Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
makes sense, film cameras are the best kind of camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

DisDisDis posted:

tfw i'll never find out if franxx hates the gays and women because it was too boring to continue watching by episode 4 or 5

seriously dude, can you cut this out? You've posted more about FranXX than almost anyone in the subforum, and it's always this same poo poo over and over. It's extremely tiring.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dis' shtick is to talk about how much something bores him

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can I talk about how much he bores me?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

:same:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Eela6 posted:

You've posted more about FranXX than almost anyone in the subforum,

this isn't true

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

let's hear it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

let's hear it

You're the thrift store version of Dick Spacious.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Legitimately did not expect that one lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like you cause you have some good taste in comics but it is time to chill.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I posted a couple twitter links in response to dav saying don't read twitter and I posted the uniqlo versaille collab which theoretically should go in chat except that a minority of posters read that thread whereas most of the people in the subforum post in the season threads so it makes the most sense to me to post stuff like popular clothing brand x popular old anime collabs in the season thread. we're now on the third page of people who hate offtopic posting derailing about my posting based on like four posts. I will never chill.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

:pusheen:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Sharkopath posted:

:iceburn: holy poo poo savage lmao

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

I posted a couple twitter links in response to dav saying don't read twitter and I posted the uniqlo versaille collab which theoretically should go in chat except that a minority of posters read that thread whereas most of the people in the subforum post in the season threads so it makes the most sense to me to post stuff like popular clothing brand x popular old anime collabs in the season thread. we're now on the third page of people who hate offtopic posting derailing about my posting based on like four posts. I will never chill.

I didn't read this

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

never read a post, or books

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I will make you chill...

I love 0fftopic posts I am wary of effortless negative drivebys tho...

Also it's good to be honest and discuss posters openly sometimes because it can nip conflict in the bud in an early qnd communicative way that maintains comradery and also doesn't become insanely spiteful hate grudges and offsite drama that you get when people are reinforcing their biases against posters without ever discussing with them.

Even though modship obviously prefers neat and tidy threads sometimes people like to talk and I'm super in favor of people communicating freely with a friendly air and think only bad things happen when people start to cloister themselves and their feelings.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 21, 2018

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

How's anyone supposed to hash it out with dis if he's on probation? It's better if he posts instead of being blocked from posting because he was too annoying or whatever.

Adtrw is for expression and discussion and I'll destroy anyone trying to shut down dis's right to discuss the topics he chooses to discuss.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph posted:

why is the guy who posts random off-topic tweets and a diagram of where a guy would have babies if he was pregnant the one getting mod protected while the guy who goes 'hey, can you knock that off' getting owned by god

like i post weird poo poo and off topic poo poo too so i dont even care but its a weird place to decide to take a side, op

Maybe he's going through a rough patch and you and all the other posters should maybe give it a rest, thanks a bunch everyone.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

I will make you chill...

I love 0fftopic posts I am wary of effortless negative drivebys tho...

Also it's good to be honest and discuss posters openly sometimes because it can nip conflict in the bud in an early qnd communicative way that maintains comradery and also doesn't become insanely spiteful hate grudges and offsite drama that you get when people are reinforcing their biases against posters without ever discussing with them.

Even though modship obviously prefers neat and tidy threads sometimes people like to talk and I'm super in favor of people communicating freely with a friendly air and think only bad things happen when people start to cloister themselves and their feelings.

I generally agree with you on offtopic discussion and posters etc. I immediately complied with Julias' request and then people continued to trickle in for pages making/quoting weak owns and complaining about my posting. Which is totally fine by me but kind of funny when people's initial complaint was off topic posting. Motto was making these weird passive aggressive posts about me in the shoujo thread before I posted in here and I assume he has some separate issue with me. I wish he'd just come out with it instead of doing this though.
I have no problem not calling Franxx bad without any other substance in the future.

I know why Matoi thinks this and it's totally on me but I'm actually doing great rn. Don't want any special consideration on probing me if I break the rules.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I was intending to be joshing, not dunking or anything, but I guess I've been messing up since people have taken me dead seriously on that multiple times now.

e:
and if you mean this here

Motto posted:

never read a post, or books

It's a dumb joke from another subforum

Motto fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 21, 2018

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

DisDisDis posted:

I generally agree with you on offtopic discussion and posters etc. I immediately complied with Julias' request and then people continued to trickle in for pages making/quoting weak owns and complaining about my posting. Which is totally fine by me but kind of funny when people's initial complaint was off topic posting. Motto was making these weird passive aggressive posts about me in the shoujo thread before I posted in here and I assume he has some separate issue with me. I wish he'd just come out with it instead of doing this though.
I have no problem not calling Franxx bad without any other substance in the future.

I know why Matoi thinks this and it's totally on me but I'm actually doing great rn. Don't want any special consideration on probing me if I break the rules.

I will shake the special considerarion etch-a-sketch, clean slate, thanks for making this post dis, I appreciate it, and I think a lot of others appreciate it too.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

DisDisDis posted:

I appreciate the sincere reply. Thanks. And yeah, I had a bit of a stick up my butt. I'm sorry if I made anyone feel unwelcome here; these forums should be an open environment for discussion from a variety of different people, all talking about the different things we love and enjoy.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

DisDisDis posted:

Thanks you. I get frustrated because I feel like whenever I try and engage with you you just blow my posts off. I wish you would do that less and post like this more. This concludes my posting about posting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Maybe he's going through a rough patch and you and all the other posters should maybe give it a rest, thanks a bunch everyone.
so what rules am i allowed to break if im going through a rough patch because ill be sure to time my exhentai links to sync up with my mental breaks

if someone's posting gets to the point that it makes multiple people legitimately uncomfortable then thats bad, imo

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Railroad crossing poet is extremely good :3:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Endorph posted:

so what rules am i allowed to break if im going through a rough patch because ill be sure to time my exhentai links to sync up with my mental breaks

if someone's posting gets to the point that it makes multiple people legitimately uncomfortable then thats bad, imo

The most uncomfortable thing in ADTRW is still fa-GYO's avatar

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

StandardVC10 posted:

The most uncomfortable thing in ADTRW is still fa-GYO's avatar

You don't like mega milk? :pusheen:

Endorph posted:

For the record, I do agree with this, but I think (I hope) Dis has got the idea at this point, and I don't see the need for retroactive punishment.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Motto posted:

I was intending to be joshing, not dunking or anything, but I guess I've been messing up since people have taken me dead seriously on that multiple times now.

e:
and if you mean this here

It's a dumb joke from another subforum

oh uh my b honestly I thought you were talking about me because books are the only thing I regularly finish these days. You're like the 100th person to make the finishing media joke it's no big deal.

Endorph posted:

you can post hentai in games chat now if you use the NWS emote so you have to post a hentai in this thread now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

can i actually post hentai in games or is dis trying to destroy my very soul...

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
It was the person with the cool Ryo Agawa av posting the full image, and this context was probably important, but on the other hand I never got probated for posting barely cropped Jiraiya pages in the SMT thread

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Multiple people are reviewing and liveblogging an anime furry pirate eroge because it might get removed from Steam

chaos reigns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

Multiple people are reviewing and liveblogging an anime furry pirate eroge because it might get removed from Steam

chaos reigns

that game owns because the main character is just blatantly velvet from tales of berseria

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Someone thought "what if Dyle was a girl, and I could gently caress her" and well, they're right

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Are the little video clips in the wiki opening of Lupin V taken from Lupins past?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Are the little video clips in the wiki opening of Lupin V taken from Lupins past?

yeah, they're from past series and movies

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
lmfao

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Laughing Harder

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

wait until you see the amazon reviews for meth

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dogsicle posted:

wait until you see the amazon reviews for meth

The person who went straight to hell, from the meth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
they sell Sudafed on Amazon?

• Locked thread