Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Mafex has the comic Spidey coming, so maybe they'll make some more stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Overwatch Legos sound sick

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I hope they have ML articulation and not Black Series articulation. I’m just glad I can finally have a Junkrat that won’t cost me $80.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I really doubt Hasbro is going to make figures from Overwatch.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I really doubt Hasbro is going to make figures from Overwatch.

With 40 million sold units, I don't think there's any way they don't make Overwatch action figures.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Good Smile distributes Figmas, but they're made by Max Factory. Good Smile being on that list only confirms that Nendoroids are still on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but ever since the figma deal started they've only ever mentioned Good Smile in the press stuff. Max Factory gets credited as the sculptor at most.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

With 40 million sold units, I don't think there's any way they don't make Overwatch action figures.

I mean sure it could happen, but they are probably more interested in diversifying Nerf and Hasbro Gaming.

Cutting in new shelf space for a gaming property is no easy task. Gamers don’t buy toys.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gamestop is a toy store.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

They will 100% make Overwatch figures, they'll probably just start with 3.75" double packs or something to test interest and once that blows up they'll go full ham.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Who cares about Overwatch when Neko Bousou is coming??

https://bandai-hobby.net/news/detail/1031/

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Whoever thought that up is bad and should feel bad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

:wrong:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Those kinda rule

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope there’s a ginger tom one so I can make a Jonsy The Alien Killer toy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

I hope there’s a ginger tom one so I can make a Jonsy The Alien Killer toy.

It's literally in the post I made

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Awesome.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Endless Mike posted:

As a cat supervisor, that’s loving hilarious.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

As a cat supervisor, that’s loving hilarious.

What is a cat supervisor, and how can I be one?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

What is a cat supervisor, and how can I be one?

I have cats living in my house, and they sure as hell don’t act like I “own” them. All I can do is mitigate the damage they do in my their house.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

s.i.r.e. posted:

How's things going in opposite land

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Aphrodite posted:

Hasbro has the master Marvel license and there's still tons of non-Hasbro Marvel products, including figmas. Star Wars too.

It's probably like a right of refusal thing I guess? Hasbro doesn't make building sets, so let Lego have a contract. Maybe they don't consider Figma stuff competition to their product lines.

Is Hasbro's Kre-O still a thing?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Gamers don’t buy toys.

:wtc:

Your typical gamer’s desk is buried in toys. Just look at half the collection pics in this thread.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Is Hasbro's Kre-O still a thing?

Barely.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Guys, the Revoltech Carnage is loving amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kroger Marketplace has a BOGO deal on shitloads of toys right now. Som just went ahead and marked them 50% off. My buddy just bought 30 different MLs after driving around town.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I was in a Kroger last week and the toy aisle was bare. I think they're getting rid of the section.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

I was in a Kroger last week and the toy aisle was bare. I think they're getting rid of the section.

Seems to be thriving here. All three marketplaces had two full aisles.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Endless Mike posted:

Found a website in english, with more photos:

https://www.freshfigures.com/collections/preorders/products/neko-busou-nami-mori
https://www.freshfigures.com/collections/preorders/products/neko-busou-tenko-mori

The english translations are pretty goddamn funny given the products.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

I already have a case of the blind boxes and the one with all the weapons pre-ordered.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blackchamber posted:

I already have a case of the blind boxes and the one with all the weapons pre-ordered.

How much did it run you? More than the pages I linked? I definitely want one of each, these things are ridiculous.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

How much did it run you? More than the pages I linked? I definitely want one of each, these things are ridiculous.

They retail at 500円 a cat. 4000円 a box of 8. Which knowing Japan, the box has every cat.

But HLJ has them for 3400円 so $30.77.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

That page is a bit deceptive since it starts off by showing you the pre-order price of $1.00, and an upfront price of 7.99, however apparently they possess powerful dark magic and can tell whats in each blind-box because they will let you pre-order the set you want. I dont know if retailers get those box maps anymore.

vkeios posted:

They retail at 500円 a cat. 4000円 a box of 8. Which knowing Japan, the box has every cat.

But HLJ has them for 3400円 so $30.77.

Thats where I preordered mine. The Tenkomori (the cat that comes with all the weapon sets) is $11.00 though. The box of 8 is 2 of each set.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Are those things 6" scale?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It says they're 2" tall...so they'd have to be pretty big cats, I think.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuzz posted:

Are those things 6" scale?

Looks like it, yeah. Or at least pretty close

Ivan the Terrible
Feb 10, 2005

iMbatman
Hey goons, broke out the account to sell some of my old crap. This thread is where I whet my figure beak, so thought you guys would be interested. Clearing out a bunch of Toy Biz era Marvel Legends, Spider-Man Classics, X-Men Classics, along with a few Blizz figures and stuff from the NECA The Goon line. Most of them have all the accessories/bases/etc too, check out the thread to get in on it.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Blackchamber posted:

That page is a bit deceptive since it starts off by showing you the pre-order price of $1.00, and an upfront price of 7.99, however apparently they possess powerful dark magic and can tell whats in each blind-box because they will let you pre-order the set you want. I dont know if retailers get those box maps anymore.

Thats where I preordered mine. The Tenkomori (the cat that comes with all the weapon sets) is $11.00 though. The box of 8 is 2 of each set.
Christ. I laughed a little at this so the wife will definitely dig it. So this (Tenkomori) comes with the one cat and all the weapon pieces? Or you can buy the 8 piece box and get doubles of everything but not the tenkmori cat?

Edit: any idea what shipping on something like this is to the US?

sporklift fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 24, 2018

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

sporklift posted:

Christ. I laughed a little at this so the wife will definitely dig it. So this (Tenkomori) comes with the one cat and all the weapon pieces? Or you can buy the 8 piece box and get doubles of everything but not the tenkmori cat?

Edit: any idea what shipping on something like this is to the US?

It looks like each cat comes with some sort of transportation bit and a weapon. So you can order the Tenkomori but you'll only get all the weapons, so if you want all the tank treads or the helicopter blades thing, or that goddamn Roomba tank you need to get the other sets. If you just get the 8 pack I'm sure you can just build your own Meowtal Gear.

No clue on the shipping yet I'm going to let it sit in my warehouse on hlj til my other stuff is able to be bulk shipped. I use SAL but there's plenty of cheaper/slower options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm just gonna get a case and paint the duplicate cats so I can have one that looks like my kitty :3: