Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

I'm gonna guess SovCit or Moorish Law
The latter is really just the former but with a fez.

Edit: gently caress

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Smiling Jack posted:

I'm gonna guess SovCit or Moorish Law

Does this allow you to claim Andalucia?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

That Works posted:

Does this allow you to claim Andalucia?

Yes but only until the Catholics get their poo poo in order.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie's phone almost certainly has the herps.

https://twitter.com/cbudoffbrown/status/998701637886775299?s=19

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
you know drat well his phone is bugged to hell

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

quote:

Ultra-Clean Homes Can Trigger Childhood Cancer, Study Finds
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/05/21/clean-homes-childhood-cancer/

Who honestly didn't think going crazy with cleaning wouldn't lead to something besides a clean house?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

loving el oh el

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Is it ZTE?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
he wont give up his phone because obama did give up his

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Lol buttery males

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I just assume Russia and China know every single thing going on in the entire executive branch anyway.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

All they have to do is watch fox news, so yeah.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/expanse-revived-season-4-at-amazon-1113803

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Isn’t this old news?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

sharknado slashfic posted:

I just assume Russia and China know every single thing going on in the entire executive branch anyway.

I mean, we're not really trying to hide anything. The Washington Post has better intel then the GRU at this point.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We all know that this administration, built on buttermails whataboutiam, is loving terrible at OPSEC and records law. Everything they bashed Hilldawg for they're doing themselves but X10,000,000.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Yes yes gently caress yes

Praise be to Bezos.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

https://twitter.com/meridithmcgraw/status/998565327318519809

Really weird for the white house press corp to be reposting onion articles

Wait... gently caress https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/need-know-violent-animals-ms-13/

The part about MS-13 decapitating a dude is true though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...m=.20b4b72e14f3

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Good, I figured them or Netflix would grab it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

boop the snoot posted:

Isn’t this old news?

Past articles were "this motherfucker is dumb enough that he will-" and this article was "this motherfucker is so dumb that he-"

The headline is really, really bullshit clickbait for the content of the article. It's not a done deal yet, but really close.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

SimonCat posted:

The part about MS-13 decapitating a dude is true though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...m=.20b4b72e14f3

Cool, let's continue to dehumanise them and use that as an excuse to shut down all immigration and let the brownshirts ICE run wild

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Remember when the biggest information security concern about POTUS was if he’d switch to a redberry (encrypted) vs his normal blackberry?

If he’s still running the s3 then I’ll bet dollars to doughnuts it’s been fully rooted with a root kit that keeps the mic on full time and his battery life is poo poo as a result.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Vasudus posted:

Over the past decade or so the legislative branch has given up the bulk of their power. We're basically down to the executive branch doing something and sometimes SCOTUS slaps their hand and says NO.

“They’re so useless, packed with obstructionist dems, we should just abolish congress to make America great”
-Trump (‘allegedly‘)

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My neighbors are Salvadorian. The husband owns a tree trimming business and his kids go to highschool, walk their dog, hang out with their friends, and are applying to college. The daughter had her quinceañera a couple of years ago and it put any sweet sixteen party to shame.

They seem like pretty normal people who just want to live their lives and contribute to society. I've been to most of the Spanish speaking world at this point and have yet to encounter anyone thirsting for the blood of white Americans, but I'm sure the Trump White House knows better than I do.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

If I were the NSA i would have told TAO to secure that poo poo from the inside once he won the primary.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gang violence is almost universally conducted on associated members of minority communities so it takes a lot of lying to get white suburbanites to believe it can happen to them

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I hope they greatly diverge from the synopsis I read about the books

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

psydude posted:

My neighbors are Salvadorian. The husband owns a tree trimming business and his kids go to highschool, walk their dog, hang out with their friends, and are applying to college. The daughter had her quinceañera a couple of years ago and it put any sweet sixteen party to shame.

They seem like pretty normal people who just want to live their lives and contribute to society. I've been to most of the Spanish speaking world at this point and have yet to encounter anyone thirsting for the blood of white Americans, but I'm sure the Trump White House knows better than I do.

the #1 victims of ms13 are illegal immigrants as they are scared to report crimes or work with the police.

Ironically, sanctuary laws are probably the most effective tool for combatting ms13, but ICE likes to do stupid poo poo like deport the FBIs top ms13 informant over the strenous objections of the FBI.

The damage there is loving done, nobody, and I mean nobody in MS13 is gonna flip and be a cooperator now because the government will deport you back to certain death anyway.

To put it mildly the FBI is not very fuckin happy with ICE right now.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

ICE has been making a habit of this recently

https://www.thedailybeast.com/this-ice-informant-is-about-to-get-deported

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/04/teenage-ms-13-gang-informant-heads-into-final-asylum-hearing.html

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

MRC48B posted:

If I were the NSA i would have told TAO to secure that poo poo from the inside once he won the primary.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Third World Reggin posted:

does paris climate accord still have no penalty for not following it despite signing it

also iirc the pairs climate accord put out a study that said even if people followed it, it wouldn't do nearly enough

We discussed this in a class last semester, and I've forgotten the specific numbers, but this is true.

The Paris Accords set a limit to average temperature increase to 2° C. Since then, the temperature has already increased 1° C, and the U.S., Russia, and China alone have more than enough fossil fuels already in reserve that can take us the rest of the way easily. And that's before we get into the estimated stores of fossil fuels that haven't been pulled from the earth yet.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

facialimpediment posted:

The headline is really, really bullshit clickbait for the content of the article. It's not a done deal yet, but really close.

It is some click bait poo poo. I read the headline, immediately copy/pasted, and read the article after. The chatter will probably help push Amazon to move on it though. So, not entirely in vain.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It is some click bait poo poo. I read the headline, immediately copy/pasted, and read the article after. The chatter will probably help push Amazon to move on it though. So, not entirely in vain.

It's picking up though!

https://twitter.com/AbrahamHanover/status/998724670286323714

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

gunt and booties

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Doggos can't pick their people.

Kuroyama posted:

We discussed this in a class last semester, and I've forgotten the specific numbers, but this is true.

The Paris Accords set a limit to average temperature increase to 2° C. Since then, the temperature has already increased 1° C, and the U.S., Russia, and China alone have more than enough fossil fuels already in reserve that can take us the rest of the way easily. And that's before we get into the estimated stores of fossil fuels that haven't been pulled from the earth yet.

Yeah, if we want to stave off catastrophic global warming, oil companies will have to write off billions of dollars in proven reserves (they haven't stopped exploring for new reserves) and wind down their businesses. So, if we want a future, American, Russian, and Chinese businesses will have to agree to go out of business instead of making their owners and stockholders rich, or their governments will have to make them.

Sorry about your kids.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
First thing the Democrats should do the second they regain power is increase the SC to 15 seats and the House to 750.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Kids nothing, we're going to see the effects of poo poo getting wild before we're in the grave. We're already seeing changes in severe weather, unseasonable patterns, and the resulting migration of animals/insects/disease. And it sure as gently caress isn't "lol that's just the weather, nerd".

edit: this is also on top of us loving around with using too much water for agriculture and draining the aquifers, salt water seeping into the aquifers, or building in places that don't have enough natural water to begin with.

edit2: this is also precisely why they call it climate change now, too. Because despite the fact that yes, unnatural warming is the root cause of a lot of this, you get morons like trumpo that say 'lol it was coldest on record this year, how is this real'

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 22, 2018

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vasudus posted:

Kids nothing, we're going to see the effects of poo poo getting wild before we're in the grave. We're already seeing changes in severe weather, unseasonable patterns, and the resulting migration of animals/insects/disease. And it sure as gently caress isn't "lol that's just the weather, nerd".

edit: this is also on top of us loving around with using too much water for agriculture and draining the aquifers, salt water seeping into the aquifers, or building in places that don't have enough natural water to begin with.

edit2: this is also precisely why they call it climate change now, too. Because despite the fact that yes, unnatural warming is the root cause of a lot of this, you get morons like trumpo that say 'lol it was coldest on record this year, how is this real'

It'll be interesting and probably depressing to see how the "gently caress you, die poor" parts of the country tackle indiscriminate public health issues like Zika, if the way they're "handling" opioid dependence is any indication they'll make some noise and then inertia sets back in and the folks in power go back to treating addiction as a crime and killing people.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Nystral posted:

Remember when the biggest information security concern about POTUS was if he’d switch to a redberry (encrypted) vs his normal blackberry?

If he’s still running the s3 then I’ll bet dollars to doughnuts it’s been fully rooted with a root kit that keeps the mic on full time and his battery life is poo poo as a result.

If he really does have a S3, it means he keeps buying replacement S3s. The S3 has a design flaw that causes the power button to break after about about a year. If that's the case hes surely gotten a new one since elected, which means he either has a stack of them in a closet or hes getting refurbished phones which are probably rootkitted out of the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

If this is true, then literally dozens of countries are listening to everything he says on that phone and reading everything he texts.

• Locked thread