Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Sequel, completely connected.

Muv-Luv is divided into two arcs: Extra and Unlimited. Extra must be completed before being able to start Unlimited.

Alternative is the sequel.

The whole thing is...something alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Muv-Luv is a must play to enjoy Alternative.

Alternative is a hell of a ride.

Edit: To put it simpler, Muv-Luv (Extra and Unlimited) both set up things and introduce the main characters that will be key in Alternative. It is a very well written story, even if Extra is unbearably (and meant to be) goofy at times. High recommendation to the whole experience.

Asteroid Alert fucked around with this message at 11:09 on May 22, 2018

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Hey folks, Stardew Valley comes out today on Vita, if you're a mobile-friendly person as I am.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Hey folks, Stardew Valley comes out today on Vita, if you're a mobile-friendly person as I am.

It’s really great on the switch so I would assume it’s just as good on the vita.

I love portable Stardew.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's no multiplayer planned and no cross save. I guess if you're a big fan or got it free via the PS4 version it's good but not something I would invest a lot of time in.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Dehry posted:

There's no multiplayer planned and no cross save. I guess if you're a big fan or got it free via the PS4 version it's good but not something I would invest a lot of time in.

Or you don't care about those things, such as myself.

Strange that lack of cross save is a detriment for a game on multiple consoles/systems that don't have that feature anyway.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is the PS4 version even getting multiplayer?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

abagofcheetos posted:

Is the PS4 version even getting multiplayer?

Yes. PC is in beta but it will roll out across all consoles when finished.

I just like being able to play my games on the big screen at home and be able to grind during my lunch breaks. The Switch does that but Vita's smaller form factor actually fits in my pocket and doesn't feel like it needs a tablet case or backpack.

On an unrelated note

The status of Omega Labyrinth Z seems to have changed from "Banned in Germany, Australia, and Great Britain" to "We'll announce something when we can" with the game being removed from PQube's site.

Kinda hard to sell a titty game when the top two economies in Europe have banned it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

"we got your top two economies, right here"

*executive whispers in their ear*

"We'll have something announce shortly."

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dehry posted:

The status of Omega Labyrinth Z seems to have changed from "Banned in Germany, Australia, and Great Britain" to "We'll announce something when we can" with the game being removed from PQube's site.

There seems to be something legal going on. The US launch, which ESRB already rated with no issues, has gone missing, while Play-Asia had to cancel existing preorders, and PQube says they cannot say or even hint what's going on at the moment.

I'm not one to defend freaking Criminal Girls, but I'm pretty sure that one had much worse content than anything in OLZ, and it was allowed to be sold everywhere. Hell if I know why this particular title is causing such a large ruckus.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

There seems to be something legal going on. The US launch, which ESRB already rated with no issues, has gone missing, while Play-Asia had to cancel existing preorders, and PQube says they cannot say or even hint what's going on at the moment.

I'm of the same opinion at this point. Probably something to do with being able to legally produce and sell the game with the product banned in the country of origin. That or someone at the classification board called the police on them and there's an ongoing investigation.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

What a mound hill to die on.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The game is probably bad anyways

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looking forward to the Censored Gaming video

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Looking forward to the Censored Gaming video

Here's a coupon for Play-Asia! Stick it to the SJWs!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Buying trash games to own the libs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the thing is this actually is, for the first time ever, an actual case of censorship, since the game's basically been strongarmed into being unable to exist in any meaningful way.

and the game's probably insanely bad but when AAA western games and other japanese vita games have equivalent or worse stuff going on it does seem kind of stupid.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Oh yeah, there's a definite problem here, but the intended audience is going to miss the point and hashtag animetittyholocaust, because the underlying issue is irrelevant.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, that happens with a lot of stuff. Fire Emblem Fates' translation was terrible and they didn't even translate half the DLC despite it selling so well in the west and that still got wrapped up in that nonsense despite there being legitimate criticisms to be made.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It'd happen either way. A single pixel could be changed on a sprite you see for all of 3 seconds across a 30 hour game and those knuckledraggers would be screaming about how it's all the fault of having two X chromosomes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i honestly even agree with them 90% of the time in that i dont think things should be changed between regions just because 'too much titty, here is the socially acceptable amount of titty' which frankly is the worst position to be in because it means im owned from either direction

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Government rationed titty amount

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I never got mine :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think i posted the same thing before but its hosed up that this weird dungeon crawler is getting legally obliterated when im sure way worse games have and will exist, especially on the pc marketplace. i have no desire to ever play it but the people who want to get their rocks off while also grinding out huge numbers should have that right

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah and it just sets a really bad precedent. like what happens if countries with stricter regulations on depictions of gay stuff in media, like china or russia, become bigger markets for games. or like, tales of berseria had to edit out a kid getting stabbed to a kid getting owned by magic spears, and while that edit mostly didn't affect anything its fortunate that it didnt because if they'd made more of a metaphor or a point out of it and still had to change it it would have sucked. that kinda thing. idk, maybe the latter case is just because they wanted a T, but even in that case they'd still have to choose between ruining their art or losing money.

heck this whole Era of Censorship (realistically the only difference these days is that people are actually aware of these kinds of changes but there's definitely a different atmosphere to the room) has already led to some weird changes in those directions. Not necessarily because of censorship, but because of, idk, wanting to seem more 'woke?' Fire Emblem Fates removed the gay-specific dialogue for Niles and Rahjat's marriages because... iunno, I guess they did both have lines like 'but we're both girls/but we're both guys?' But then they just replaced them with the het supports for those two, which, congrats, you've wokely turned the game's only lesbian relationship into comedy stalking.

It was a little before this whole kerfuffle really started kicking up dirt but Tales of Xillia removed a line implying one of the game's main antagonists was gay, too, because the line was comparing him to a schoolgirl with a crush. Which is a weird line, don't get me wrong, but the solution there is to rewrite it, but instead they just kind of removed the implication completely, and frankly if they were going to do that I'd rather just keep the original line. And that was like 2013, I don't think anyone was going to get mad at a JRPG for vaguely implying homosexuality, so I can only really imagine they did it because the original line was kind of weird.

So stuff like that really rubs me the wrong way, and like, is anyone really less offended by criminal girls after the changes than they would be by criminal girls before the changes? No matter which angle you look at it from, it's, well, criminal girls. So even in the 'best case' it doesn't really help anyone or accomplish anything. so this whole trend just kind of sucks, even if most of the other people saying that this whole trend sucks are insane.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Jesus Christ man. There are still plenty of titty games for you to enjoy, more than ever actually. Calm down

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Renoistic posted:

Jesus Christ man. There are still plenty of titty games for you to enjoy, more than ever actually. Calm down

Congrats on missing the point entirely.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Congrats on missing the point entirely.

Come back to me when they literally start burning titty games on the town squares.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Renoistic posted:

Come back to me when they literally start burning titty games on the town squares.

This is like advocating for the Hayes code lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Renoistic posted:

"come back to me when it's already too late" is a real lovely advice man

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I think most people have bigger more important issues to deal with than a subset of a subset of a niche game genre. And to say that it's the age of censors or whatever is laughable. Whatever.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I get being dismissive of people censoring titty games and whatnot, but since the point being made is that it's also far-reaching enough to be censoring even passively gay content, I really do think it's a bigger issue than you think.

e: Like, people got upset that there was a censored costume in Bravely Default, and that was stupid, sure. But the poster specifically mentioned examples were dialogue was changed or outright removed to hide hints of homosexual characters in games. Those are basically 2 whole different issues, but under the same umbrella.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

that was A Joke

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think when you have a game that's carefully skirting around censorship laws in one country as much as possible it's not too surprising when it falls foul of them in another country with different laws. I actually don't like the weird anti-gay self-censorship a lot of translations engage in but this seems like a separate issue.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Renoistic posted:

I think most people have bigger more important issues to deal with than a subset of a subset of a niche game genre. And to say that it's the age of censors or whatever is laughable. Whatever.
i literally said that there wasnt any actual change in the amount of censorship just that people were more aware of it. it's an exaggeration of how much discussion there is on the topic. maybe next time try actually reading a post

as for how anti-gay stuff and anti-titty censorship kind of correlate, well, one can easily get buried by the other if a game has examples of both (fates itself is a great example of this) and even in just the case of anti-titty censorship it can wind up going to really weird places if left to its own devices. its from 15 years ago so it doesnt really count as a 'modern' example but i still love fe7 changing lyn's age to 18 and then adding an animation that placed a huge amount of emphasis on her boobs.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 24, 2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Renoistic posted:

People can care about more than one thing at once

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's actually a documentary about the BBFC (same office that does video games) and their decisions through the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ppqutUB23A

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

People can care about more than one thing at once

I can't but I chose titty games with no hesitation

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cake Attack posted:

I can't but I chose titty games with no hesitation

Is there something else? I mean, this is the Vita thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The solution is obvious. Melt the ice caps and sink Australia and the UK.