was playing along so she could be closer to Tomo by giving themselves a common goal (become more feminine) to work towards. Them actually getting together puts an end to this in her mind.

In other words she knows this "make Tomo a girl" business isn't going to change anything as far as Tomo and Jun's relationship goes, so she's doing all this purely out of self-interest.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I guess it never occurred to me that tomo being feminine would have any bearing on misuzu's interest in her.

Than again all that heteronormative poo poo seemed like con to me so my 2 cents etc

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like the translation's off. Particularly "the gap between her and that boy will get larger", which is like, what?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

She's saying that just because Tomo acts more like a girl now doesn't mean the relationship has a chance, and it may make things more awkward between the two thus widening the gap.

In trying to help Tomo be more feminine she's not actually helping the relationship, but it gives them an excuse to hang out and do things that she's interested in which is why she feels she's doing it for selfish reasons. She also doesn't want them to go out because it'll change the dynamic of their friendship, and probably also still has some attraction to jun despite being aware that they are kinda incompatible.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Also gently caress off Carol you will never get a hug

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Namtab posted:

You are just jealous you didn't get to hug Misuzu.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Making Tomo be something she's not isn't helping and if Tomo and Jun actually got together then she'd be the third wheel. The obvious answer is to ignore Jun and let him live his blockhead life.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Namtab posted:

She will and there's nothing you can do about it.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Namtab posted:

:carol:wrooooong:carol:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Namtab posted:

She will instead have her cheeks pinched.