Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Sho vs Dragon Lee. NJPW 5/19 What a match. Absolutely great set ups to spots including the first acceptable corner double stomp I've seen in ages. A couple great cross ups on Dragon Lee trademarks and fantastic strike exchanges.

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado (5/22)

This was absolutely wild, and they definitely came across as two guys who hated each other which is new for Hiromu. Hiromu sprinting across the aisle to hit the dropkick on Desperado was one of my favourite spots of the tournament so far despite all the jumping off poo poo we've seen.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

This was absolutely wild, and they definitely came across as two guys who hated each other which is new for Hiromu. Hiromu sprinting across the aisle to hit the dropkick on Desperado was one of my favourite spots of the tournament so far despite all the jumping off poo poo we've seen.

2nd

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

Yeah, 3rding this

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

Nth. Need a gif of that dropkick.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Baron Corbyn posted:

Yeah Nthed, that match was a hell of a lot of fun.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

Yeah last year really didn't have a match like this and having a nice blood feud just helps

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah last year really didn't have a match like this and having a nice blood feud just helps

An underrated aspect of this year's tournament is that they're really varying up the styles and stories of the matches. It's not getting the "best BOSJ ever" accolades that the most recent G1 and New Japan Cup did and I haven't seen enough of them to judge but I'm enjoying it more than last year's at least.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
MOTYC: Dragon Lee/SHO BOSJ 2018

What a rad match.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

What a rad match.

2ND, man sho is so good.

Baron Corbyn posted:

2nd

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

What a rad match.

Nthing this. Sho is really good.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Naomichi Marufuji for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship - AJPW 2018 Super Power Series (5/24)

This match somehow managed to be even better than their match last month. Fantastic crowd atmosphere, the NOAH fans showing up to cheer for Marufuji really made the stakes feel even higher. The closing sequence was amazing. Marufuji creatively countering all Miyahara's stuff to start the match was great. Kento is the man. I can't think of anyone who's a better face of their company in the wrestling world right now.

And unlike the CMLL match posted recently, the post match segment has absolutely no chance of overshadowing the match...

Oh, and speaking of matches better than MOTYCs from last month. OTT put this up on their YouTube channel

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Matt Riddle - OTT ScrapperMania IV (5/12)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB-1AcF60mM

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 25, 2018

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Naomichi Marufuji for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship - AJPW 2018 Super Power Series (5/24)

This match somehow managed to be even better than their match last month. Fantastic crowd atmosphere, the NOAH fans showing up to cheer for Marufuji really made the stakes feel even higher. The closing sequence was amazing. Marufuji creatively countering all Miyahara's stuff to start the match was great. Kento is the man. I can't think of anyone who's a better face of their company in the wrestling world right now.

And unlike the CMLL match posted recently, the post match segment has absolutely no chance of overshadowing the match...

Oh, and speaking of matches better than MOTYCs from last month. OTT put this up on their YouTube channel

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Matt Riddle - OTT ScrapperMania IV (5/12)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB-1AcF60mM

Nth both

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'll third Ospreay/Riddle, Ospreay's arm strikes have gotten so good. Have to watch the other one.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I'll 4th Ospreay vs Riddle. One day Will is gonna hit his Rainmaker against Okada and it'll be great

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Baron Corbyn posted:

3rd

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Miyahara/Marufuji is legitimately one of my matches of the year, everyone should watch it and get it the nominations it deserves.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NienNunb posted:

Miyahara/Marufuji is legitimately one of my matches of the year, everyone should watch it and get it the nominations it deserves.

Same but also the DoA Cage Match.

5th Kento/Marufuji

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I'll MOYTC Kento vs Miyahara. I think the only title match I like more this year was Tanahashi/Okada though Kento's headbutts sound scary

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah I'll MOYTC Kento vs Miyahara. I think the only title match I like more this year was Tanahashi/Okada though Kento's headbutts sound scary

After watching Kotoge/Sugiura in NOAH last month, I think I'm completely numb to headbutt spots. That match was great but the shoot headbutts in it were the stupidest thing I've seen considering everyone knows what happened to Shibata. I'd probably have posted if in here otherwise.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

I honestly think this is a MOTYC worthy match. The first couple minutes are amazing and it ends great too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC PARK/FLYER/VOLADOR VS INGOBERNABLES 5/25 CMLL

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MOTYC - La Familia Real (LA Park, Volador Jr, Flyer) vs. Los Ingobernables (Rush, Terrible, Bestia del Ring) - CMLL Viernes 5-25-18

Is this a fever dream?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC PARK/FLYER/VOLADOR VS INGOBERNABLES 5/25 CMLL
Third

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
4th.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

MOTYC - La Familia Real (LA Park, Volador Jr, Flyer) vs. Los Ingobernables (Rush, Terrible, Bestia del Ring) - CMLL Viernes 5-25-18

Is this a fever dream?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is actually the best match of the year.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Is it up on CMLL's Youtube? I missed it live and I wanted to watch the brawl in Arena Mexico

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Is it up on CMLL's Youtube? I missed it live and I wanted to watch the brawl in Arena Mexico

Cubsfan put the show up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a846iLzfp4

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Intros start at the 1 hr 22 min mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a846iLzfp4&t=4925s

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Dragon Lee vs Hiromu Takahashi - best of the Super Juniors - Great match that had no stupid crazy bumps

Shocked Hiromu's already at 2 loses though

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Adding a needless nth to the Familia Real/Los Ingobernables match to say it is now my dream to be a tourist in Mexico and have LA Park steal my suitcase to throw it at someone.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Official link for best quality of the MOTY http://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1000243916728356865

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah nth for MYOTC for La Famila Real vs Los Ingobernables.

Was upset Volador wasn't in the BOSJ but this is better much better

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

MOTYC: Dragon Lee vs Hiromu Takahashi - best of the Super Juniors - Great match that had no stupid crazy bumps

2nd

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
3rd for Hiromu vs. Dragon Lee BOSJ - May 25, 2018. These two have great chemistry

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Man it was nice to see Hideo Itami vs Akira Tozawa on last week's 205 Live. It's a match I never thought I'd see just a few years ago, because you never really saw much NOAH/Dragon Gate interaction. They actually gave it a good amount of the hour and had some really fun sequences. I recommend checking it out if you skipped 205. I just wish WWE and the crowd cared more about the show. At PPV level that could've been a show-stealer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah it was a fun match, I just wish both guys (Hideo in particular) didn't feel like they were treading water in WWE.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I continue to be surprised that Hideo is still signed with the WWE. I expected him to be let go when he was so injury-prone in NXT, and after his match against Roddy on 205 I also believed he'd be gone because the match felt like a sort of good-bye match to me.

And I know that thanks to Fox the WWE has enough money to throw at anyone whose contract is up, but when is Hideo's contract up? Because I feel having him make a surprise debut for New Japan as a participant in the G1 would be quite awesome.

And on the actual topic:

HM - Ospreay vs BUSHI, BOSJ May 26th

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If Hideo left WWE to go to NJPW, I can only imagine how mad the NOAH faithful would be. They already seem pretty mad at NJPW for how their working relationship worked out and for Ishimori.

nth the MOTYC for Hiromu/Dragon Lee

2nd the HM for Ospreay/BUSHI

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

If Hideo left WWE to go to NJPW, I can only imagine how mad the NOAH faithful would be. They already seem pretty mad at NJPW for how their working relationship worked out and for Ishimori.

I doubt anyone in NJPW gives a single gently caress about NOAH anymore. Also I'm fairly certain Ishimori was a freelancer when he signed with NJPW.