Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

carry on then posted:

i had it, but it was a k-8 school.

same here, but thinking about it it was probably p.e. class

a shameful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
ol musky might be in trouble again for union fuckery due to his careless tweets

“If you threaten to take away benefits because people unionize, that’s an out-and-out violation of the labor law,” Liebman, who’s done legal work for the UAW in the past, said in an interview.

Musk would have been on safer legal ground, Liebman said, if he had just described collective bargaining as a give-and-take proposition and warned workers that they may lose benefits in the process.

If the NLRB were to investigate an allegation that Tesla violated the National Labor Relations Act, the agency’s prosecutors would consider management’s comments from the perspective of the employee. In this case, she said, “the employee is going to hear it as, ‘If I vote to unionize, stock options will no longer be an option.”’

there's no official complaint yet tho

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

syntaxrigger posted:

Also gently caress private schools and vouchers.

i went to a catholic grade school designed to academically prepare us for the fancy jesuit high schools. going from that to a public high school was a joke, bearing in mind that this particular public high school was considered one of the better ones in the area. we were roughly two years ahead of the public school students and i spent the first half of high school basically doing nothing because it was largely all repeated material, even in honors level courses.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ol musky might be in trouble again for union fuckery due to his careless tweets

“If you threaten to take away benefits because people unionize, that’s an out-and-out violation of the labor law,” Liebman, who’s done legal work for the UAW in the past, said in an interview.

Musk would have been on safer legal ground, Liebman said, if he had just described collective bargaining as a give-and-take proposition and warned workers that they may lose benefits in the process.

If the NLRB were to investigate an allegation that Tesla violated the National Labor Relations Act, the agency’s prosecutors would consider management’s comments from the perspective of the employee. In this case, she said, “the employee is going to hear it as, ‘If I vote to unionize, stock options will no longer be an option.”’

there's no official complaint yet tho

this would own

which means it will never happen because musk is a rich man in america and they rarely if ever face consequences

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

lancemantis posted:

this would own

which means it will never happen because musk is a rich man in america and they rarely if ever face consequences

musk wouldn't face any consequences

tesla might

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

carry on then posted:

i had it, but it was a k-8 school.

we didn't have "recess" but lunch was like an hour long and the cafeteria was kinda small so you could take your food and go out to the big field by the gym and just hang out or do whatever

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The_Franz posted:

i went to a catholic grade school designed to academically prepare us for the fancy jesuit high schools. going from that to a public high school was a joke, bearing in mind that this particular public high school was considered one of the better ones in the area. we were roughly two years ahead of the public school students and i spent the first half of high school basically doing nothing because it was largely all repeated material, even in honors level courses.

in louisiana the kids of affluent families that are too dumb to get into a gifted or magnet program pay to get put into religious private school

usually it's jesuits but there's a notable jewish one in new orleans and another exception in baton rouge run by episcopalians

and yes this is because they don't want their children getting the same education as poor black kids and yes this includes the affluent nonwhite families

louisiana was one of the private school pioneers and now they've gone hard into charters. so hard in fact that the justice department is probably going to hafta spend another few decades running their school system due to racism, again

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

usually it's jesuits but there's a notable jewish one in new orleans and another exception in baton rouge run by episcopalians

I was one of these dumb kids

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

in louisiana the kids of affluent families that are too dumb to get into a gifted or magnet program pay to get put into religious private school

and yes this is because they don't want their children getting the same education as poor black kids and yes this includes the affluent nonwhite families

louisiana was one of the private school pioneers and now they've gone hard into charters. so hard in fact that the justice department is probably going to hafta spend another few decades running their school system due to racism, again

exactly

heaven forbid we all have the same education opportunities regardless of socioeconomic status

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ADINSX posted:

I was one of these dumb kids

hey now your parents might've just racistly dismissed public school out of hand

my mom later told me that's what my dad wanted to do

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you know that thing i said last page? that was sarcasm.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

exciting couple pages, these

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/itwasthreezero/status/999309612301082628

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
nice

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

of course they don't. the education that poor black kids get sucks. those schools start out underfunded, and then you add in that a lot of the kids are malnourished or have behavioral problems or learning disabilities or are just underprepared because they've come up through eight years of schools with all these same problems, and what you end up with is that most of the school's limited resources are going towards desperately trying to address all that poo poo instead of trying to take a bunch of passable, functioning students who already failed to qualify for the magnet programs and push them to do more than the flat minimum required to graduate under state regulation. all of this is the result of massive structural racism in broader society, but you don't get to, like, wish the effects of that racism away when you're trying to make sure your kid gets an actual education

now the parents who won't even consider the magnet schools are just irredeemably loving racist

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

so 10% of people named elon buying $5 in stock would be... what, like, $5 total?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

can i short tesla this way?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Munkeymon posted:

I don't think you meant MMPI there or are conflating it with some personality profile garbo which it is not
no, I mean the MMPI, only scored by hr people instead of professionals

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol uber

quote:

After one of its cars fatally crashed into a pedestrian, Uber is shuttering its self-driving testing operations in Arizona. The company announced the decision in an internal memo today, sources told Recode.

The company said it will continue to work on self-driving tech out of its advanced technology center in Pittsburgh, Penn., but will be laying off the 300 drivers who operated these semi-autonomous vehicles on public roads in Arizona.

“We’re committed to self-driving technology, and we look forward to returning to public roads in the near future,” a spokesperson said in a statement. “In the meantime, we remain focused on our top-to-bottom safety review, having brought on former NTSB Chair Christopher Hart to advise us on our overall safety culture.”

The Wall Street Journal first reported the decision.

Arizona is just one of three locations Uber was testing its self-driving vehicles before temporarily halting all public testing in March. But in the days after the fatal crash, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey stopped all testing of any Uber semi-autonomous vehicle on public roads in the state indefinitely.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

its not illegal because in a 5-4 decision unions are ded

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/999364333674024960

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

rjmccall posted:

behavioral problems or learning disabilities

Parents get dumbfounded when they find out their charter doesn't support these students. Especially if their kid was normal but then got into an auto accident and is now rather impaired.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

its not illegal because in a 5-4 decision unions are ded

that's just a setback the real scotus unionkilling case is janus v whatever that they're currently deliberating on

that's the one that's gonna take right to work nationwide

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
musk meltdown may continues

https://twitter.com/HowellONeill/status/999372617504120832

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a 18650

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

elon "car that runs on water" musk

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hey look who's on ol musky's side

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/999366215696109569

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
birds of a egomaniac feather

trump has just been more successful in his hunger for celebrity while elon is still buying himself tickets to celebrity events and cameos that nobody cares about

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that's just a setback the real scotus unionkilling case is janus v whatever that they're currently deliberating on

that's the one that's gonna take right to work nationwide

no that's the one that's going to kill public sector unions

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

infernal machines posted:

you know that thing i said last page? that was sarcasm.

oh no, ineffectual whining from an impotent nerd

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

rip in piss

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

haveblue posted:

thats all of em at this point

rip unions, republicans spent a hard 50 years working at it and finally killed ya off

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

qirex posted:

lol uber

i wonder what they did to get ducey mad enough to kick them out and slam the door where they have to crawl back to california

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

qirex posted:

lol uber

i haven't seen a single one of their cars on the road since this accident. i still see dudes with uber shirts walking around in lawrenceville/the strip during the week though so they're still here- but they're definitely not on the road.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Xaris posted:

thats all of em at this point

rip unions, republicans spent a hard 50 years working at it and finally killed ya off

got to love all the dems who triangulated on union punching

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

i wanted to short Tesla stock on robinhood but all the words made me confused

plz tell me what buttons to push so i can make money on him tanking his cult-of-personality stock price by being hella rude to everybody

my parents purposely kept me out of advanced classes so now i'm dumb as poo poo and don't know how to do anything in life

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if you don't know what you're doing don't do shorts

what's that old line, "the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent"?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
stay away from options right now, its a crazy bull market pumped full of stupidness to the max, and now even more lolls with republican finance deregs. you can buy puts with a strike date far out, but it's still insanely hosed and risky

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Xaris posted:

insanely hosed and risky

oh is it time for a new title again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Agile Vector posted:

oh is it time for a new title again?

dunno, is your mother unhappy with her current name?