Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Well that explains why Sebastien, Angela and Donathan are still in the game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I am ready for a #SurvivorBlindside and a reunion show so embarrassing that I’ll feel ashamed watching it in my own home.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bigass Moth posted:

I am ready for a #SurvivorBlindside and a reunion show so embarrassing that I’ll feel ashamed watching it in my own home.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Man, this season sucks so much that it's tearing the podcast world apart. Stephen and Rob were practically yelling at each other on the most recent Know It Alls, and David Bloomberg and Jessica Lewis repeatedly went off on twenty minute tangential arguments about Laurel on what was supposed to be "Why Kellyn Lost."

I hope at least both Dom and Wendell make FTC so the winner isn't a completely foregone conclusion, but Ghost Island has consistently found a way to disappoint me since Chris Noble went home, so I'm not holding out too much hope.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I don't think the show's problems over the past few seasons are as simple as "too much strategy" or "not enough characters" or anything. To me the issue is the current game is too unwieldy to really strategize around. Advantages with unknowable powers, very easy to find idols in high quantity*, and frequent tribe swaps (even post-merge!) are very hard to strategize around and just result in players playing conservatively to avoid getting caught in the chaos.

What's the point of deviating from Naviti strong when you are going to swap the next day onto an almost certainly majority-Naviti tribe? Why go through some crazy plan of trying to flush Dom and Wendell's idols when both will be immediately re-hidden and probably found by the exact same people? The wacky game mechanics actively suppress a lot of strategy and, to make matters worse, have to be explained and re-explained in confessional taking away screentime from developing characters.

I don't think Season 36 (and 35, 34, etc.) hasn't had too much or too little strategy, it's just had a lot of people talking about how they're ready to make move X but can't because of reason Y (which is usually directly or indirectly related to new game mechanic Z).

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I agree with that as well, but a quick nod to Sarah who utterly dominated Game Changers with unsettlling levels of emotional manipulation moreso than with gamebot strategy or advantages (though that's not to absolve Cirie getting screwed out of the game by mass numbers of advantages colliding inc. Sarah's legacy adv).

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I for one am excited for the least intriguing finale in survivor history.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Y'all negative nancys in here

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AWarmBody posted:

Y'all negative nancys in here

Not me I like this show

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm here for the next season preview.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shneak posted:

I'm here for the next season preview.
Next Season: Shitbird Island

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That's some awkward staging. Do they have to walk down the stage when they get voted out live?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I am hyped for Donathan's immunity run to the million dollar prize.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Sebastian's a big boy!! Yesss

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Gotta hand it to the art department. These always look like fun.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Which player will be the one to cheat off of someone else's puzzle to steal the win?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I love this type of challenge

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Wendell is OP

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I THINK I'M DONE BRO

:laffo:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hahahaha Wendell calling for Jeff

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

drat. Wendell found the border and eliminated the hard part of vertical puzzles.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Calling it now: Wendell is gonna gun for Dom with Sea Bass and Ang

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Wendell not taking any chances with immunity anymore :lol:

Is last call for idols at F5?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

drat. Wendell found the border and eliminated the hard part of vertical puzzles.

I mean, it was a circle so that seemed like the obvious move

I wonder how much is woodworkerness helped

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

^Probably helps spacial reasoning like Boston Rob's construction work made him a savant at the right kind of puzzle.

AWarmBody posted:

Calling it now: Wendell is gonna gun for Dom with Sea Bass and Ang
Great jury management too.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I mean, his job and camp activities demonstrate very strong visual acuity. If anybody was going to beast that it was him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So after that confessional Laurel just confirms that she's one of the worst players ever right?

Also Wendell has guaranteed himself at worst a fire building competition for finals :hellyeah:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I love the overconfidence the extra vote brings out. Get rid of idols and leave votes in the tree holes.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Laurel,

You're bad

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I love the overconfidence the extra vote brings out. Get rid of idols and leave votes in the tree holes.

Sure, I'd love some crazy tribal where like 3 people use extra votes that no one knew about

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Angela,

You're worse

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ahaha what the gently caress is happening, Angela?

Why does everyone come clean to these guys

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Why are you TALKING dumbass?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Angela nuked Sea Bass's game. This is the best dumb season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:psypop::psypop::psypop::psypop::psypop:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Survivor: Dumb Island

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Angela talking there is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen on this show.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Domenick just going off is so good

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Did Dom switch out the idols or is that the fake one in Jeff's hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Gandalf21 posted:

Angela talking there is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen on this show.

As soon as she said she finally felt like she had a little power, I knew she'd blow it up. There are truly only two players left in this game.

• Locked thread