Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ToastyPotato posted:

I never minded his costume tbh.

I was ok with the season 2 costume, but the one at the end season 1 was comically bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Probably some sort of flashback.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Lurdiak posted:

I was ok with the season 2 costume, but the one at the end season 1 was comically bad.

I gotta be honest, I didn't even realize there was a difference until people kept pointing it out, since it's in Season 1 so briefly and there was a bit of a gap between seasons. The mask was definitely improved from what I can see though. I also like how trying to find a good photo of both costumes for comparison is apparently illegal as gently caress because holy poo poo does simply typing what you'd expect into google not work.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

ToastyPotato posted:

We should hope.

Also, I hope they cast someone who is in decent shape and can actually do reasonable choreography. One of my biggest pet peeves with Legion is that they have a character whose sole character trait is "rear end kicker" and they cast a woman who can barely throw a punch to play her.

Speaking of Legion, I am not enjoying this season as much as the first. I feel like it is trying too hard to be weird and artistic, to the detriment of the story. I felt like last season's weirdness elevated the narrative, while this year's weirdness seems to hamstring it. But I guess at this point they are probably more than happy to cater to the "LOL SO WEIRD LOL" crowd as well as insufferable film students. It's interesting because the fembots look like Sonny Bono and sound like Portal! ART! I'm hoping it all comes together in a coherent way but I feel like I remember understanding a lot more about that show by this point last season compared to this season. A satisfying explanation could pretty much reverse my opinion, and I think there is a good chance of one, but watching week to week is getting tiresome. This week's episode was particularly tiresome, especially after last week's pretty great episode.

This week was a bit disappointing but mainly in light of last week which was easily the height of the show. Actually pretty much episodes 4-6 of this season easily beats anything else on tv currently.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Danger posted:

This week was a bit disappointing but mainly in light of last week which was easily the height of the show. Actually pretty much episodes 4-6 of this season easily beats anything else on tv currently.

I haven’t watched this weeks yet, but last week was some of the best TV I’ve seen.

I understand why some people are not grooving with S2 of Legion (MY PLOT!), but the things they don’t like about it are exactly why I think this show will be in my top 2 or 3 shows for a long time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

His black looked like the Daredevil costume from "The Trial of the Incredible Hulk" so I could never take it seriously

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's Thursday night and four different comic book series aired across three networks and none of them were connected.

Amazing.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
It's 2018 God damnit! Can we stop avoiding costumes?

I'll gladly take a bad costume over an excuse to not have one, it's the genre, if they bother people there are plenty of other shows to watch.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

It's Thursday night and four different comic book series aired across three networks and none of them were connected.

Amazing.

I sorta assume Arrow is going to end the season in jail and I really want them to rip off Brubaker's "Devil in Cell Block D" for the season opener.

They've ripped enough off Batman, the should steal from Red Batman too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I'll gladly take a bad costume over an excuse to not have one, it's the genre, if they bother people there are plenty of other shows to watch.

Yea I don't get this either. It's like they've completely missed the last decade or something.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

But it's a costume? People don't dress like that in real life. Unless you mean it's not the OG Comic Daredevil costume.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Davros1 posted:

His black looked like the Daredevil costume from "The Trial of the Incredible Hulk" so I could never take it seriously

They are both most likely a reference to the Frank Miller Man Without Fear outfit

Lamont fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 18, 2018

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Samuringa posted:

But it's a costume? People don't dress like that in real life. Unless you mean it's not the OG Comic Daredevil costume.

And a great copout

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lamont posted:

They are both most likely a reference to the Frank Miller Man Without Fear outfit

No. The TV film predates that mini series.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007

Rhyno posted:

No. The TV film predates that mini series.

Huh, you're right! For some reason I always assumed that the miniseries was done not long after Miller's first DD run.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lamont posted:

Huh, you're right! For some reason I always assumed that the miniseries was done not long after Miller's first DD run.

Didn't mean to sound lovely about it! I was one-hand phone posting!

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Didn't mean to sound lovely about it! I was one-hand phone posting!

No worries, didn't read anything bad into it!

I wanna go read me some Miller DD now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/vincentdonofrio/status/997893108024082438

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's Krypton introduced a weird twist into the story of the houses of El and Zod, having Dru-Zod be the son of Seg-El. Meaning that he is Jor-El's half brother.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I guess I gotta get caught up on Gotham then.

https://twitter.com/comicbook/status/998658186130411521?s=21

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

They are introducing 4 new villians too. Ventriloquist and Lady Shiva are 2 of them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm catching up on Supergirl and there's a flashback episode where Kara and Alex are still teenagers, and there's a minor shout out to Chloe Sullivan from Smallville (I know she was created for that show, but has she been in any other versions of Superman?). I'm guessing that was aired before the actress was arrested for sex trafficking.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Before she was arrested, I think, but everyone knew it was coming for a year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chloe did make it into the DCU but I think she got wiped by Flashpoint. And after what's happened to Mack there's no way they'd bring the character back now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

Before she was arrested, I think, but everyone knew it was coming for a year.

It was just a weird thing that took me out of an episode about teenage sisters bonding. It was like a minor version of randomly coming across an episode of The Cosby Show where he teaches his son the importance of respecting women.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I hadn't heard about the Mack thing until after it had aired. I assume most people didn't know what was happening with her until the story got bigger. It wasn't mentioned in this thread until after it aired as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

I hadn't heard about the Mack thing until after it had aired. I assume most people didn't know what was happening with her until the story got bigger. It wasn't mentioned in this thread until after it aired as well.

It didn't blow up until recently but it's been one of those "oh this can't be true" sort of things for the last two years.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Using this conversation as an excuse to post this stupid sketch I made
https://youtu.be/ut3xH9vmNnw

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Unmature posted:

Wait, gently caress, that's Tom Welling as Cain on Lucifer. Holy poo poo, no wonder no one called him to be Superman on Supergirl. He doesn't look bad, but he doesn't look like Superman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Wait, gently caress, that's Tom Welling as Cain on Lucifer. Holy poo poo, no wonder no one called him to be Superman on Supergirl. He doesn't look bad, but he doesn't look like Superman.

He was really goddamned fat for a while. When the casting of Superman came up he hit the gym really hard (Stephen Amell liked to share Welling's workout posts) but it was too late so we got Tiny Clark instead.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

He was really goddamned fat for a while. When the casting of Superman came up he hit the gym really hard (Stephen Amell liked to share Welling's workout posts) but it was too late so we got Tiny Clark instead.

I liked that guy much more than Welling! And he's only tiny compared to Henry Cavill.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I liked that guy much more than Welling! And he's only tiny compared to Henry Cavill.

Despite what Hollywood says, he's 5'10" at most. But I do like Tiny Clark quite a bit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Despite what Hollywood says, he's 5'10" at most. But I do like Tiny Clark quite a bit.

That's giant by Hollywood standards. Veronica Lake had to walk in a ditch for certain scenes she shot with Alan Ladd. I do agree about Tiny Clark.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

That's giant by Hollywood standards. Veronica Lake had to walk in a ditch for certain scenes she shot with Alan Ladd. I do agree about Tiny Clark.

I met Brandon Routh in April and he's a giant compared to most other celebs I've encountered in person. I just like pointing out that Tiny Clark is a very accurate description.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I briefly thought you guys were talking about Peter Weller and got very confused.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Continuing my Supergirl binge, they have a character who screams in one episode, they have sound resistant things to stop her, she disappears and then shows up in the next episode to stop them from catching a different villain. They know she's on the loose and connected to the other villain, why don't they have the sound proofing thing on them at all times? Maybe in a belt, holding utilitarian items to stop villains?

Also don't like Mon-El's costume.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Unmature posted:

Wait, who was Michael Rosenbaum in GOTG2? Left me hanging there?

Also, how many people involved with the Talking Simpsons/What a cartoon crew are Goons?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

Also, how many people involved with the Talking Simpsons/What a cartoon crew are Goons?

One of the old guardians/reavers, the ice one

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

One of the old guardians/reavers, the ice one

Oh cool. I'm hoping we'll see them again in the 3rd one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Hank's not. Which is why I can say anything I want about him here. Even that he's a wonderful man with a lovely home.