Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

pretty sure buying that would leave you with nothing but a CD. I think people buy stuff like that from ebay if their internet connections are crap, and they'd rather install most of the game and then patch it, as opposed to downloading the entire thing on top of patching.

IIRC you need to put a code in that links it directly to your origin account, at least that's what I did when I bought my battlefield games. so yeah, you'll have to buy it new, or get it from cheaper key retail sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaBus
Nov 12, 2013

Qubee posted:

pretty sure buying that would leave you with nothing but a CD. I think people buy stuff like that from ebay if their internet connections are crap, and they'd rather install most of the game and then patch it, as opposed to downloading the entire thing on top of patching.

IIRC you need to put a code in that links it directly to your origin account, at least that's what I did when I bought my battlefield games. so yeah, you'll have to buy it new, or get it from cheaper key retail sites.

Would it even let you install it without validating the key first nowadays?

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
I have an appointment to get something fixed by my car's dealership later this week because of a campaign to fix a fuel tank issue. I learned of this campaign through a letter I got in the mail.
Out of curiosity, I checked to see if there were any other known issues that I should have them look at while I'm there. Turns out there were previously two recalls on the car, but before I bought it (I got the car used two years after these recalls). Should I bring this up while at my appointment just in case? Or is it unnecessary?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

I have an appointment to get something fixed by my car's dealership later this week because of a campaign to fix a fuel tank issue. I learned of this campaign through a letter I got in the mail.
Out of curiosity, I checked to see if there were any other known issues that I should have them look at while I'm there. Turns out there were previously two recalls on the car, but before I bought it (I got the car used two years after these recalls). Should I bring this up while at my appointment just in case? Or is it unnecessary?

Why not bring it up?

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

tuyop posted:

Why not bring it up?

I was probably going to, I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

I was probably going to, I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on it.

The dealer should be able to tell you based on the your VIN whether or not all recalls have been completed.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a bunch of bookmarks to weedmaps, and I want to point a program at a list of URL's, and then scrape the site for data, and put them all in a spreadsheet when I press the update button, essentially, checking all these local dispensaries and giving me the lowest price per oz, or gram or whatever I want to spend. How would I get started on that?

The website looks like this: https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/collective-efforts-grand-open#/menu

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

The dealer should be able to tell you based on the your VIN whether or not all recalls have been completed.

Ah, thank you.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Turtlicious posted:

I have a bunch of bookmarks to weedmaps, and I want to point a program at a list of URL's, and then scrape the site for data, and put them all in a spreadsheet when I press the update button, essentially, checking all these local dispensaries and giving me the lowest price per oz, or gram or whatever I want to spend. How would I get started on that?

The website looks like this: https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/collective-efforts-grand-open#/menu

I cannot believe you are the first person to think of this, are you sure there isn't one out there already?

Also there is or used to be a site like that for ammo, I seem to recall the tfr guys being able to alter what sites it tracked, it was like ammolist.com or something like that.

Edit: if you are the first person to think of this, please call it "BudBargans.com" or "HerbHelper.com, or some other charming alliteration.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

bongwizzard posted:

I cannot believe you are the first person to think of this, are you sure there isn't one out there already?

Also there is or used to be a site like that for ammo, I seem to recall the tfr guys being able to alter what sites it tracked, it was like ammolist.com or something like that.

Edit: if you are the first person to think of this, please call it "BudBargans.com" or "HerbHelper.com, or some other charming alliteration.

GanjaGiveaway.com

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
what is the softest blankets/comforters on amazon

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't have a piano keyboard, but I have a computer and I have an anti-ghosting gaming keyboard, if I wanted to tool around and play music, would I do it through FruitLoops or is there a better program?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Thanatosian posted:

GanjaGiveaway.com

Good!

WeedWizard.com

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not KushKounter with a bud shaped like a bean?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
CannabisCraze.com

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Turtlicious posted:

not KushKounter with a bud shaped like a bean?

I am thinking more like an anthropomorphic abacus with really red eyes, or did southpark squeeze everything out of that general idea?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

wasn't there a "help me find this old gif/youtube/image" thread somewhere?

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Polio Vax Scene posted:

wasn't there a "help me find this old gif/youtube/image" thread somewhere?

This one?

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

bongwizzard posted:

Good!

WeedWizard.com

Don't you mean WeedWizzard?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Turtlicious posted:

I don't have a piano keyboard, but I have a computer and I have an anti-ghosting gaming keyboard, if I wanted to tool around and play music, would I do it through FruitLoops or is there a better program?

You’re on PC? You could check out a free web app like bandlab or audiotool just to get you started but you’re looking at either ableton or FL for PC DAWs afaik.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

It's not really a SA thing. Ah gently caress it I'll ask here. I'm trying to find a vid where two guys are practicing for a street race or something, the one in the passenger seat has papers and is instructing the driver, like "in 50 feet turn left LISTEN TO ME <name>" and they keep running off the road and the passenger keeps getting more and more distressed saying things like "the car is going to fall apart <name> if you do not listen to me".

vv Thanks!

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 23, 2018

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Polio Vax Scene posted:

It's not really a SA thing. Ah gently caress it I'll ask here. I'm trying to find a vid where two guys are practicing for a street race or something, the one in the passenger seat has papers and is instructing the driver, like "in 50 feet turn left LISTEN TO ME <name>" and they keep running off the road and the passenger keeps getting more and more distressed saying things like "the car is going to fall apart <name> if you do not listen to me".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9-voINFkCg

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Are any sites in particular used for commissioned artwork, or is it a "trawl tumblr or something and hope you get lucky" sort of thing?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Ciaphas posted:

Are any sites in particular used for commissioned artwork, or is it a "trawl tumblr or something and hope you get lucky" sort of thing?

DeviantArt's a good way to go.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

fishmech posted:

DeviantArt's a good way to go.

I'm feeble minded, is there any way to search this site just for samples from artists open to commissions?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Ciaphas posted:

I'm feeble minded, is there any way to search this site just for samples from artists open to commissions?

There's a thread in ask/tell where the OP answers questions about doing commissioned art for all kinds of weird-rear end fetishes. There's been no activity in the thread for a few months, but it looks like the OP is still active on the forums, so you might give it a shot; the OP might know some good places to start looking. Even if what you have in mind to commission isn't zebra centaurs with making GBS threads dicknipples.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826161

Qubee
May 31, 2013

-snip-

Qubee fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 23, 2018

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
Doesn't 'native' imply that they grew up with it?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The word “natively” is entirely extraneous in your post

Qubee
May 31, 2013

-snip-

Qubee fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 23, 2018

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Millennials grew up with technology and use it naturally.

If academics rather than humans are the intended audience then your comically overworded sentence is almost good as-is; just get a thesaurus to upgrade a few of the more common words.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Millennials grew up with technology and use it naturally.

If academics rather than humans are the intended audience then your comically overworded sentence is almost good as-is; just get a thesaurus to upgrade a few of the more common words.

This, that sentence is So loving student paper-y.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

yeah it's for a dissertation, I'll just roll with "Millennials grew up with technology and use it naturally."

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

If it’s for a dissertation then I recommend “As a consequence of living and growing since infancy in a world inundated with rapidly advancing technology and spending their formative years in a zhitgeist permeated by electronic presence, Millennials as mature adults now embrace technological progress to an unprecedented extent.”

Qubee
May 31, 2013

that is loving brilliant and I can't stop laughing. thanks for bottling the true essence of student dissertations all over the world into one incredible post, wittiness off the charts.

the sad part is, a small bit of me wants to use it just cause of how official it sounds despite knowing it's absolute overkill.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
Is there a good way to block the near-ubiquitous page overlays websites use these days? I know this is just the current state of eternal war between advertising and internet users so I'm wondering if anyone has worked out a solution yet. I already use ublock origin to avoid seeing ads, and I'm on firefox if that's important.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

You can use ublock's element picker to block specific elements of the overlay, but I've found that to be somewhat janky and may or may not work for long depending on how often the site changes their overlay script.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Is there a thread for small engine repair? I've got a problem with my lawnmower and need some help.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

SkunkDuster posted:

Is there a thread for small engine repair? I've got a problem with my lawnmower and need some help.

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Several years ago there was a game of sorts on the web. You would go to a website - usually consisting of just a still photo - and you had to get a clue from it in order to go to the next site. Sometimes there were sounds on the page while other times you had to click a very specific part of the picture.

Does anybody remember this?