Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

CaptainJuan posted:

the question was, "is this your handwriting?"

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Serf posted:

one of the reasons why there's this big push for self-driving cars is that the wealthy realize they're gonna need someone to do these jobs after they kill us all

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Only a dozen people at google quit when they found out google had a dod contract for a murder ai efficiently tasking drone resources using ai

Serf
May 5, 2011

current history is a race between automation, revolution and annihilation and boys annihilation is winning

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The ultra rich think they can just buy their way out by moving to wherever and they're probably right. The rest of the "wealthy" haven't realized they're just as screwed as the rest of us.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I used to be normal but then I saw some idiot philosopher getting dunked on, which is oppression, which means he's right or something, also now I'm extremely normal

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
for Jordan Peterson to be character assassinated wouldn't he need to have a character?

makes u think

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
I wish that all jp fans would fast forward to the part where they gently caress off to a compound, or some boat in the pacific, to form a cult around sucking jordey peete's cock.

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

CountFosco posted:

Slatestarcodex literally wrote the anti-reactionary FAQ (http://slatestarcodex.com/2013/10/20/the-anti-reactionary-faq/). But because he associates with some individuals, we have a situation where he is mistaken for a reactionary simply by chains of association. He has "neoreactionary cooties." Part of the reason he does such a good job repudiating the neoreactionaries is because on some level he is sympathetic to the underlying drive beneath the craziness: a simmering revolt against the elevation of quantification over qualia. It's because of this sort of thing that I feel like I no longer recognize the left, if the left is indeed a reflection of what I see on these message boards. "Definitely not clicking." Congratulations on shielding yourself from wrongthink friend!

Is the rationalwiki progressive enough for you folks to consider it safe to read? Because they do a good job of demonstrating that ideologically he's as far from the alt-right as he is from the radical left. Or do you guys consider the rationalwiki an unclean source? Is Slavoj Zizek still considered permissible to be a fan of, given his objections to political correctness? Because both he and SSC share a persistent fascination with GK Chesterton. Is it ok to admire and draw influence from Chesterton? Or is he yet another "a stupid person's idea of a smart person." Is Slavoj Zizek alt-right now, given his penchant for nasty sex jokes? Listen carefully to Zizek in his lectures, and you find a recurrent theme: a falling back on the idea that there is no coherent progressive anti-capitalist societal plan, and that the best which can be managed currently is managed capitalism, capitalism as directed by former Communist polities.

When Trump was elected, I had the sense that, at long last, I would know what it would be like to live under a Roman Emperor. But as the left becomes increasingly cannibalistic, I get the sense that we're entering an age more similar to the French Revolution, where each ascendent further left power gave way to political factions yet more extreme.

As for why I listened to chapotraphouse, it's because I consciously make an effort to get information and perspectives from outside of whatever echo chamber I may be unconsciously building for myself through my media consumption. As someone who has been sympathetic to leftist sensibilities in the past, I was genuinely curious; I left unimpressed.

Peterson has his flaws. There are lots of important points I disagree with him on. But the collective character assassination that he is currently being subjected to makes them easy to overlook in favor of his positive points. As for Nathan Robinson, ugh. There are things that the more bellicose aspect of my personality would like to express but I'll restrain myself because I want to work towards civility across political lines.

This is the most wrong think post thats happened in this lovely thread in awhile.

You should try an understand that the r/cth / goons / rose-twitter types are mostly low information people that have made their political views part of their identity.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You are a loving hoot dude

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Trying to think of a way that political views aren't inherently part of identity

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

You are a loving hoot dude

I post to tilt you into salty poo poo posts, its good every time

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
The Zizek comparison is pretty choice

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

I post to tilt you into salty poo poo posts, its good every time

No you don't, you think you're smart

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You a high-information poster who loves to talk about people being mean to gamers

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

CountFosco posted:

Slatestarcodex literally wrote the anti-reactionary FAQ (http://slatestarcodex.com/2013/10/20/the-anti-reactionary-faq/). But because he associates with some individuals, we have a situation where he is mistaken for a reactionary simply by chains of association. He has "neoreactionary cooties." Part of the reason he does such a good job repudiating the neoreactionaries is because on some level he is sympathetic to the underlying drive beneath the craziness: a simmering revolt against the elevation of quantification over qualia. It's because of this sort of thing that I feel like I no longer recognize the left, if the left is indeed a reflection of what I see on these message boards. "Definitely not clicking." Congratulations on shielding yourself from wrongthink friend!

Is the rationalwiki progressive enough for you folks to consider it safe to read? Because they do a good job of demonstrating that ideologically he's as far from the alt-right as he is from the radical left. Or do you guys consider the rationalwiki an unclean source? Is Slavoj Zizek still considered permissible to be a fan of, given his objections to political correctness? Because both he and SSC share a persistent fascination with GK Chesterton. Is it ok to admire and draw influence from Chesterton? Or is he yet another "a stupid person's idea of a smart person." Is Slavoj Zizek alt-right now, given his penchant for nasty sex jokes? Listen carefully to Zizek in his lectures, and you find a recurrent theme: a falling back on the idea that there is no coherent progressive anti-capitalist societal plan, and that the best which can be managed currently is managed capitalism, capitalism as directed by former Communist polities.

When Trump was elected, I had the sense that, at long last, I would know what it would be like to live under a Roman Emperor. But as the left becomes increasingly cannibalistic, I get the sense that we're entering an age more similar to the French Revolution, where each ascendent further left power gave way to political factions yet more extreme.

As for why I listened to chapotraphouse, it's because I consciously make an effort to get information and perspectives from outside of whatever echo chamber I may be unconsciously building for myself through my media consumption. As someone who has been sympathetic to leftist sensibilities in the past, I was genuinely curious; I left unimpressed.

Peterson has his flaws. There are lots of important points I disagree with him on. But the collective character assassination that he is currently being subjected to makes them easy to overlook in favor of his positive points. As for Nathan Robinson, ugh. There are things that the more bellicose aspect of my personality would like to express but I'll restrain myself because I want to work towards civility across political lines.

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

You a high-information poster who loves to talk about people being mean to gamers

Imagine paying for post history features

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fail

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

CountFosco posted:

Stavbot-whateverdude.mp3

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

This is the most wrong think post thats happened in this lovely thread in awhile.

You should try an understand that the r/cth / goons / rose-twitter types are mostly low information people that have made their political views part of their identity.
lol that long-winded dingus made you jealous

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

TetsuoTW posted:

lol that long-winded dingus made you jealous

his post isn't our perfect group-think

ATTAC ATTAC ATTAC

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I both resent and laugh at the implication that anyone would have to be "tilted" into shitposting saltily.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
while you were referencing cum town bits I was tilting a dog into licking its balls and now you have the audacity to come to me for help?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ATTAC ATTAC ATTAC

How sad for you dude

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

ATTAC ATTAC ATTAC
he's much better at this

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

sick of this echo chamber where no one even considers the merits of ideas like ethnic cleansing and trading women like livestock before dismissing them out of hand

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

ATTAC ATTAC ATTAC
Bari stop posting you have a deadline

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

mum made me turn off my xbox that bitch I'm so out of here when im 18

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Need to balance out my views by listening to dumbshit hucksters.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
When I’m writing an essay for uni I purposely cite blatant lies and dumb poo poo, for balance

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
The Rod Dreher mailbag guy is one of the people who voted for Hillary but also thinks she did Pizza Gate.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

drat it, "doctorate in Mario" was right there, Matt.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Jordan Peterson is just so loving dumb, I don't understand how anyone can resist laughing in the middle of them.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/vicbergeriv/status/998748119608197120?s=21

quote:

Federal definition. The federal definition of gang as used by the Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security's Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), is [1]:

An association of three or more individuals;

Whose members collectively identify themselves by adopting a group identity, which they use to create an atmosphere of fear or intimidation, frequently by employing one or more of the following:

- a common name, slogan, identifying sign, symbol, tattoo or other physical marking, style or color of clothing, hairstyle, hand sign or graffiti;

- Whose purpose in part is to engage in criminal activity and which uses violence or intimidation to further its criminal objectives.

- Whose members engage in criminal activity or acts of juvenile delinquency that if committed by an adult would be crimes with the intent to enhance or preserve the association's power, reputation or economic resources.

The association may also possess some of the following characteristics:
- The members may employ rules for joining and operating within the association.
- The members may meet on a recurring basis.
- The association may provide physical protection of its members from others.
- The association may seek to exercise control over a particular geographic location or region, or it may simply defend its perceived interests against rivals.
- The association may have an identifiable structure.

:thunk:

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Bari stop posting you have a deadline

That's how it is on this bitch of an Earth.

"sick of this echo chamber where no one even considers the merits of ideas like ethnic cleansing and trading women like livestock before dismissing them out of hand"

lol when you combat anything that doesn't jive with your narrative with the most off the shelf accusations of extremism, when the chapo hosts talk about how twitter is garbage; what they mean is, you are.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

"sick of this echo chamber where no one even considers the merits of ideas like ethnic cleansing and trading women like livestock before dismissing them out of hand"

lol when you combat anything that doesn't jive with your narrative with the most off the shelf accusations of extremism, when the chapo hosts talk about how twitter is garbage; what they mean is, you are.
awwww he's adorable

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

that's not...that's not what that me-.....never mind

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

hell yeah now if we could somehow get that daily shoah recommender back we'd have the trifecta of dipshits who love to roll around in poo poo claiming we're owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

you must absolutely take a picture of your bare rear end and post it here