Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Not Operator posted:

Is there an opposite of the Vince McMahon gif where instead of getting increasingly excited/horny, he just gets more and more disappointed?

Because I want to cut it with clips from every Corpse Party game.

That Matrix 1/2/3 crowd getting sadder meme maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The secret to Agitha is switching to the character the game let you bring who isn't Agitha in order to do more than chip damage.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Sakurazuka posted:

Yay more Corpse Party :geno:

is that the terrified sweaty upskirt pic

e: wait... is... is that gungrave?

Thats a blast from the past

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Your Computer posted:

this is extremely wrong and bad
I have trouble reading the bazillions of tinytext messages fast enough when I'm playing the game in portable mode so I'd like them to be said out loud. I was just doing the first Midna stage and I had nfc why I was fighting her and also whats-her-name since I was busy running around like a maniac trying to hold forts.

It's not just that though; compared to other Musou games the minimap is just covered with really important dots and flashing indicators and in portable mode they're all reaaaaaaly close together. Or maybe I'm just getting old?

edit: I don't have a problem with any other game in portable mode really, including Orochi.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 22, 2018

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not Operator posted:

Yeah, its cool as heck.

I looked it up and while I'm impressed by the effort to make all these new sprites, I was still kind of lowkey hoping that the sprites themselves wouldn't change at all outside Polar Knight and the Enchanter (for obvious reasons)

Just because you never actually see what's inside the armor and all

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I looked it up and while I'm impressed by the effort to make all these new sprites, I was still kind of lowkey hoping that the sprites themselves wouldn't change at all outside Polar Knight and the Enchanter (for obvious reasons)

Just because you never actually see what's inside the armor and all

You can also keep the sprites the same but change the pronouns. They're independent toggles, which is really nice.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

nopantsjack posted:

e: wait... is... is that gungrave?

Thats a blast from the past
I'm wondering why the hell it's VR only. But I'm also wondering why I'd want to replay that game in 2018. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought there was a non-VR new Gungrave game coming too

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Do most people do all of the Shrines in Breath of the Wild base game? I don’t even know how many there are, but I’ve done 90 and can’t imagine there are many more.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Do most people do all of the Shrines in Breath of the Wild base game? I don’t even know how many there are, but I’ve done 90 and can’t imagine there are many more.
I sure didn't, just enough to get the Master Sword.

If I ever buy it again on the Switch, if it ever goes on sale, maybe I will.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

There are 120 without the DLC.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

IIRC Gungrave is coming back because the president of Korean game company Blueside is a huge mark for that franchise.

Sakurazuka posted:

I thought there was a non-VR new Gungrave game coming too

There is. Gungrave G.O.R.E. I think it's a PS4 exclusive, and I know the VR one's eventually coming to PC.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
picked up HW over the weekend, I've never played a musou game but it is loving awesome so far

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

there are 120 I think, and I did all of them. most can be found by exploring with the radar thing turned on, although I did have to look up the last ~5 online.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Policenaut posted:

XSEED announced the new games they're localizing this year ahead of E3, Gal Metal is one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc7FyG1CrPc

Gungrave VR is the only good VR game.

They teased another proper Gungrave game at the end of it, so maybe that'll come to the Switch. :pray:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its a lot easier and more rewarding to do all the shrines than it is to find all the korok seeds, at least.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
homeless snail i like your terada avatar

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have trouble reading the bazillions of tinytext messages fast enough when I'm playing the game in portable mode so I'd like them to be said out loud. I was just doing the first Midna stage and I had nfc why I was fighting her and also whats-her-name since I was busy running around like a maniac trying to hold forts.

It's not just that though; compared to other Musou games the minimap is just covered with really important dots and flashing indicators and in portable mode they're all reaaaaaaly close together. Or maybe I'm just getting old?

edit: I don't have a problem with any other game in portable mode really, including Orochi.

I agree with all of this, but I just really hate voice acting :yeah:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Voice acting but it's all Japanese so you have to read the text anyway

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

homeless snail posted:

Its a lot easier and more rewarding to do all the shrines than it is to find all the korok seeds, at least.

'got all the korok seeds' needs to be added to the dsm-VI

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

AfroGunsou posted:

homeless snail i like your terada avatar
who

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

You get a cool reward for doing them all. I used a guide for the last 15 or so because at that point I was spending hours travelling over the entire map trying to find them and I was just getting angry.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

gey muckle mowser posted:

picked up HW over the weekend, I've never played a musou game but it is loving awesome so far

there are 120 I think, and I did all of them. most can be found by exploring with the radar thing turned on, although I did have to look up the last ~5 online.

Is there an easy way to reference which ones are missing without finding the needle in the haystack of a completed map? m missing 12 or so, a couple of those are from shrine quests, but i imagine a bunch of others just never tripped my shrine detector. Heroes Path helped me find a few more.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Frankston posted:

You get a cool reward for doing them all. I used a guide for the last 15 or so because at that point I was spending hours travelling over the entire map trying to find them and I was just getting angry.

This is exactly what I want to avoid. I’ll probably have to do the same thing, otherwise I’ll just be wasting my time wandering through areas over and over again

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mega Man Legacy Collection on Switch seems to be a good port. None of the bugs the 3DS one had so far. The games look really nice and crisp on the portable screen.

They really should release more old games on this thing.:v:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Jade Mage posted:

Is it even possible to use Agitha for anything? Like, I use the baton and have fun but Agitha is slow, weak, and doesn't seem to have anything redeeming about her.

I get that that is appropriate considering, but still

The sidebar at the /r/hyrulewarriors subreddit has links to character guides which provide some REALLY deep dives into characters and how to link their combos together etc, they managed to change my mind on a lot of characters who I previously assumed were useless back when I played on 3DS. Agitha particularly is a high skill cap character with moves that require good timing/setup but she's capable of pulling off some insane juggle/aerial combos with dodge cancelling and is one of the best characters for breaking giant boss weak point gauges in the game, believe it or not. I don't really like playing her because of all the windup on her moves feeling so weird but she's capable of a lot.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, once you get the hang of Agitha and just learn to summon your beetle pals she turns into a pretty unique experience. I wouldn't say she's my favorite character, but she's pretty fun.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Oldie but a goodie

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Made a thread for HW:DE please let me know awful it is and all the stuff i forgot to put in the OP. :v:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The DK DLC for Mario + Rabbids is going to have a Cranky Kong Rabbid.:eyepop:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Oldie but a goodie

I like playing as Agitha in HyWar but one thing that disappointed me about her is the game ignores the funniest aspect of her character.

Yeah she's a princess who throws balls for her bug friends. She also has a slightly sinister side. If you try leave her house while you still have bugs to give her. She stops you with "I know you have BUGS!" and the screen shakes a bit. It's great, and there's not even a hint of that side of her in HyWar.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

SeANMcBAY posted:

The DK DLC for Mario + Rabbids is going to have a Cranky Kong Rabbid.:eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXSIx9tUQTg

Haven't gotten through the video yet but based on the new trailer, it looks like your party is always going to be DK, Rabbid Peach, and Rabbid Cranky? But also, from the visuals in the trailer, there appear to be multiple level themes, so... more than one new world? Might actually be enough to finally warrant a purchase.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

THE loving MOON posted:

Is there an easy way to reference which ones are missing without finding the needle in the haystack of a completed map? m missing 12 or so, a couple of those are from shrine quests, but i imagine a bunch of others just never tripped my shrine detector. Heroes Path helped me find a few more.

I just looked up a map/list of all the shrines and compared them to my in-game map, region by region. Sounds tedious but it only took me like 10 minutes maybe. Hero's Path is definitely helpful but there are some that do not trigger the shrine detector.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Argue posted:

Haven't gotten through the video yet but based on the new trailer, it looks like your party is always going to be DK, Rabbid Peach, and Rabbid Cranky? But also, from the visuals in the trailer, there appear to be multiple level themes, so... more than one new world? Might actually be enough to finally warrant a purchase.

The previews say it’s pretty meaty and hilarious. Rabbid Peach harasses Rabbid Cranky for selfies in the menus.:lol:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Argue posted:

Fixed team makes sense considering taking your endgame Rabbid Mario and Rabbid Luigi into the DLC would probably be a 30 minute clear.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Is there any word on Bluetooth support for headphones?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Without a hint of irony Mario + Rabbids 2 is the sequel game I most want.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That DK Adventure looks pretty cool. It's nice how much they changed up the formula while sticking to it as well. Good job Ubisoft.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That DK Adventure looks pretty cool. It's nice how much they changed up the formula while sticking to it as well. Good job Ubisoft.

I’ve noticed some nice DK64 remixes in the footage. Makes since considering Grant Kirkhope did 64 as well as Rabbids. Seems to be really worthwhile DLC.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They replaced the coins with bananas :allears:

This looks extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Here’s the official trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk9v2oRFb1Y

I wasn’t too excited when they announced it but this looks really good and I’ll get it day one now.

• Locked thread