Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

cleave to the prod, aye, and prod'st with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

mayhaps thou meanest I shan't have the office?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Uncle Kitchener posted:

Doth thee has't a single fact to backeth yond up?

Aye.

Point the first: For such a thing is like unto a terror.

Point the second: For such a thing is like unto a terror.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Doc Hawkins posted:

mayhaps thou meanest I shan't have the office?
?

Edit - Oh, ok, got it.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
imagine if that machinima "old men" video was made into a bunch of mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi7rCB5y1J0

it's pretty monkeycheese but I laughed anyways

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I'm pretty sure the first segment in that video is The Malkavian Mod, which is a classic in its own way.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah it's the Malkavian mod. Worth playing though, it's not long but there is a lot that video doesn't show off.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7QUEJJNnBE

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
This game is a legal adult as of about a week ago. Holy poo poo time flies.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Goddamn I feel old.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

KillHour posted:

Goddamn I feel old.

Right? I remember reading ads for it in CGW before it came out and getting hyped, and now that was 18 goddamn years ago.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Old men...are the future!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Old men...are the future!

“Electronic old men” basically sums up the SA forums to be honest

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

My car is 21 years old. If it were a person it could buy me drinks or weed in seven states

I'm old AND poor

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Ugly In The Morning posted:

“Electronic old men” basically sums up the SA forums to be honest

It's probably for the best that we won't be running the world... within the week.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

aniviron posted:

It's probably for the best that we won't be running the world... within the week.

No, within six months.

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax
The time from Deus Ex: The Recut to now is longer the the time between it and the original release of the game.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
People keep telling me to git gud when I saw I don’t like Bloodsouls games, but I’d like to see how they do with Liberty Island. Which, you know, had good design.

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
Anyone know how to make GMDX work?

I have a windows 10 laptop with decent specs (i5-6300HQ, GTX 960M, 8GB DDR3L, SSD). When I launched gmdx the first time I had terrible fps with Direct3D9 and Direct3D10, and OpenGL/Software/MeTaL etc didn’t work either - lots of glitchiness.

The only one that worked well was “Direct3D”, which worked fine - completely smooth and sharp. 2 problems: the brightness slider didn’t work so everything was pitch black but hey I can deal with that. Second problem which is game breaking: trying to use scopes caused an instant crash.

Anyone else had this problem and worked out how to fix it?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Long shots, but had you run the game once before installing GDMX?

Maybe try reinstalling GDMX using 'Run as Administrator'

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ugly In The Morning posted:

People keep telling me to git gud when I saw I don’t like Bloodsouls games, but I’d like to see how they do with Liberty Island. Which, you know, had good design.

Deus Ex isn't all that hard

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

liberty island is really easy. the only reason people had trouble with it is because it just lets you do whatever on a big map from the get-go and people didn't really know what to expect.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

the only reason people had trouble with liberty island was because of missing audio files

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax
People had trouble with Liberty Island because reload is bound to semicolon by default and the stun baton only works if you hit people on the rear end with it.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

No but it has a difficulty curve where it starts at its hardest and gets trivial as you progress. Going from an end-game JC to a fresh start can be real humbling if you get cocky.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Erotic Wakes posted:

People had trouble with Liberty Island because reload is bound to semicolon by default and the stun baton only works if you hit people on the rear end with it.

Base of the skull also works. And of course the rear end.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

KillHour posted:

No but it has a difficulty curve where it starts at its hardest and gets trivial as you progress. Going from an end-game JC to a fresh start can be real humbling if you get cocky.

It's only hard if you didn't skill up Pistol.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

I was 10 when I first played it and I fired my GEP gun into the face of the first NSA soldier I saw.

My child brain also couldn't comprehend the UNATCO base being located in the same zone as the NSA's statue takeover. Good guy level....bad guy level....in the same level??? :psyduck:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Jeoh posted:

But Pistol is at Skilled automatically. :confused:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Jeoh posted:

Tranqs make the first level insanely easy too, even with dumptered pistol skill, its just the game makes no effort at all to tell you how to use them (shoot someone somewhere on their model and don't get shot by them for six seconds then they panic run and do nothing until the take a permanap)

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Samuel Clemens posted:

But Pistol is at Skilled automatically. :confused:

gently caress that, skill Pistols down at the start and just slap a laser sight on that sucker. Computer, lockpick and electronics aren't going to buy themselves.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
The type of person who hears "Dark Souls is hard" and responds with "yeah but Deus Ex, no, not HR or MD, the original" wears a fedora and won't shut the gently caress up about atheism

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

feelix posted:

The type of person who hears "Dark Souls is hard" and responds with "yeah but Deus Ex, no, not HR or MD, the original" wears a fedora and won't shut the gently caress up about atheism

I just didn’t like Dark Souls and got annoyed by being told it was because I didn’t git gud enough.

There’s tons of people who had a hard time with liberty island, anyway. It was a pretty big change of pace from a lot of other FPS’s when it came out.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

gently caress that, skill Pistols down at the start and just slap a laser sight on that sucker. Computer, lockpick and electronics aren't going to buy themselves.

You can't skill down Pistol unless you're running one of the mods, though. You'll always start at Skilled, even in you downgraded when creating the character :eng101:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jeoh posted:

You can't skill down Pistol unless you're running one of the mods, though. You'll always start at Skilled, even in you downgraded when creating the character :eng101:

Exactly. Free experience points, motherfucker!

The only better exploit is pausing while lockpicking/multitooling.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Grenade jumping (and climbing) is fantastic too.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jeoh posted:

Grenade jumping (and climbing) is fantastic too.

I think Deus Ex gave me my love of jankyass games.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Base of the skull also works. And of course the rear end.

I've played Deus Ex many times and for the life of me, I have never gotten this to work. I always have to hit them twice with even the prod.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Momomo posted:

I've played Deus Ex many times and for the life of me, I have never gotten this to work. I always have to hit them twice with even the prod.

Prod with the prod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Momomo posted:

I don't know where this rear end thing comes from, it's definitely the small of the back.

I gave up on Revision when I came across an NSF soldier sitting on a bench that would not go down to a single prod to the part of his head that was visible from behind. This was on Liberty Island, so about ten minutes after I started playing. If you're not gonna do something about the hitboxes, don't randomly insert terrorists chilling casually on benches, please.