Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

sourdough posted:

He's going to rush for 3.6 ypc and have single digit touchdowns

Saquon will rush for 3.6ypc but his shortest reception will be a 71yd TD screen pass. And he'll have 50 of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
While not great, in a 2 QB league where you have no playable QBs, moving down 1 pick and swapping Kelce for Jameis makes sense. He can still get a good RB or WR at 1.02 or even go for Darnold or Rosen or whatever. Trading a 1.10 for JuJu+Howard mightn't be crazy. I think that's the bit I don't like.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Could you not just trade Kelce for Jameis straight up?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Could you not just trade Kelce for Jameis straight up?

Nah, trade partner's QBs were Cam, Winston, and Cardale Jones, Kelce alone wouldn't have been near enough. The roster with the deepest QBs has Wilson, Bortles, and Cousins, or another with Dak, Garoppolo, Deshaun Watson, and Trubisky, everyone else has at best 2 starters and a third guy with bad long term prospects, like Keenum, Tyrod, or McCown. I'm likely going to take Mayfield at pick 2 and Rosen and Darnold with later 1sts if they fall.

And yeah, trading away late 1sts or early 2nds like pick 10 this year is tough, because either ~4 QBs go before you and it's more like pick 6 or 8 or whatever in a 1 QB league, or a QB drops and you get a top 10 NFL pick QB at the scarcest position.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also don't be afraid to trade for 2nd/3rd year players (particularly WRs) who people might have soured on. Players like Davante Adams and Nelson Agholar took awhile to develop. Look for players who were drafted early in 2016 and have underperformed their position. Corey Coleman, Will Fuller, Josh Doctson, and Laquon Treadwell were 2016 first round picks. You could probably get Treadwell for nothing and Doctson would be cheap.

I can get Treadwell for a 5th rounder. You think that's a good move? Treadwell costs $2 this year, and I doubt there's much chance of getting a useful player in the 5th round of a rookie draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

I can get Treadwell for a 5th rounder. You think that's a good move? Treadwell costs $2 this year, and I doubt there's much chance of getting a useful player in the 5th round of a rookie draft.

I would.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I pulled the trigger thanks fam

Edit: Wore him down into accepting a 6th instead of a 5th

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Good job.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
So the knocks on Baker Mayfield seem to be (1) he's 1-2" shorter than we'd want (if he was 6'3", he'd have been unanimous QB1) and (2) he plays for the Cleveland Browns. In terms of his actual on field play, are there genuine negatives?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

sourdough posted:

So the knocks on Baker Mayfield seem to be (1) he's 1-2" shorter than we'd want (if he was 6'3", he'd have been unanimous QB1) and (2) he plays for the Cleveland Browns. In terms of his actual on field play, are there genuine negatives?

He might also be a raging rear end in a top hat. The question is, is he a Cade McNown level rear end in a top hat or an Aaron Rodgers level rear end in a top hat.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

He might also be a raging rear end in a top hat. The question is, is he a Cade McNown level rear end in a top hat or an Aaron Rodgers level rear end in a top hat.

I guess him being a massive dickhead could matter, but it feels kind of like his height in that it hasn't seemed to be a problem yet (balls getting batted down at los, teammates punching him in the face or dropping his passes out of spite).

I also don't quite know how worried to be about Rosen's health, but right now he's my clear #2. Darnold's turnovers seem more worrisome and the lack of talent on the Jets offense is ridiculous, though that could improve fairly quickly in dynasty terms.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

sourdough posted:

(balls getting batted)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
After switching 3 of my keeper leagues to dynasty and having 80% of my leagues be IDP...

I'm really not looking forward to my 2 main redraft leagues this year. They are going to be so boring.

Zauper and I are secretly going to dominate this 96 team dynasty were are co-owning though. Once he gets off that newborn daddy schedule we will kick the trades into overdrive.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Alfalfa posted:

Zauper and I are secretly going to dominate this 96 team dynasty were are co-owning though. Once he gets off that newborn daddy schedule we will kick the trades into overdrive.

Secretly, being a new dad gives you fantasy super powers. The season after each of my kids was born were my best seasons basically ever.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Oh hey, I won a championship the year my daughter was born but none in the decade since :smith:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

on the bored wop posted:

Oh hey, I won a championship the year my daughter was born but none in the decade since :smith:

Time to have more babies then. You know for FF.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Alfalfa posted:

Time to have more babies then. You know for FF.

I'm getting married in September and finishing grad school next spring. After that it's babies and championships!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

How doable is one top five pick? Or the guy with first overall. Because if I'm you, trading Kelce for Barkley is a potential home run.

If not that, the Michel, Penny, Chubb and Guice all could be solid consolation prizes. RB1 is a serious need.

I just agreed to a trade to send Kelce for a lottery first round pick (Will be #1 - #5 overall). However it's first overall protected so if it turns out to be #1 overall the deal is off. I figure this is as good a deal as I will get for him. I get a top 5 rookie RB, or end up keeping Kelce.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

I just agreed to a trade to send Kelce for a lottery first round pick (Will be #1 - #5 overall). However it's first overall protected so if it turns out to be #1 overall the deal is off. I figure this is as good a deal as I will get for him. I get a top 5 rookie RB, or end up keeping Kelce.

I think that's a solid deal.

Now what about Evans? Were you able to hose the new owner into taking him?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

I think that's a solid deal.

Now what about Evans? Were you able to hose the new owner into taking him?

Edit: Got mixed up.

He originally agreed to trade me Chris Thompson ($2) and Marquise Lee ($2) for Evans ($55), but since I was sure he didn't fully grasp the salary cap / draft / increasing salary rules, I told him to make sure he can afford him, and to thoroughly read the rules. He then said he would have to crunch the numbers to make sure, and he would get back to me. I think there's a good chance he will still accept the trade, but not sure as of right now. I wouldn't have felt right if I hosed the guy over just because he didn't understand the rules fully, and I run the league, so that would have looked pretty lovely.

I have someone who offered me Cohen ($2) and Perine ($5) for Evans ($55). I can accept that as a backup if the first trade falls through.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 22, 2018

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

That is a pretty solid return. It sucks not getting a shot at Barkley, but I'm not the biggest fan anyway. Also, I have terrible opinions and will undoubtedly be proven wrong.

RCarr posted:

Edit: Got mixed up.

He originally agreed to trade me Chris Thompson ($2) and Marquise Lee ($2) for Evans ($55), but since I was sure he didn't fully grasp the salary cap / draft / increasing salary rules, I told him to make sure he can afford him, and to thoroughly read the rules. He then said he would have to crunch the numbers to make sure, and he would get back to me. I think there's a good chance he will still accept the trade, but not sure as of right now. I wouldn't have felt right if I hosed the guy over just because he didn't understand the rules fully, and I run the league, so that would have looked pretty lovely.

I have someone who offered me Cohen ($2) and Perine ($5) for Evans ($55). I can accept that as a backup if the first trade falls through.

Perine is garbage, but Cohen is my bae. That's a solid back up offer. I still like the first one more, because of Thompson AND Lee.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

Perine is garbage, but Cohen is my bae. That's a solid back up offer. I still like the first one more, because of Thompson AND Lee.

I like the first a lot more, as it's two playable guys. The second is like half a playable guy.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea the first offer is definitely much better, but if the alternative is dropping Evans and getting nothing in return, I will gladly take Cohen.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ben Nevis posted:

I like the first a lot more, as it's two playable guys. The second is like half a playable guy.

RCarr posted:

Yea the first offer is definitely much better, but if the alternative is dropping Evans and getting nothing in return, I will gladly take Cohen.

Cohen is gonna get a lot of PPR looks. Anytime Nagy talks about him, he sounds like a middle school kid trying to hide his erection.

My first instinct was that I'd probably cut Perine, but I wouldn't. Even if Guice hits, he's one injury away from making Perine relevant.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I hope people are changing their team names to Wheezing the Guice

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Also there's a chance I end up with Guice depending on where that lottery pick I'm trading Kelce for lands, so having his handcuff wouldn't be the worst thing.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Pretty sure fat rob still has the lead on the 2 down back...backup job over perine.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is MFL the only site for dynasty leagues that has a salary cap system where it won’t let you make a move that puts you over the cap?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Zauper posted:

Pretty sure fat rob still has the lead on the 2 down back...backup job over perine.

I'm not at all sure that's settled.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
working out some potential things in my head currently about keeper assets

I have to decide between 2 of these in a 1 PPR league, draft round and pick are included. If i pick 2 of the 10.9s, one will become 9.4

Thinking Cook for sure, but the 2nd one is a bit of a toss up especially due to it being a full PPR league and i just know i'm gonna end up picking the wrong one.

Dalvin Cook (3.4)
Marlon Mack (10.9)
Tarik Cohen (10.9)
Alex Collins (10.9)
Duke Johnson (10.9)

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I think I've got them ordered Collins, Mack, Johnson, Cohen. Collins and Mack (in that order, IMO) are the ones with the best chance to lock up the lion's share of that job. Johnson had a real good role last year, but with the addition of Hyde and Chubb (and maybe Landry eating up short targets) it's hard to tell how that all shakes out. To elaborate on my Cohen dislike from earlier, I think he's going to be unpredictably boom and bust. It's hard for me to envision a small dude like that having a huge role, but he can certainly be explosive.

Fundamentally, I agree though, whichever you pick will be wrong.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea, my biggest worry with Mack so far is if Hines will be the 3rd down/passing down back in Indy. If that's the case that severely reduces Mack's upside in a full PPR league, though i guess that won't be fully clear until we get closer.

I guess there's also Turbin's threat of stealing TD's as well.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I expect Indy to use an ugly 3 or 4-back committee. It's what Frank Reich used with the Eagles and between Mack, Turbin, Hines, and Jordan Wilkins, they really don't have one or two guys that can do everything (including pass protect) so they will likely do a lot of mixing and matching.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Is there a website where i can mock draft similar to the fantasypros mock draft, but i can do it for all 12 teams simultaneously?

yea i'm a bored fucker with computer access at work.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:lol: Hunter Henry out for the season. Good thing I just traded Kelce!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

:lol: Hunter Henry out for the season. Good thing I just traded Kelce!

That boy was going to get 100 targets. Holy hell.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

That boy was going to get 100 targets. Holy hell.

now Keenan Allen gets 300 targets

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Gates is FA. He now gets 12M a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Is MFL the only site for dynasty leagues that has a salary cap system where it won’t let you make a move that puts you over the cap?

You can set a soft cap in MFL.

Also sucks about Henry dude. :suicide: time to move Evans for TE’s