Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It weirds me out how goons still love and defend that pig murder psycho goon

Saying this as a person who grew up in rural Texas and shot a few wild hogs

There is an extremely obvious (or so I thought) difference between killing because you have to and dragging the still-warm corpses into hilarious formations so you can post your selfie in front of arranged pig corpses for 2000s-era goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Are you vegan, because if not there's a lot of unnecessary killing on a much more gruesome scale going on in factory farms. That guy knew to expose the blood, the deranged nature of the world, instead of hiding it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

doverhog posted:

Are you vegan, because if not there's a lot of unnecessary killing on a much more gruesome scale going on in factory farms. That guy knew to expose the blood, the deranged nature of the world, instead of hiding it.
I am vegeterian

Don’t loving defend Psycho Murder Goon with factory farms to me. I was born into factory farms

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I'm applying a reading where his gross posting is a critique of a society that will eat meat while pretending to not know where the meat comes from. Any other reading is just as valid really.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Him dressing up in costume to kill the pigs was super cool.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't think it's my favorite but it does have the best Matt Damon cameo

And Alan Tudyk

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flossing is essential.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dross posted:

I was under the impression that armed conflict with the police typically does not go well for the citizen in question.

Cops have been killed by citizens. If there were an honest-to-god revolution or armed uprising or whatever the gently caress, a whooooole lotta coppers gonna get killed.

Anyway, its funny how gun control folks are always weirdly pro-police. "Nyah nyah, you cant beat the police :smug: ". Almost like they have a hard-on for authoritarianism.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Blue Star posted:

Cops have been killed by citizens. If there were an honest-to-god revolution or armed uprising or whatever the gently caress, a whooooole lotta coppers gonna get killed.

Anyway, its funny how gun control folks are always weirdly pro-police. "Nyah nyah, you cant beat the police :smug: ". Almost like they have a hard-on for authoritarianism.

If cops start dying in a protest they will just authorize deadly force and all of the "revolutionaries" will get mowed down in a rain of automatic weapon fire. Just send in a few cops in an abrams tank and the 50 caliber gunner could take out basically any amount of protesters armed with just a bunch of semi-auto ar15s.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If cops start dying in a protest they will just authorize deadly force and all of the "revolutionaries" will get mowed down in a rain of automatic weapon fire. Just send in a few cops in an abrams tank and the 50 caliber gunner could take out basically any amount of protesters armed with just a bunch of semi-auto ar15s.

And then more people will start attacking the police with more guns, bombs, etc. Its going to be really, really hard for the police to put down the entire population. Of course, i dont expect an armed revolution to ever happen so we'll never be able to test this out. But the State isnt as invincible as you think it is, even though you desperately want it to be. I see people gleefully daydreaming about forcefully taking people's guns, too stupid to realize that the State wouldn't stop there. Very sad. But fortunately they have no power. :shrug:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Blue Star posted:

And then more people will start attacking the police with more guns, bombs, etc. Its going to be really, really hard for the police to put down the entire population. Of course, i dont expect an armed revolution to ever happen so we'll never be able to test this out. But the State isnt as invincible as you think it is, even though you desperately want it to be. I see people gleefully daydreaming about forcefully taking people's guns, too stupid to realize that the State wouldn't stop there. Very sad. But fortunately they have no power. :shrug:

If the police are losing control of a city, just drop a hydrogen bomb on it. There, insurrection ended.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

In any civil war type situation you need to remember that the cops and the army are also citizens of the country. If their leader commands them to murder their friends and brothers, will they comply? I hope not.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

If the police are losing control of a city, just drop a hydrogen bomb on it. There, insurrection ended.

Then they've lost control of a city, then. And destroyed it. Hope they can do that with all of their cities.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Blue Star posted:

Then they've lost control of a city, then. And destroyed it. Hope they can do that with all of their cities.

If God wills it, so be it. We'd be doing ourselves a favor if all the major cities were razed to the ground and we were forced to rethink how our country should work.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blue Star posted:

The American government is already stripping away all your freedoms, they don't need guns to do that, and your guns can't do anything to stop them.

All they're good for is murdering your fellow citizens.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

There isn't a scenario where that doesn't end with the country being utterly destroyed

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

MizPiz posted:

There isn't a scenario where that doesn't end with the country being utterly destroyed

The assumption that other citizens would definitely be sympathetic to those put down by the government is not at all a safe one, especially if they were left leaning or minorities. All the gov has to do is paint them as enemies of the people and most will eat it for every meal. As mentioned earlier, bombing of citizens by government agents is not unprecedented.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Dross posted:

The assumption that other citizens would definitely be sympathetic to those put down by the government is not at all a safe one, especially if they were left leaning or minorities. All the gov has to do is paint them as enemies of the people and most will eat it for every meal. As mentioned earlier, bombing of citizens by government agents is not unprecedented.

I was talking about the international response. Practically every country would turn on the troops stationed in their respective countries and then invade if America nuked a one of it's own cities.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

lol u can't even do that in Hearts of Iron. Insurgencies don't work that way.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I've always thought it funny that the people who says you don't need guns to protect yourself are also the ones saying cops are the facist enforcers of a racist regime and cannot be trusted.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Canemacar posted:

I've always thought it funny that the people who says you don't need guns to protect yourself are also the ones saying cops are the facist enforcers of a racist regime and cannot be trusted.

On the other hand America's gun fetish hasn't stopped its cops being murderous bastards.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's sparked it if nothing else. Cops treat everyone as if they're armed to the teeth because there's a chance they are.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

On the other hand America's gun fetish hasn't stopped its cops being murderous bastards.

I'm not a fan of the militarization of our police, and I'd be overjoyed to see a reformation in policing methods in this country.

But I think it's an unabashed good that Americans are packing heat. Governments have a tendency to over reach, and just the promise of an armed people can do a lot to discourage policies that would piss off the majority of Americans.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Canemacar posted:

I'm not a fan of the militarization of our police, and I'd be overjoyed to see a reformation in policing methods in this country.

But I think it's an unabashed good that Americans are packing heat. Governments have a tendency to over reach, and just the promise of an armed people can do a lot to discourage policies that would piss off the majority of Americans.

Yeah, look at all those times responsible American gun owners fought back against an over-reaching federal government, like...

uh....

give me a minute...

...the Oklahoma City Bombing? The dude was motivated by the poo poo the ATF pulled at Waco and Ruby Ridge. But he was also a white supremacist who murdered children. You can put that in your column if you want, but that's pretty dark, dude.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

An arms race between a government and its people can’t possibly be anything but great!

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

The American government is already stripping away all your freedoms, they don't need guns to do that, and your guns can't do anything to stop them.

All they're good for is murdering your fellow citizens.

Oh? You're an expert? :allears:

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Canemacar posted:

Yup. But self-awareness and consistency ain't their strong point. One minute, theyre saying cops are all racist, fascist thugs (which is a fair enough assertion, seeing all the innocent people they get away with killing). But then, without blinking an eye, they'll cheer cops on and urge them to take everyone's guns.

"If I had my way, i'd bust into everyone's houses and TAKE their precious guns...by FORCE!"

Oh? And how, pray tell, are you going to do that, little liberal baby person? :allears: Gonna have the cops help ya do it? Hmm? But...I thought the cops were...bad? But I'm sure they'll work FOR you guys, just this once. No ill will come of it, I'm sure. :smug:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked Sabriel better than Harry Potter.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, look at all those times responsible American gun owners fought back against an over-reaching federal government, like...

uh....

give me a minute...

...the Oklahoma City Bombing? The dude was motivated by the poo poo the ATF pulled at Waco and Ruby Ridge. But he was also a white supremacist who murdered children. You can put that in your column if you want, but that's pretty dark, dude.

Shay's Rebellion. Literally chapter 2 of this country's revolutionary war. The fallout of which forced the government to go from the Articles of Federation to our Constitution.

If you could stop being the literal stereotype of a woke college freshman for two seconds, that would be great.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Canemacar posted:

Shay's Rebellion. Literally chapter 2 of this country's revolutionary war. The fallout of which forced the government to go from the Articles of Federation to our Constitution.

If you could stop being the literal stereotype of a woke college freshman for two seconds, that would be great.

lol, are you serious dude? Shay's Rebellion was quickly put down, and as you yourself admit, directly led to the government becoming way way more powerful. Like, they specifically wrote into the constitution powers that allowed the government to more easily put down future rebellions, like the Whiskey Rebellion. It's literally the reason the US government is allowed to have a standing army.

Why would you even bring that up? It directly contradicts your point.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm pretty authoritarian and I think gun control is super important.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol, are you serious dude? Shay's Rebellion was quickly put down, and as you yourself admit, directly led to the government becoming way way more powerful. Like, they specifically wrote into the constitution powers that allowed the government to more easily put down future rebellions, like the Whiskey Rebellion. It's literally the reason the US government is allowed to have a standing army.

Why would you even bring that up? It directly contradicts your point.

It does not. The farmers of Massachusetts were getting the screws put to them by local and state authorities. This was in part because the individual states had locked themselves into a trade war with each other and Europe.

The rebellion forced a broken system to be fixed due to the threat of balkanization and lead to the Constitution. A constitution that established the checks and balances between the branches of the federal government, and between the state and federal level. in addition to stuff like the Bill of Rights.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It's a pity all those dead kids won't grow up to learn about this fascinating bit of history.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's a pity all those dead kids won't grow up to learn about this fascinating bit of history.

I agree. Hopefully we can actually look at why things are as they are and not just slap a bandaid on the problem.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MizPiz posted:

I was talking about the international response. Practically every country would turn on the troops stationed in their respective countries and then invade if America nuked a one of it's own cities.

No one's going risk drawing America's attention if it shows a willingness to nuke its own people. Let them murder each other, who cares? There's certainly not going to be an invasion beyond some humanitarian aid.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Blue Star posted:

Oh? And how, pray tell, are you going to do that, little liberal baby person? :allears: Gonna have the cops help ya do it? Hmm? But...I thought the cops were...bad? But I'm sure they'll work FOR you guys, just this once. No ill will come of it, I'm sure. :smug:

Most people who support banning guns would probably agree with you that it's not practical to literally go into people's homes and forcibly take guns away from people who currently own them lawfully. You just have to pass the law that says they're illegal, give people X number of months to surrender their guns, and then it becomes known that if you are caught owning a gun it's a crime. Most people aren't dumb enough to think that just passing a law instantly makes guns disappear.

Cops shouldn't carry guns though. Taking guns away from regular beat cops would go a long way towards deescalating gun violence in this country.

Basebf555 has a new favorite as of 16:26 on May 22, 2018

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Canemacar posted:

Almost as funny as the people who say you need guns to protect yourself also largely being the ones saying that cops serve the public and never execute any minorities that don't have it coming.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Canemacar posted:

It does not. The farmers of Massachusetts were getting the screws put to them by local and state authorities. This was in part because the individual states had locked themselves into a trade war with each other and Europe.

The rebellion forced a broken system to be fixed due to the threat of balkanization and lead to the Constitution. A constitution that established the checks and balances between the branches of the federal government, and between the state and federal level. in addition to stuff like the Bill of Rights.

C'mon dude, work with me here. You said that today, in modern, Amazon drone times, that private gun ownership could serve as a bulwark against tyranny. In defense of this, you brought up Shay's Rebellion, like 300 years ago some civilians did a rebellion and it got put down. The immediate result of which was the creation of a strong Federal government, with the ability to raise armies specifically to put down rebellions like Shay's Rebellion. Which they did just a few years later with the Whiskey Rebellion. So in context, bringing up Shay's Rebellion when talking about modern day gun owners rising up against the government is a complete non-sequitur.

It's a fun history lesson, but it has nothing to do with our current situation

Now, let's look at the track record of gun owners since then:

Civilian gun owners took part in the genocide of the Native Americans
Civilian gun owners did nothing when the government marched the Japanese into internment camps
Civilian gun owners are currently doing nothing while ICE rounds up immigrants and sends kids to rape prisons

That's not great. None of their behavior in the past couple centuries gives me any reason to believe that majority of civilian gun owners give a poo poo about the rights of their fellow man. In fact, poo poo the the Oklahoma City Bombing makes it seem like the only real "government overreach" that could get gun owners upset is if the government wanted to take their guns

Face it dude, if the government lets gun owners keep their guns, they'll whistle a jaunty tune and doff their caps to the jackbooted stormtroopers marching undesirables off to concentration camps. Just like the did during Japanese Internment and are doing now with ICE.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

sassassin posted:

No one's going risk drawing America's attention if it shows a willingness to nuke its own people. Let them murder each other, who cares? There's certainly not going to be an invasion beyond some humanitarian aid.

People who believe in the permanence of the American liberal hegemony are so adorable :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MizPiz posted:

People who believe in the permanence of America are so adorable :allears:

Although if the Soviet Union is any indication, when USA falls it'll just emerge as a new and somehow even worse USA.