Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

I will find the thief and cut him down -- he will be no match for my Level 50 Ganondorf.

[Gimli voice] And my Level 20 Atrocitus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Pablo Nergigante posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

In red steel two, there was a level in Texas or something with Japanese ninjas fighting you who said “go home Gaijin” lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ween posted:

In red steel two, there was a level in Texas or something with Japanese ninjas fighting you who said “go home Gaijin” lol

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i remember in red steel 1, late into the game you sneak into a factory and theres just one dude in plainclothes there working the boxes in the back and he goes "oh gently caress!" and picks up a bat and the game goes into Honor Duel mode and you draw your katana

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Sure why not lol. The second game that used the wiimote+ ran like poo poo but was honestly pretty cool , wayyy better than the first

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

i remember in red steel 1, late into the game you sneak into a factory and theres just one dude in plainclothes there working the boxes in the back and he goes "oh gently caress!" and picks up a bat and the game goes into Honor Duel mode and you draw your katana

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

Sure why not lol. The second game that used the wiimote+ ran like poo poo but was honestly pretty cool , wayyy better than the first

Yeah I had a lot of fun with it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

for some reason when i remember the bat guy he's dressed as Ness 10 years Later but that cant possibly be right

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

extremebuff posted:

for some reason when i remember the bat guy he's dressed as Ness 10 years Later but that cant possibly be right

now im doubting its even in the game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

He has a red hat but that's about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvhPuFviYP4&t=257s

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao thats why

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I remember I bought Red Steel with my Wii on launch night and played it for like 12 minutes and hated it and I don't think I ever played it again.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cobalt Viper posted:

I remember I bought Red Steel with my Wii on launch night and played it for like 12 minutes and hated it and I don't think I ever played it again.

you missed out on the one cool part of the game where you go to a madman's mansion and shoot men in neon glowing bunny suits and dinosaur costumes, have sword duels with plastic lightsabers and some of this happens on indoor rollercoaster rides and ski lodges

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
love to capture Keeps

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

50 Respects

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I'm going to buy Hyrule warriors this weekend.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

amazon should get it to me today and i'll get it tomorrow inshallah

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I gotta finish the last bit of the campaign to get the last subweapon/toon link so I can keep rolling through Adventure Mode. Man this game is good, the story missions are a little too long for my tastes though lol -- I much prefer the 10 or 15 minute structure of adventure mode maps

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm not looking forward to playing through story mode again but I'm pretty sure you need to for unlocks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You need to do everything to get the wind waker items which is what I'm running through now but I just wanna play adventure mode

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah theres a bunch of unlocks tied to the campaign. whatever, it wont take super long skipping cutscenes

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i cant loving wait to drop the moon on a guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Young link has a attack combo that lets you juggle people indefinitely if they're pinned against a wall which is cool

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

In Training posted:

You need to do everything to get the wind waker items which is what I'm running through now but I just wanna play adventure mode

adventure mode is so good. some of the missions to unlock the 4-star weapons are really challenging.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm not looking forward to playing through story mode again but I'm pretty sure you need to for unlocks

Yeah the Switch version has all the characters you play as in story mode + Ruto unlocked from the start except for the Wind Waker characters, so you can get pretty far in adventure mode but eventually you'll need the hammer to beat the giant bird boss and to get that you need to beat all the story missions to unlock the Wind Waker epilogue.

edit: plus I don't think there's any way to fight Wind Waker mobs before that so you're locked out of the badge upgrades for any characters that need those parts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The very first square of wind waker adventure map is just a fight against the bird so you can't unlock any WW characters until you finish legend mode anyway.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/999364951532687360?s=21

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

The very first square of wind waker adventure map is just a fight against the bird so you can't unlock any WW characters until you finish legend mode anyway.

You can absolutely brute force the bird without he hammer on that square but on harder maps it would suck to do . Manually ending a Focus Spirit mode by pressing A before you run out of meter does an attack that forces the weak point gauge to appear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

hell Im gonna go do it right now just to defy Nintendo and God

edit: killed Helmaroc King hammerless in 1 minute and 39 seconds :cool:

goferchan fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 23, 2018