Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I guess that’s what that means, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
While I would like a 2nd Elfreeda TMR, I'm not sure it's worth running the risk of a 2nd Cloud. Particularly not when we've got a lot of good banners coming with more relevant characters.

New raid seems boring too.

At least the new story content will be decent.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I could use a 2nd Elfreeda myself but, especially with no item reset there’s 0 temptation for me to pull on this banner and there’s very little chance I’ll even run the KM event unless they add something new to grab. It has been about 5 months(?!) since he was released so at least it’s a bit of catch up for new players I guess.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
The new raid has a 79 MAG throwing weapon which is great for VoL. Also, with the raid summon I'll finally get the shards to awaken my third Kelsus.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Hmm, either guaranteed a cloud or an elfreeda stmr...nah

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I’ll skip, I’d love a cloud materia and even another elf but its a high price to pay for something that just my 7* Fry could potentially use.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Yeah, after seeing that step up, I decided to actually do a full lap on Sephiroth. Managed to get him as the guaranteed on-banner, TGC #3 on step 2, and Ramza #2 as the regular guaranteed 5*. I wanted Sephiroth for his katana, and a 7* bard is a good bonus prize (especially considering I never got Roy or Lunera). Now to build my lapis back up to 75k again....

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Welp, I’m extremely tempted by this rerun. I never got Elfreeda off the original banner, or the IWD banner.
I have 2 Clouds, but I really want some Marshall Gloves..

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

These reruns have nothing for me, unless the bring back the Exploration, since I wasn't able to get Cloud's Uniform last time. Not that I think I can get it this time, either...

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
seems like a tempting banner because i have three Elfreeda’s and no Cloud... but isn’t Buster Style a future King Mog reward? how far out are we from that?

I hope those raid coins sell decently because gently caress those original characters and their TMRs. And aside from the thrown weapon all the new equips seem like total trash.

any good killers on 3* ramuh or shiva or do they remain benchwarmers?

goddamn they took down the supercite expedition.

new kind of cat fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 23, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FINALLY got the Ice Birb. Thank you, Dragonturtle!

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Mr. Swoon posted:

I got your hookup.

Ahhhh you pull through again, Swoon!

40 rounds later and that bastard Moon goes down. would have gone quicker but he spawned a satellite immediately at the start of phase 2 so i had one not lined up hp wise with the others. ended up with a fresh spawn when Moon was sub 10% and i had to stall and focus fire that one down before killing the whole crew. glad that’s over.

GL sakura owns owns owns and I wish I had one of her instead of CG sakura, whom i originally thought was going to carry me on this trial only to find out her non elemental aoe is not a chainer.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Kheldarn posted:

These reruns have nothing for me, unless the bring back the Exploration, since I wasn't able to get Cloud's Uniform last time. Not that I think I can get it this time, either...

They almost certainly will for week 2. They'd be stupid not to, anyway.

new kind of cat posted:

seems like a tempting banner because i have three Elfreeda’s and no Cloud... but isn’t Buster Style a future King Mog reward? how far out are we from that?

I hope those raid coins sell decently because gently caress those original characters and their TMRs. And aside from the thrown weapon all the new equips seem like total trash.

goddamn they took down the supercite expedition.

I know I saw it when I was playing on JP briefly - it was during the Reagan banner. So something like 5-8 weeks away if they follow suit here.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Ugato posted:

I know I saw it when I was playing on JP briefly - it was during the Reagan banner. So something like 5-8 weeks away if they follow suit here.

here’s hoping that stays true. i’d rather farm the currency to buy it from a shop than to farm it off a character. just gonna hoard tickets and pass on this rerun.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

No restock, even tickets, is :negative: but with two simultaneous trials (refights mind) hopefully somebody at gumi is thinking that being way behind on trials isn't necessarily a good thing.

The raid banner has the fan submission characters back with Kelsus being in the raid gacha and a new character Ukiyo. Nothing exciting and if we can craft multiple Elven Staves then the Clown Staff can be safely depreciated.

new kind of cat posted:

Ramuh gets magic stone and demon 50% killers, MAG break removal, EXP+25%, a 3x ST lighting magic ability, and some extra magic. Shiva doesn't get any killers but she gets SPR break removal, two -40% AoE breaks paired into ATK&MAG and DEF&SPR, some more magic, a 3x ST ice magic ability, and 50% stop resist? I think it's a passive. Both also have +stats% and +summondamage% and their respective +element% resist passives too.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Am I correct in thinking that in regard to Summon damage, the best course of action is just to wait for Bahamut 2*?

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Kheldarn posted:

FINALLY got the Ice Birb. Thank you, Dragonturtle!

No problem! Glad you managed to get the full clear so you can abuse frozen hurricane in arena :getin:

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Am I correct in thinking that in regard to Summon damage, the best course of action is just to wait for Bahamut 2*?

Bahamut 2* isn't even out in JP yet

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

Since Bahamut 2* still hasn't been released in JP it might be better to wait and roll with Levi 3*. The multiplier doesn't go up much (x380 to x400) but does get the usual 2 +50% summon damage passives, higher base stats, and higher max level (x1.6). You might have to give up Spirit & Aquatic Killer+ on Levi though. Hard to say otherwise until Bahamut 2* comes out.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Scrublord Prime posted:

No restock, even tickets, is :negative: but with two simultaneous trials (refights mind) hopefully somebody at gumi is thinking that being way behind on trials isn't necessarily a good thing.

I think it's better to think of it as the MK event coming back just being a bonus. As much as the reddit denizens seem to lose their mind over everything needing to be TDH, it feels like a formerly non-existant step up with the TDH poster children is at least in some ways playing to them. I doubt it's directly in response to Sephiroth because that would be incredibly fast. considering it's re-using an already existing banner and exactly the same step up we just had, it's possible I suppose.

But the point is it feels like the MK event wasn't really part of the plan; just added as an after thought. Sucks that those of us around for it the first time don't get stuff, but I suppose giving things to people who weren't around is better than just not having the event at all. I'll be annoyed if the daily is to do 3 clears of it, though.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I feel like at least restocking the moogles/cactuars/materials would have been fair but I'm guessing the game is going to just pull from the data it already has for you so that would have been an extra step of work that they just don't care to do.

I mean, it is in the middle of 2 trials, new story content, and a raid so if there was a time to do it; now is fine.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ugato posted:

I think it's better to think of it as the MK event coming back just being a bonus. As much as the reddit denizens seem to lose their mind over everything needing to be TDH, it feels like a formerly non-existant step up with the TDH poster children is at least in some ways playing to them. I doubt it's directly in response to Sephiroth because that would be incredibly fast. considering it's re-using an already existing banner and exactly the same step up we just had, it's possible I suppose.

But the point is it feels like the MK event wasn't really part of the plan; just added as an after thought. Sucks that those of us around for it the first time don't get stuff, but I suppose giving things to people who weren't around is better than just not having the event at all. I'll be annoyed if the daily is to do 3 clears of it, though.

You put way more thought into that than I did, I just want more tickets to hoard :v: It is true that it's a good sign to see a return of KM events, I think this is sooner than when JP did it with one of the Type Zeros? We just need a repeat of the older KMs with good stuff like Kiyomori, Defender's Daggers, etc. . And yeah, TDH banner repeat with new step up is pretty intentional. At first I was kinda tempted to throw some tickets into the abyss, when it first came around I mostly skipped it since TDH was all 5* TMR territory but since then I got Cloud and E.Aileen and Marshal's Gloves are the last big piece I'm missing for TDH gear.

e: quote for slow postin'

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 23, 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Guess I shouldn’t sell old currency from now on...

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

hagie posted:

Guess I shouldn’t sell old currency from now on...

Eh, if you've been around long enough to see it repeat, it's likely pretty trivial to refarm it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lots of stuff goes away after tomorrow, full list here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8lkrbe/gl_maintenance_what_is_ending_and_when/

End in maintenance :
(none)
End the day after maint:
[Event] FFVII Mog King- Nibelheim

[Event] FFVII MK Trial Mt-Nibel- Exploration

[Event] Sephiroth Arrival Special- Special Login Bonus

[Event] Sephiroth Arrival Special- 1/2 energy cost for story mission

[Event] Sephiroth Arrival Special- All chamber open

[Event] Sephiroth Arrival Special- Amazing Enhancement

[Banner] FFBE Raid: Vision of Bahamut Re-run summon

[Banner] FFVII Sephiroth banner (Sephiroth, Lila, Shylt, Mim) + step up

[Bundle] Fountain of Lapis

[Bundle] Classified Research

[Bundle] Intense Training

[Weekly] Arena and Expeditions Relic

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

werdnam posted:

Eh, if you've been around long enough to see it repeat, it's likely pretty trivial to refarm it.

Especially if you're like me and forgot to spend any of my Rayjack(?) event currency. I'm sure that'll come back at some point, what with the game it's based on having shut down... :shepicide:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ramuh/Shiva killer Tidus is up as friend:

Diablos is my esper for the extra Mankiller.

Cleared out some slots if anybody wants to send me an invite.

As you can see I desperately need one more Elfreeda. Here are the odds for the step up per Reddit:

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?

Ugato posted:

They almost certainly will for week 2. They'd be stupid not to, anyway.

As in the full TMR or a 5% Trust Moogle?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Do Man Killer and Man Killer+ not stack?

I put up a killer Ang.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

DaMangoSentinel posted:

As in the full TMR or a 5% Trust Moogle?

Jut the full TMR, like we’ve gotten DH, DW and Dualcast so far

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caps win tonight with four goals so I burned four 4* tickets!

The fourth ticket came down:

LETA GO CAPS BABY!!!!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

BDawg posted:

Do Man Killer and Man Killer+ not stack?

I put up a killer Ang.

They stack, +125% damage vs humans up to +300%.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Ugh, maintenance in the middle of my Bloody Moon attempts.

I can get the Moon down to 52% with three Trance Terras, but then I think my defense strategy starts to fall apart.

Maybe stick some Spirit/Demon Slayer+ in there somewhere? I have the Cursed Mouthpeice.

When is 7*?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Ugh, maintenance in the middle of my Bloody Moon attempts.

I can get the Moon down to 52% with three Trance Terras, but then I think my defense strategy starts to fall apart.

Maybe stick some Spirit/Demon Slayer+ in there somewhere? I have the Cursed Mouthpeice.

When is 7*?

What problem are you having? If you have a mag tank with reraise on them, a provoke tank, and rikku for the transition into phase 2 you shouldn't have any problems. My Miss T has really bad gear for a mag tank and would occasionally die, but as long as I kept reraise up no one else would ever really take damage.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
We might be in for a fun one. The game came up for probably 10 minutes then got shut down for emergency maintenance.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

I spent my 90% Blue ticket on the CG Lid banner and it actually cracked Blue --> Gold --> Rainbow, giving me my second Rainbow drop of the CG Lid banner.

The first was Lila.

Today's was Sephiroth.

What the hell is going on with this game?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I put together a second copy of ToonMan’s Tidus since he’s a great Ramuh killer. I’ll swap later this weekend to Sephiroth with Deathbringer for some sweet 250% human killer action for Shiva.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

90% Blue Ticket gave me another Mim.

Ramuh seems easy enough with a magic tank and ToonMan's excellent Tidus, Shiva on the other hand completely destroyed me the first time I tried her.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Yeah, apparently you really need some solid ice resistance on top of AoE physical tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I managed through Shiva with a magic tank and Ramza breaking attack. Was able to live most of the time, but people still occasionally dropped. CG Fina and reraise/full life was able to get people to recover.

• Locked thread