Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

prom candy posted:

How do I get explosive weapon eliminations? I feel like I only get a rocket launcher at all like maybe 1/20 games.

If it's a challenge, you can cheese it by throwing grenades at downed players.

I get most of my explosive kills these days with sticky grenades. I always take them if I'm playing squads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

prom candy posted:

How do I get explosive weapon eliminations? I feel like I only get a rocket launcher at all like maybe 1/20 games.

Wait for the explosives only mode this season.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
spam grenade launchers at enemy buildings and randomly get kills every now and then

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

DarkDobe posted:

Oh that's already in. Same flux cost as Heroes. Maybe we can do survivors one day too!

Oh nice, I must have missed that. Yeah, hopefully survivors next.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

prom candy posted:

This is somewhat easier in 50 v 50 while it lasts. Near the end of most rounds it's a giant cluster of broken buildings and dropped loot and you can usually find grenades and just chuck them at groups of enemies for an easy kill or two. Or you can get randomly pistol sniped from across the map while picking up the grenades and get no kill at all. 50/50.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
We were stealing internet from a neighbor (he gave us his password). He moved out.

Woof. Gonna have to man up and get internet service to play my fortnite.

*kicks can down the road*

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Decided to solo the solid gold squads LTM in order to complete the “Center circle x3” challenge. Ended up not only completing that challenge, but also got my trap elimination challenge completed AND won the match (with two kills lol).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tei posted:

More than that. They are adding a new type of items. That change how you play and give you some sort of powers.

One of the jetpack, the other is a wheater station that tell you where the next storm circle will center.

Wait, weather station? I thought that BR patchnotes mentioned only jet pack.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

DarkDobe posted:

Oh that's already in. Same flux cost as Heroes. Maybe we can do survivors one day too!

It's just expensive as hell, kinda surprised that it costs 100 for weapons, too. Although they did double the Flux this week, I'm hoping for the sake of the game that it's a permanent change.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there some trick to aiming the clinger that I'm missing? I haven't managed to stick anybody regardless of the range, but I'm getting stuck by people from AR ranges and it's not like I'm just sitting still for them.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
At this point I'm pretty sure there is no accurate shooting in this game.

Just shoot and hope you hit.

(My sniper game is so bad.)

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Seditiar posted:

It's just expensive as hell, kinda surprised that it costs 100 for weapons, too. Although they did double the Flux this week, I'm hoping for the sake of the game that it's a permanent change.

Oh it's way overcosted for guns. It could cost 25 flux for weapons and probably be fine.
Considering that when you Epic > Lego a gun, you get the random-rear end passive which will probably be '5 headshots in a row' garbage.
I feel like afflic / snare are the only two good ones - since they have a weapon perk that deals more damage to same.
Explosion on headshot has a niche on high damage sniper rifles, though (and is hilarious for this).
Maybe if they let regular guns get some of the fancier effects like spawning explosions, or the plain old 30% while zoomed that the heartseeker has... I can dream.
To that end it'd be nice if we could reroll our event weapons, too - but I don't see that happening unless they become obtainable regularly. I'm still bitter that I missed out on the neon scythe and launcher.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 11:43 on May 23, 2018

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Wait, weather station? I thought that BR patchnotes mentioned only jet pack.

It must be a leak, they probably did not intended to release both items. Anyway the wording in the patch notes make it look they plan many future additions.

Dataminers have found a folder with 5 different backpacks. Like medic or airsupport (that people argue will function similar to "red zones in pubg").

They probably will experiment a bit more with this to see how people receive it.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

bango skank posted:

Is there some trick to aiming the clinger that I'm missing? I haven't managed to stick anybody regardless of the range, but I'm getting stuck by people from AR ranges and it's not like I'm just sitting still for them.

Hold down the throw button and it will show you the arc and impact point.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
For some reason whenever I play first thing in the morning I do really well. Not sure if it's because that's the part of the day where I'm alert or because all the good players are either still asleep or attending 8th grade.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

prom candy posted:

For some reason whenever I play first thing in the morning I do really well. Not sure if it's because that's the part of the day where I'm alert or because all the good players are either still asleep or attending 8th grade.

The latter.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I love the star dance + that lady character with the green hair. Is very feminine and cutesy. I love the rear end and all the body language.

If only the technology of allowing characters move and dance at the same time where developed enough, I would be dancing all the time.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So um, how do you detonate c4 on Xbox? Panic mashing rt only throws more.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Arrgytehpirate posted:

So um, how do you detonate c4 on Xbox? Panic mashing rt only throws more.

LT

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Tei posted:

I love the star dance + that lady character with the green hair. Is very feminine and cutesy. I love the rear end and all the body language.

If only the technology of allowing characters move and dance at the same time where developed enough, I would be dancing all the time.

I love the star dance and male characters so you can hear lbgtq slurs. It replaced the Carlton as my main dance.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

I love the star dance and male characters so you can hear lbgtq slurs. It replaced the Carlton as my main dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVn2HSHW1aI

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 23, 2018

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Whatever, I'll take it. I got first place this morning. Granted it was first place for another player since I was already dead when my rocket killed the second place player, but still.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

santanotreal posted:

Decided to solo the solid gold squads LTM in order to complete the “Center circle x3” challenge. Ended up not only completing that challenge, but also got my trap elimination challenge completed AND won the match (with two kills lol).

That is the challenge that is going to leave me tilted all season. Dropped on game last night on the first center and then decided to hide out in a nearby house until it moved. I should've found a bush. There was an unending stream of people who kept finding me, including someone that was shooting rockets at someone who was running around in the house trying to shotgun me. I think I got 3 or 4 kills and never even left it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This week challenges seems harder, for whatever reason.

I don't even know why we are doing challenges. Is to unlock some sort of John Wick skin?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Tei posted:

This week challenges seems harder, for whatever reason.

I don't even know why we are doing challenges. Is to unlock some sort of John Wick skin?

If only there were an in game thing that details what the rewards are for progressing your battle pass, what a world that would be!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Guys, what is the best pair of Bluetooth headphones for under $100.

I gotta upgrade!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
A set of wired headphones

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Brite Gunner + Star Power is the best

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

A Man and his dog posted:

Guys, what is the best pair of Bluetooth headphones for under $100.

I gotta upgrade!

https://smile.amazon.com/Shure-SE215-CL-Isolating-Earphones-MicroDriver/dp/B004PO10E2/
Though it's an extra $50 for the bt model.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I bought the Logitech G930 headset when it went on sale for $70 a couple of years ago. Looks like they are at $120 now. It's not bluetooth, it comes with its own wireless usb dongle. It's okay, but they occasionally get interrupted and drop out for a few seconds. Some times that happens when I'm talking but I don't lose sound in the earphones, or so I've been told. Half the time I run it with the microusb charger plugged in and there's no real benefit to it being wireless, other than not having to deal with a cord hanging out of it all the time.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

prom candy posted:

A set of wired headphones

Thought I accidentally clicked on the Android thread and someone was trying to start the headphone jack debate again.

Yeah OP just get any of the incredible wired headphones out there instead of wasting budget on BT.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Shere posted:

Thought I accidentally clicked on the Android thread and someone was trying to start the headphone jack debate again.

Yeah OP just get any of the incredible wired headphones out there instead of wasting budget on BT.

If I could start the headphone jack debate in every single thread I would.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

As much as I'd love to dump all the cords, I don't trust wireless enough yet where accuracy is important. And because I'm hosed in the head I just know I'm going to forget charging it all the time.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
There are some wireless gaming headsets but I don't think they use Bluetooth, and they don't sound that great, and they're like $350

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
So is the clinger bugged? Hit an opponent dead to rights on the head. He just stood around with it but then as it exploded jumped. It did 0 damage to him and his buddy next to him (I know it did nothing since I checked the match stats) this was outside too. So no room for janky 'the clinger technically clipped through a wall' type stuff. It was stuck on the dude's head

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I played a couple of 50v50 games. What's the point of this mode exactly? Should I squad fill? What's the strategy? I won two games and barely even saw an enemy.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

challenges

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Also sometimes (though unfortunately hardly every game) you get genuinely fun, chaotic fort wars where you get to storm the beaches of Normandy or defend against said storming.

Mostly the challenges tho.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

prom candy posted:

I played a couple of 50v50 games. What's the point of this mode exactly? Should I squad fill? What's the strategy? I won two games and barely even saw an enemy.

If you actually want action and fun and aren’t just ticking off challenges head to the circle ASAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

It's my favorite mode when I'm flying solo. You can throw on a podcast and knock out some challenges, or head to the circle and have a huge battle with a bunch of teammates, revives, item swapping, etc. It's good fun.