Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its not that fun to play either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
the side stuff in the game really isn't that interesting (except for the valkyries) i just want their reactions to the hype poo poo coming up

scary ghost dog posted:

its not that fun to play either

Wrong

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, if they just rushed through the story people would complain they're missing out on the boat stories or the dragons or Brok dialogue or whatever. It's an unwinnable situation.

Bikindok
May 3, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I liked the bit on the podcast a bit ago where matt was like "yeah at pax east when people were trying my game I would talk to them a bunch and they would always die and I'd say SEE NOT SO EASY IS IT" :v:
In their defense, it's not their profession like it is with Matt. Nobody is paying them to perform or anything, there shouldn't be an expectation of competence.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The bigger issue with God of War is that it's a 3 man LP, which Detroit is also going to be a 3 man team. Which LP goes into every other day

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I enjoyed all of the low key boat stuff while I was playing but it's not the most exciting thing to watch other people go through, particularly with 30 minute episodes during which it's easy to see no forward progress at all. Not a great LP game aside from the handful of big setpieces.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

God of War is going to turn into another Yakuza, where Pat does nothing but sidequests early on, then everyone else gets bored and they mainline story stuff until the end with no breaks. I don't have a problem with the side stuff but I wish they'd spread it out better.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

The bigger issue with God of War is that it's a 3 man LP, which Detroit is also going to be a 3 man team. Which LP goes into every other day

Eh I adore three man LPs

More I say

MORE

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bikindok posted:

In their defense, it's not their profession like it is with Matt. Nobody is paying them to perform or anything, there shouldn't be an expectation of competence.
Not everyone can inherently multitask like some kinda robot, even if their profession is entertainment.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

Eh I adore three man LPs

More I say

MORE

The issue isn't on the audience, it's the logistics of having 2 3-man LP going on at the same time. Especially when both are relatively long games.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tae posted:

The issue isn't on the audience, it's the logistics of having 2 3-man LP going on at the same time. Especially when both are relatively long games.

If Detroit is any longer than 10 hours at absolute maximum I'll eat my loving hat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Heavy Rain was about 10 hours for them, Beyond Two Souls was close that.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I don't watch Best Friends for superb gameplay, I watch it to hear the crew be funny and riff on the game and whatnot, who cares how good they are at the game?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

WampaLord posted:

I don't watch Best Friends for superb gameplay, I watch it to hear the crew be funny and riff on the game and whatnot, who cares how good they are at the game?

Yeah, if you wanted that, go to Liam's streams.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Monathin posted:

If Detroit is any longer than 10 hours at absolute maximum I'll eat my loving hat.

With how GoW has been going I must ask, specifically which type of hat? :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A condom apparently

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GOW is different because it's a completely open world game in which Pat inevitably ends up exploring every single stupid nook and crany of that the six pairs of eyes don't miss. Detroit is, if we're going by Cage's more 'modern' games, going to be extremely linear to the point of hilarity. :v:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Monathin posted:

GOW is different because it's a completely open world game in which Pat inevitably ends up exploring every single stupid nook and crany of that the six pairs of eyes don't miss. Detroit is, if we're going by Cage's more 'modern' games, going to be extremely linear to the point of hilarity. :v:

I guarantee that the big gameplay gimmick is going to be data collection and "here's what other players did" since now his team understands how to do that thanks to the PS4 remaster of Beyond Two Souls

The story will still be Cage-level, of course. Can't loving wait.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Kratos will never get off the boat.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

WampaLord posted:

The story will still be Cage-level, of course. Can't loving wait.

Every single thing that's come out about Detroit's story already sounds miserable, I'm dying to see how he ends up somehow implying that black robotic people were really better off under control all along or something.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

honestly 30 minutes is just way too short for episodes on a game like this. it was a huge frustrating problem with bloodborne and KOTOR too. 30 mins should be reserved for super fast paced poo poo/mini playthroughs

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I wonder if they would have played GOW at all if they'd paid the slightest bit of attention to it before it came out.

They should be doing hour-long episodes of the #FE thing, nobody's watching it and they're going to be playing that poo poo for months.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Monathin posted:

I've got a terrible memory, was it ever this bad before? Like, Matt was eagle-eyed during RE Revelations, but I thought Last of Us and the Evil Withins went fine as far as picking things up but I haven't watched every one of their LPs. Mostly because eh, some games I'm so not interested that I don't even care who's playing them.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

RareAcumen posted:

I've got a terrible memory, was it ever this bad before? Like, Matt was eagle-eyed during RE Revelations, but I thought Last of Us and the Evil Withins went fine as far as picking things up but I haven't watched every one of their LPs. Mostly because eh, some games I'm so not interested that I don't even care who's playing them.

The one that comes to mind is RE7, it was pretty bad then.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Monathin posted:

The one that comes to mind is RE7, it was pretty bad then.

Oh of course, right. I was trying to think of something open-world ish like GOW so I totally didn't even think about RE7.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They could be

Pretty blind in RE7

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is Paige taking a break from streaming? Last time she streamed was two weeks ago with some DKCTF and before that was Undertale.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
She's been in the US a lot recently I think? Like for cons n poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The track liam was talking about during the boss fight in today's nier video, Bipolar Nightmare, is one of the best tracks in an already packed soundtrack. And Woolie got the climax of it to trigger right as the cutscene with 9s happened, so good

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Not everyone can inherently multitask like some kinda robot, even if their profession is entertainment.

Somewhat related, but I've been rewatching the Bloodborne LP and it's hilarious how strong the LP tax can be some times. When they get into the back of Ioskfka's they literally stare at an item before walking away. The area before One Reborn had a lot of running right over items without picking them up. (Although that might have just been because Woolie assumed them to be QS bullets?)

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtfvZjUaupA
Amazing

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Is this a prequel to Deus Ex Human Revolution?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh noooooooo the Automata LP has started to jerk off about COMMMMBOOOOS

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Are we going back to story in god of war now???

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Seeing as Pat didn't get back on the boat. Nope.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I've been slain

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
There needs to be an extra verse that goes:

"The serpents seem to be controlling our actions. We keep trying to head towards the mountain to spread our mother's ashes, but we always seem to end up doing monotonous exploration. Also, it seems as though Father has become obsessed with improving only his strength. He's already really strong though, so why isn't he trying to improve his other qualities?"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

havenwaters posted:

I've been slain

'You fools, I was the only one stopping him!'

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
The day we have been awaiting has finally arrived.

After a 9-and-a-half-month hiatus, Woolie Versus Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is finally back.

Now with Reggie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Depths posted:

the side stuff in the game really isn't that interesting (except for the valkyries) i just want their reactions to the hype poo poo coming up

Wrong

Yeah, I think the issue is Pat stopped progressing the story right when he is around the corner from the hypest poo poo in the game.