Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Miesten asevelvollisuus voitaisiin korvata Jussi Niinistön vihalla kaikkia sivareita ja naisia kohtaan, olisimme joukkotuhoasemahti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Military service guarantees citizenship.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Maamme itsenäisyyden turvaamisen kannalta on oleellista että jokainen nuori mies oppii vuolemaan leirikyrvän kenttäolosuhteissa

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
https://www.hs.fi/paivanlehti/23052018/art-2000005691042.html

quote:

Suomen merentutkimus on tutkijoiden mukaan vaakalaudalla – moderni tutkimusalus korjattiin 15 miljoonalla, nyt sitä ei ole varaa käyttää

Suomenlahden ja Saaristomeren rannikkovesien seuranta loppuu tänä vuonna rahapulan vuoksi.

Mitkäs todennäköisyydet heitätte sille, että kepu on vain kyllästynyt siihen kun maanviljelijöiden merensaastutus käy aina vähän väliä ilmi?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

SnowblindFatal posted:

Mitkäs todennäköisyydet heitätte sille, että kepu on vain kyllästynyt siihen kun maanviljelijöiden merensaastutus käy aina vähän väliä ilmi?

Veikkaisin enemmänkin tyhmyyttä ja kalastajien valitusta kiintiöistä. Jos ei ole kalakannoista tutkimustietoa, niin sehän tarkoittaa että silakkaa on äärettömästi kaikkialla. Verkot vesille vaan!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Sote is in big trouble, especially when it comes to the privatization parts of it. I think the critical point is that the hallintohimmeli legislation package is already makings its way through the process, so Kokoomus MPs might actually remember that Kepu pettää aina.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Sulphagnist posted:

Sote is in big trouble, especially when it comes to the privatization parts of it. I think the critical point is that the hallintohimmeli legislation package is already makings its way through the process, so Kokoomus MPs might actually remember that Kepu pettää aina.

I think they're starting to remember...
https://www.uusisuomi.fi/kotimaa/249660-ben-zyskowiczin-toiminta-hammentaa-il-kokoomus-aloitti-rajun-sote-jarrutuksen

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
This loving government

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
As usual, the only silver lining here is that this government is so incompetent that it even fucks up its attempts to screw us all over.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

SnowblindFatal posted:

kepu hates any and all environmental research and monitoring. not just because it reveals how horrible agriculture is, but because kepu voters are obviously the sole guardians of True Knowledge of Nature

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm devouring a Kebab with pineapple on it in Oulu. Shame on us all.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Free Market Mambo posted:

Mods ban this deviant

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Free Market Mambo posted:

This thread has finally gone too far. Reported to the mods, Lowtax and Supo.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://www.uusisuomi.fi/kotimaa/249815-timo-soini-sdp-pelkaa-soten-kaatumista-kuin-ruttoa

Soini's horinointi is reaching critical :wtc: levels

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

quote:

Sen sijaan soten mennessä läpi ”SDP voi haukkua sitä suut ja silmät täyteen” ja korjata protestipotin vaaleissa, Soini jatkaa.

He's just mad 'cause he thinks somebody is stealing his gimmick.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Cerebral Bore posted:

He's just mad 'cause he thinks somebody is stealing his gimmick.

Rinne is almost as equally fat, so I think he is Timo's one true rival... just like in anime...

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/OttoMeri/status/1001888224002953217
No wonder NC have the ministry of treasury with these deep economical insights. :v:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

No wonder NC have the ministry of treasury with these deep economical insights. :v:

Can we just paper the walls with the statements of these bizarro-world idiots when the next election comes along?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

endlessmonotony posted:

Can we just paper the walls with the statements of these bizarro-world idiots when the next election comes along?

They'll do it themselves and still get 20+%, welcome to neoliberal hellworld

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
People are talking that the government might collapse due to the stalling SOTE project. It is at least clear that the government coalition is showing cracks with some members announcing they're going to vote against it. Is this the final month before the inevitable, or will we be stuck with the lame duck government until the next designated elections?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Not sure, probably this government won't quit no matter how many times they promise, but I find it very unlikely that SOTE will pass. This latter is a good thing.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Haluaisin kyllä nähdä miten kokoomuksen senaattorit puukottavat Gaius Juhanius Cipilän suuren salin lattialla kesken suoran tv-lähetyksen, mutta tuskin niistä nössöistä on siihen.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I think SOTE might be dead, you guys...

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Hemmetti kun joku "perustuslaki" on bisneksen tiellä

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Gortarius posted:

I think SOTE might be dead, you guys...

Se kuollut ei oo mi voi iäti maata.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

What does this actually mean for SOTE? Will valiokuntatyö and reappraisal by the perustuslakivaliokunta take long enough that Kok will just call it quits at this point rather than risk having FREEDOM OF CHOICE hit the rocks of a new parliament?

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I'm beginning to think I should make a death pool of those people who croak out these sort of statements.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Otto Meri tries to rescue his position by appearing reasonable.

Otto 'Köyhät Kyykkyyn' Meri posted:

Seison kuitenkin edelleen viestini takana. Paras tapa välttyä perinnän aiheuttamilta ongelmilta on maksaa laskut ajoissa. Neuvoni ongelma on kuitenkin siinä, ettei kaikille ole mahdollista maksaa laskuja ajoissa.

Ihmisen talousongelmat saattavat myös olla seurausta erilaisista elämän vastoinkäymisistä kuten sairastumisesta, työttömyydestä tai yritystoiminnan vaikeuksista. Näissä tilanteissa äkilliseen maksuvalmiuden alenemiseen voi olla ollut vaikea tai jopa mahdotonta varautua. Ymmärrän, että näitä ihmisiä neuvoni laskujen maksamisesta ajallaan on saattanut loukata ja olen siitä pahoillani.

Toivon kuitenkin, että viestini aiheuttama myllerrys tarjoaisi mahdollisuuden keskustella aiempaa konkreettisemmalla tasolla ylivelkaantumisesta. Twiitin saama julkisuus kertoo nähdäkseni siitä, että aihetta pidetään hyvin tärkeänä, eli uskon tilaa keskustelulle olevan.

:perfect:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

What does this actually mean for SOTE? Will valiokuntatyö and reappraisal by the perustuslakivaliokunta take long enough that Kok will just call it quits at this point rather than risk having FREEDOM OF CHOICE hit the rocks of a new parliament?

Contrary to the spin from Tölli and Rydman on Friday there's a lot of fundamental problems and political contradictions in the reform that have to be solved:

- how basic services will be constitutionally guaranteed and funded, vs. Kokoomus's desire to shut down public healthcare by not giving it any money

- how patient data and the "customer plan" that contains all your health information is going to securely move inside the complex web of private health companies vs. Kokoomus's desire to privatize public healthcare (see also part 1)

- how little time the regional administrations are given to properly implement the privatization scheme; Kokoomus wants the implementation to start as soon as possible (some pilots have already started, which PeVL found very objectionable), so that the next government can't roll the privatizations back

- how quickly the EU Comission is going to give its opinion on the scheme and what that opinion will be, vs. Kepu's desire to have the regional elections before the parliamentary elections, because they are going to get MURDERED in the parliamentary elections, and want some positive PR from the regional elections since only kepu people will bother to turn up and vote (having the elections together would boost regional election turnout and mean the opposition parties do well)

- how quickly the committees can hammer the laws into constitutional shape so that the regional elections can be held before the parliamentary elections

I feel like Orpo giving these lukewarm "it's something to build on" soundbites was just playing for time. The majority for the reform package is already razor-thin in Parliament and we may see some kokoomus MPs rebel to at least hold up the regional administration package until the Sote package also gets passed because kepu pettää aina. Meanwhile having regional elections separately from parliamentary elections makes no sense and is only desired by keskusta at this point.

Ultimately, I am still pessimistic this government is even competent enough to tear itself down. "Sote gets passed, regional elections are held simultaneously with the parliamentary elections, and the next government is too chickenshit to roll valinnanvapaus back" seems like a safe bet.

One trollish option that won't ever happen but is in the art of the possible would be for valinnanvapaus to get removed from the package entirely; the package is passed by a large parliamentary majority where Kokoomus and Perussuomalaiset vote against it; the current coalition collapses but Sipilä runs a lame-duck minority government until the election. Valinnanvapaus is only desired by Kokoomus (and maybe Sipilä), so if you throw Kokoomus out of the equation, the desire to have the whole loving thing done and over with would tempt the opposition to help the rest along, and the elections aren't that far away anyway. (This also assumes Sipilä stops being a kaappikokoomuslainen and puts the regional administration scheme ahead of privatization)

Sote has basically twice now been stymied by valinnanvapaus because kokoomus keeps pushing for it. The only way to get sote done constitutionally is to show kokoomus the door. Let's be thankful we have that stopgap in the constitution and let's hope it holds.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 3, 2018

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

I have little faith that this SOTE thing and the stupid maakuntauudistus will fail. Due to the despotic (and incompetent) nature of Sipilä and co. it will be rammed through, problems and all, with the slimmest of margins and the government will slap each other on the back for a job well done, despite concerns from everyone who knows anything about this stuff. The people will hate it and grumble but when the elections come, they will still vote for the parties that hosed it up. Kepu might get slapped for it, because they worked with Kok and it always happens, the biggest party who goes to bed with Kok will get the blame for the policies that Kok were pushing and they keep on getting that ~20% vote share every time. When will these parties learn, to not let Kok into the government. And when will the voters learn that Kepu pettää aina?

What I am saying is that the Finnish electorate is dumb and the media landscape is so poor and lacks any sort of independent thought, questioning of the policies or presenting of alternatives, save for some blogs here and there, which only get read by those that agree with it. The political class can keep doing what they always been doing, enriching themselves and their friends or arranging that they will have a safe seat in the parliament for years to come. Who gives a poo poo on what your platform was when campaigning, it's not like anything can be done to you once you get elected and flip-flop to jockey for that position you've been aiming for your whole career.

I would hope that this past government with all incompetence and banana republic-esque manner will help the electorate realize that it indeed makes a difference on who you vote for and allow to form a government. But hope is another thing than what reality is and I have little faith that there will be a noticeable comeuppance to the idiots running this ship now. Finnish politics is a good example of failing upwards.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
In the "no poo poo" department: https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10234688

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

HS analysis says that it might take years for the EU commission to give a response to the notification and this is my favourite part:

quote:

Professori Raition mielestä notifiointiin liittyvä epäselvyys on osin hallituksen aiheuttama. Korkein hallinto-oikeus katsoi lausunnossaan joulukuussa 2017, että asiasta pitäisi pyytää näkemys komissiolta.

”Hallituksen olisi pitänyt tehdä notifiointi heti korkeimman hallinto-oikeuden lausunnon jälkeen. Lisäksi täytyy ottaa huomioon, että helmikuussa 2018 korkein hallinto-oikeus antoi kaksi vuosikirjaratkaisua, joiden perusteella valtioneuvoston olisi pitänyt viimeistään ymmärtää notifioinnin välttämättömyys”, Raitio sanoo.

They must have figured out the EU Commission wouldn't allow the scheme as it currently exists, so they decided not to notify the EU commission and just hope no one else brings it up ever again. Or they're just that dumb and didn't get this started six months ago when they were first warned about it.

Once again at this point the only constitutionally sound way to pass sote is to detach valinnanvapaus from it entirely, and kokoomus won't allow that. If the government refuses to notify the Commission against the committee's strong recommendation, the committee needs to have the balls to kill the bill by requiring it be passed under constitutional rules (i.e. 2/3rds majority by two separate parliaments, or a 5/6ths majority by the current one). The problem is that this is in a bit of a gray area since it's not strictly a constitutional requirement, and also the notification can't be done by parliament so it requires the government's active participation.

As an aside, guess which law package - which was supposed to be absolutely vital to national security and interest - has been held up for weeks because of sote taking priority? The new snooping authorizations for Supo. I guess it wasn't such an emergency after all.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

If by some miraculous act of Tapio the sotemakuhimmeli doesn't pass this summer, what's Kok's next move? Snap elections and sinipuna to try again? Everything about this is so stupid.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rappaport posted:

If by some miraculous act of Tapio the sotemakuhimmeli doesn't pass this summer, what's Kok's next move? Snap elections and sinipuna to try again? Everything about this is so stupid.

You sound as if you think they have any sort of plans instead of just throwing anything and everything Irma Jansson and Ayn Rand have ever been able to conjure up that fucks over non-rich people at the wall and seeing what sticks.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Millä sivulla toi sorbuksen herra-postaus olikaan?

Etsisin mutta eihän tätä ketjua nyt selvinpäin lue.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
teehooäx

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000005706776.html

:getin:

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
En olekaan pitkään aikaan kurkannut mitä Marco puuhaa.

Katotaas...

https://imgur.com/a/082oe3O

Jaaha. Bannia on tullut tubessa ainakin viidesti ja anarkistit ja kurdi terroristit antaa turpiin vasemmalta ja oikeelta.

Imguri ei näköjään enää tarjoa semmoista toimivaa linkkiä kuviin niin ei img tägi toimi, tai jtn muuta semmosta paskaa.

EDIT:

Ei vittu....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtKGDGtml2A&t=29s

Pitäsköhän Marcon ruveta pelaa futista ku se osaa filmata noin hyvin.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Keskusta is growing increasingly desperate and now suggests postponing the parliamentary elections by two months simply so that the regional elections can happen before the parliamentary ones.

It would be kinda fitting that the worst government in ages will also be the longest government ever, it sure as gently caress as felt like it