Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
When you review where this chapter went, it's like Mulligan changed his plot plan drastically at least four or five times. Where is Giga Girl? Where is the river of brain sewage? Where is the Barrier?

So lame that this enormous buildup to Patrick's suppressed trauma and his deep-seated case of broke brains is dismissed with a contemptuous remark from Alison :jerkbag:

Crimpolioni posted:

cool and good that the comic started out questioning whether hitting people can truly solve the complex problems of society and after a long and meandering journey settled on the idea that yes, you can just beat up mental illness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Why are there burning ruins? I thought the city was turned into a brain jungle after the barrier broke?

I guess that's only outside the wall? Ah gently caress it

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 22, 2018

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

She literally burned his brainscape to the ground and this is portrayed as a good thing, hoooooly loving poo poo

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Gotta completely destroy a man's old identity to create one that is acceptable to her.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Now hug mommy.
Now hug Allison.
Now hug lord boy.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Pretty calm guy for somebody whose brain is on fire.

I don't remember who the other Patricks in his brain were supposed to be, what are the implications in freudian psychology for having all those parts of your brain brutally murdered.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I thought Real Patrick was the result of the component mixing all his distinct psyches together to create a single, whole person. Having the different personalities exist concurrently with Real Patrick makes no sense.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
loving hell this comic seems to outdo itself in terms of shittiness.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Typical Pubbie posted:

Why are there burning ruins? I thought the city was turned into a brain jungle after the barrier broke?

I guess that's only outside the wall? Ah gently caress it

I’m the godawful art in the first panel that is supposed to be Allison flying

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Crimpolioni posted:

cool and good that the comic started out questioning whether hitting people can truly solve the complex problems of society and after a long and meandering journey settled on the idea that yes, you can just beat up mental illness

The Worst Unicorn
Nov 4, 2009

~*I Sparkle You Sparkle*~
i was expecting the city would be flooded with component, but setting everything on fire is a much better illustration of what allison did

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
And here is the burning ruin of your mind, littered with the corpses of those who dared to defy me

Cool, thanks hon

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

No... not Lord Boy...

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Mental health issues: easily fixable by growing up cause you are being a big baby

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Axe-man posted:

Mental health issues: easily fixable by growing up cause you are being a big baby

If you don't grow up soon, mommy will smack some sense into you.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
She read a book about Rosemary Kennedy in school and thought "I can do better than THAT!"

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I hope she punches her dad's cancer next

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I hope that we go into Allison's mind and basically patrick did all of this to turn Allison into his super hero weapon as a long con.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Axe-man posted:

I hope that we go into Allison's mind and basically patrick did all of this to turn Allison into his super hero weapon as a long con.

This comic has no subtext.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
why don't the melting personality fragments have clevin's face, it's obviously what lord allison wants

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i want all of you to realise and understand that at this very moment, various media executives and high-end screenwriters in nyc and beyond are opening their inboxes to find an email from a chirpy little man named brendan lee mulligan, and inside that email is a ten-page resume and a link to this webcomic

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Burkion posted:

And here is the burning ruin of your mind, littered with the corpses of those who dared to defy me

Cool, thanks hon

SlothfulCobra posted:

Pretty calm guy for somebody whose brain is on fire.

I don't remember who the other Patricks in his brain were supposed to be, what are the implications in freudian psychology for having all those parts of your brain brutally murdered.

As funny as the brain apocalypse is I don't think Lord Boy is actually dying in that strip, just lying down in some burning ruins for some reason.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i want a therapist who beats me up

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
kickboxing therapy, where a trained medical professional beats the poo poo out of your constructed psychopathologies until you are nothing but tender earth, blooming with grasses and ferns

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
see, there were a few seeds of ideas in this chapter but then it all went terribly wrong

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
one of my quail just got decapitated by a magpie and i'm devo

The Worst Unicorn
Nov 4, 2009

~*I Sparkle You Sparkle*~

this broken hill posted:

that sucks a lot

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Q: Are We Not Lord Boys? A: We Are Clevin!

sorry about your quail

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

*punches a starving Somalian child repeatedly*

"You are already fed."

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
When I think about what a metaphor for a healthy mind would look like I envision impenetrable jungles choked with thorny vines, lava flows burning their way through wilderness and civilization alike, and cities reduced to burning rubble littered with bodies.

Allison and Patrick are clearly disquieted by the burning ruins, but their spirits lift as they come upon their fallen enemies.

Allison still hasn't gotten what she came here for.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

The Worst Unicorn posted:

that sucks a lot
it's ok, quail die if you breathe on them so i've sort of built up a protective anti-attachment forcefield, which eventually someone will have to come into my mind and burn for my own good

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
wasn't feral supposed to be helping with this whole brain-destruction thing

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Mulligan forgot about her once her perfect lesbian mind was used to illustrate that patrick was bad and evil.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

this broken hill posted:

wasn't feral supposed to be helping with this whole brain-destruction thing

She's busy being an anime catgirl in her own brain

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Relatable.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

this broken hill posted:

That's genuinely way more tragic and upsetting than anything this comic has ever put out. I'm sorry about your bird. A feral chicken was living in my yard earlier this month but she hopped over the fence with her babies and my neighbor ran them down with his lawn mower. RIP chicken. I got to pet those baby chicks. They were super fluffy.

Cat Mattress posted:

I hope she punches her dad's cancer next

This is probably going to happen.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I'm pretty sure I recall Pintsize offering to punch her dad's cancer, but she turned him down because he has his own money and can pay for the best treatment he can afford like everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

I really can't get over the fact that this was literally one of the dumbest ways this could have been handled and yet the comic stupidly tromped its way here and the writer is proudly smiling and saying "So some bad stuff happened to Patrick, and he did some bad things but look at this! Everything is gonna be okay now, isn't that great?"

At every point, the worst possible decision was chosen for this whole...thing to proceed, in the misguided idea that Patrick, while still being a villain, presumably, was a tortured tragic soul, and that makes it okay for Allison to burn it all down and "fix" him, especially when confronted with the cartoonish evil pat had to put up with, from pedo doctor to sociopath mother casually snapping a dogs neck. I understand the need to make it clear that he was hardened and calloused from environment, not birth, but wow it just feels so poured on. Don't even wanna talk about him trying to kill his parents, I think other people have already gone over why everything about it was just hilariously inept way better than I could.

Also why the gently caress was professor rear end in a top hat in Patrick's mind gallery, are we ever gonna know now that its been razed? Its probably gonna be its own whole loving dumb plot arc that raises more dumbass questions than stupid and boring answers.

It really is something to see a comic that at every turn actively avoids interesting ideas and actions in favor of making sure Allison is always right, as well as making sure that she solves all of her problems with her brute strength, actively making GBS threads on the whole point of the comic in the first place. What a piece of work.

Edit: Didn't even mention the real kicker, the part where Allison just stares at a man who is having a breakdown, at his most vulnerable, and in attempting to make her stoic and tough, just no-sells this emotional moment and comes off as an enormous rear end in a top hat, way to go on that one writer.

Madtrixr fucked around with this message at 11:30 on May 23, 2018

• Locked thread