Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I just want a new 2D Pokémon. Is that too much to ask for?
Yeah probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I just want a new 2D Pokémon. Is that too much to ask for?

Have you considered asking for things that are possible? Like a pokemon daying sim called “I choose you, Pikachu!”

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

b_d posted:

*sits in thinker pose for eight hours* what about. pokemon goku

tel me more

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

b_d posted:

*sits in thinker pose for eight hours* what about. pokemon goku

I think the Pokémon Goku exists.

Lucario or whatever, the blue fox.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Does every character have some sort of combo ender if you press X? I just learned that Impa does a somersault after her Y combo, and Linka does a jump back rapid fire spam after a Y-X

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There are over eight hundred pokemon, and it would be a shame if the first proper Pokemon game on the greatest video game console of all time did not give fair representation to the ones that aren't from the 90s.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tae posted:

Does every character have some sort of combo ender if you press X? I just learned that Impa does a somersault after her Y combo, and Linka does a jump back rapid fire spam after a Y-X

You can check each warrior's combos on the mission prep screen, but essentially: yes, every character has a combo ender if you press X, and the finisher that is performed varies based on how many times you pressed Y before it.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

put all the pokemon in the game, and put them everywhere, and let me take pics of them

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I really wish Hyrule Warriors had a training mode. What do people usually do when learning new characters/weapons?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zas posted:

put all the pokemon in the game, and put them everywhere, and let me take pics of them

Only if there is a feature where I can berate pokemon for being too fat

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Your Computer posted:

I really wish Hyrule Warriors had a training mode. What do people usually do when learning new characters/weapons?

Throw them into an easy map and see how they play usually. Test out what their basic combo strings are etc.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

nopantsjack posted:

tel me more

pokemon....... goku.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: he explained to me that the other regions also represent regions of Japan (except for the latest games) but only Kanto is named the same as the real one.

Up through Diamond and Pearl, then it's America, France, and Hawaii.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

The Octopath Traveler making-of and teaser videos are hyping me to the point I might actually pay an extra $20 for the CD and pop-up book.
Does anyone else hear that siren song or am I alone in this madness?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

b_d posted:

pokemon....... goku.

*unsuccessfully fakes a sage nod*

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Space Fish posted:

The Octopath Traveler making-of and teaser videos are hyping me to the point I might actually pay an extra $20 for the CD and pop-up book.

where you go i cannot follow

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am completely on board for new Poekmon games to shake up the formula, have more active gameplay, and let you catch Pokemon IRL with Pokemon Go and transfer them into your game.

All that sounds great, I don't understand why you guys are like "pre-order cancelled!"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Reading all the confused posts about hyrule warriors is making me feel like some sort of a super genius

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pokemon go is super dull so a game taking its design cues from it seems like a bad plan.

That said we dont know poo poo and it could be awesome

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Space Fish posted:

I'm still kind of confused about the structure of the game, though I haven't read that much about it past playing the demo. Do all of the stories converge after the intro or are they all substantially different? If it's the former I don't think I'm going to be interested.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Fallom posted:

I'm still kind of confused about the structure of the game, though I haven't read that much about it past playing the demo. Do all of the stories converge after the intro or are they all substantially different? If it's the former I don't think I'm going to be interested.

From the looks of it, it's the latter. They could potentially converge very late into the game, but a significant amount of each character's story appears to be separate from the others.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Fallom posted:

its 8 different stories but the characters are all each others' party members and you can do all 8 in one playthrough

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I don't really know anything about octopath but I plan to get it. Hows the combat? I'm hoping for something like Bravely where its modernised but simple JRPG goodness.
As a random anecdote, out of nowhere one of the best modern JRPG systems is that zeboyd penny arcade game, the first one they did I forget if thats 3 or 4. That poo poo owned.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nopantsjack posted:

I don't really know anything about octopath but I plan to get it. Hows the combat? I'm hoping for something like Bravely where its modernised but simple JRPG goodness.
As a random anecdote, out of nowhere one of the best modern JRPG systems is that zeboyd penny arcade game, the first one they did I forget if thats 3 or 4. That poo poo owned.

that's pretty much what it is, has a lot of similarities to the core Bravely Default combat but with its own quirks and party abilities. I wasn't a fan of the Bravely job system and how much of a grind it could be so I'm more of a fan of how Octopath is a little streamlined

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I never played legends, just the original hyrule warriors and I gotta say this mission where you have to slaughter a million small bartsimprisoned is loving psychotic

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It has a turn stacking gimmick a la Bravely Default but works differently enough. The weakness system seems worrying for late game from a tedium standpoint.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Pokemon go is a game?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So how is Wizard of Legend? I was thinking of picking it up but I don’t have any coop buddy to play it with but I’m wondering if I should hold off since Runner 3 comes out tomorrow as well. I do have a stock pile of 644 gold coins I can use to knock down the price on either

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Junkie Disease posted:

Pokemon go is a game?
There’s a part where you touch the screen over and over again as fast as you can to beat a boss or something. That’s what I see people doing on the street sometimes.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Guys I had a dream last night that Nintendo's entire e3 presentation video got leaked

The only part I remember was they added Lanky Mario Odyssey DLC and you got one of the moons by slowly walking on a cats back to give it a massage

you heard it here first folks

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

nopantsjack posted:

I liked those games too

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Junkie Disease posted:

Pokemon go is a game?

It's really more an excuse to go outside

That's why nerds hate it so much

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Marin is a loving monster

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So how is Wizard of Legend? I was thinking of picking it up but I don’t have any coop buddy to play it with but I’m wondering if I should hold off since Runner 3 comes out tomorrow as well. I do have a stock pile of 644 gold coins I can use to knock down the price on either

GB's got a Quicklook all prepped and ready. I've been interested in picking this up as well, but Darkest Dungeon has been keeping me occupied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QX-_-Fdun4

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Marin is a loving monster

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Zelder posted:

I never played legends, just the original hyrule warriors and I gotta say this mission where you have to slaughter a million small bartsimprisoned is loving psychotic

that poo poo was hilarious and better than fighting actual imprisoned

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's really more an excuse to go outside

That's why nerds hate it so much
I’m still waiting for an AR game that uses that same map data but is based on real and mythological people and things from that area.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So why does ANYONE backsass Linkle when she claims to be the Hero? Even if she isn't she has loving uzi's in a sword and sorcery setting and the loyalty of immortal feathered death gods, just smile and nod.

Really though, so loving happy this finally got ported to something I own. I've put hundreds of hours into the original HW but I wasn't going to get an N3DS just to play the new content.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Been playing Mario+Rabbids. It's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

GreatGreen posted:

In Hyrule Warriors, what are the rules governing your AI commands?

Let’s say I am playing with Link and Zelda. I’m controlling Link.
1. I give Zelda a command to go to Base A.
2. I decide to swap over to Zelda to dick around fighting enemies with her for a minute or two.
3. I swap back to Link after that.

Will Zelda resume following my earlier command and travel to Base A? Is there a time limit or something on this?

Pretty sure no -- I sent Lana to a base to defend it (poorly, but still,) accidentally switched to her a little later and was holding forward while doing so, just enough to move her out of the keep boundary, and switched back to someone else. A minute later, I lost the keep. Switched back to Lana, and she was still standing in the exact same spot, doing absolutely nothing.

Your Computer posted:

I just spend the first 30 seconds or so seeing what the combos are like, and figuring out their unique perks (e.g. Linkle's rapid fire strong, Cia's combo-changing mode via strong attack, Sheik's various buffs.) Most characters have the same style of combos--
YX is a single-target launcher
YYX is typically a straight line ranged attack
YYYX is typically a radial AOE attack
YYYYX, I forget! Characters may get unique after that point.

enojy fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 22, 2018

• Locked thread