Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
To borrow a /tg/ term, Adventures almost seems noblebright.

Or nobledark.

Doesn't really have the impact of the original blurb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLOEgKhIW6w

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Anyone play Luna Wolves?

Because that's a drat good look. The big downside I can see is that it they don't survive into post-Heresy without a "counts as" agreement...

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

So, TLDR is that while GW's improved over the years FW has explicitly had the same staff for the last ten years and haven't bothered hiring anyone new even after taking on several big game projects. They've apparently tried to get around not hiring new sculptors by playing musical chairs with them and constantly rotating them through ongoing projects, which hasn't actually been very efficient.

Also all the management bits sound like the worst of Kirby GW.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yes to all except don't forget who runs barter town: GW runs FW. Same lovely company that only recently did anything half competently.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Yes to all except don't forget who runs barter town: GW runs FW. Same lovely company that only recently did anything half competently.

Fair enough, I'm not entirely knowledgeable on just how much control GW has over FW operations.

Cessna posted:

Anyone play Luna Wolves?

Because that's a drat good look. The big downside I can see is that it they don't survive into post-Heresy without a "counts as" agreement...

The simplest answer would be to just say that, in 40k, your Luna Wolves are a splinter chapter that didn't wish to get absorbed into the black legion. Or got stuck in the warp and spat out 10k years into the future. Or they're new guys that want to continue in Horus's name.

If you'd rather they operate as an existing 40k chaos legion, the easiest would be Warp Ghosts or Grey Death with their own caveats (WG have a bunch of skulls, GD have a darker grey), with a little more work you could make them transformable into Sons of Malice by magnetizing your 30k arms and painting your 40k arms reverse black/white. Punishers have the closest match on color but they paint spooky skeleton bones on their armor.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

Fair enough, I'm not entirely knowledgeable

Really this could just be literally every one of your posts.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Really this could just be literally every one of your posts.

He also thrives off negative attention so as much fun as it is to make fun of him for literally jerking his dick bloody over necron tits it’s better to ignore him and hope he moves back to the 40k thread where he can argue with schadenboner over not actually playing the game.

Neurolimal stop looking at skeleton tits and tugging at your chafed-rear end dick and post a single painted 40k model that you have made.

Lmao he has 17 pages of posts in this thread and started posting Jan 17th 2018. 17 pages of posts in 107 days. Here are some of his great contributions to the chat:

Buckle up lads, we go into the breach once more.

If you were a feminist like neurotypical you would know that in fact they do, and it’s empowering.

But on the other hand, guy goodbody and schadenboner like him so it’s pretty obvious that he’s a good poster.

You did not address the thread consensus that you’re loud and stupid.

I can think of a way to both cure your depression and get the weirdos to talk about something besides how bad a poster you were.

Being bad at everything is pretty much your brand though.

You make the 40k thread about how you’re attracted to necron tittys

Look, if you're this thirsty for me just gift me plat and we can cyber over PM's

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 24, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Neuroliminal you're completely right about Necron tits but you really need to stop rising to the bait and letting other people make the thread about you.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
40k's ultimate victory over 30k is that we somehow made Neuroliminal your thread's problem

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Built a house for my nicer painted mans last night.

That's a good looking case, where'd you get it from?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Look, if you're this thirsty for me just gift me plat and we can cyber over PM's

Hahaha wtf tkwg. What a loving weird rear end

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Hixson posted:

As weird as a backwards hand?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

The simplest answer would be to just say that, in 40k, your Luna Wolves are a splinter chapter that didn't wish to get absorbed into the black legion. Or got stuck in the warp and spat out 10k years into the future. Or they're new guys that want to continue in Horus's name.

If you'd rather they operate as an existing 40k chaos legion, the easiest would be Warp Ghosts or Grey Death with their own caveats (WG have a bunch of skulls, GD have a darker grey), with a little more work you could make them transformable into Sons of Malice by magnetizing your 30k arms and painting your 40k arms reverse black/white. Punishers have the closest match on color but they paint spooky skeleton bones on their armor.

His issue isn't translating them into 40k, his issue is that by the time the heresy breaks out they've transitioned from the luna wolves in the white/grey to sons of horus in seafoam green to sons of horus in black. Please just shut the gently caress up and go back to sperging in the 40k thread.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

40k's ultimate victory over 30k is that we somehow made Neuroliminal your thread's problem

The 30k thread deserves it less by dint of posting gorgeous models all the time tbh.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

MasterSlowPoke posted:

That's a good looking case, where'd you get it from?

I just got this one. IKEA makes a similar one with a light in it for about the same price. I’m getting a set of LEDs for mine for about $5, so it’s all kind of a wash. I’m pretty happy with mine, it went together fairly easily.

Hixson posted:

🙂

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Neurolimal posted:

You are a thread making GBS threads clown dying for attention constantly, try not posting for a change?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Booley posted:

His issue isn't translating them into 40k, his issue is that by the time the heresy breaks out they've transitioned from the luna wolves in the white/grey to sons of horus in seafoam green to sons of horus in black. Please just shut the gently caress up and go back to sperging in the 40k thread.

To be honest I totally forgot that change to boring not-40Dguard/not-40Dangles between white/black wolves and black/gold Legion. What a meh scheme in comparison to the others.

Killer_Bees! posted:

You are a thread making GBS threads clown dying for attention constantly, try not posting for a change?

If you want the thread to not be focused on me, perhaps dont specifically call me out randomly? Like there's a reason this happens in the 30k thread more often than the 40k thread.

It's kinda weird to follow a guy around hooting and hollering, then accusing them of dying for attention when acknowledging it

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 02:07 on May 24, 2018

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Bombogenesis posted:

As weird as a backwards hand?

Post your models

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
some really underhanded comments itt

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

some really underhanded comments itt

You’re right, hixson should be left alone.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Why is everyone so mean to neuroliminal even when he makes benign posts? I don't get it.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
Chiming in with this spicy opinion: Posts About Neuroliminal are much worse than any of Neuroliminal's posting.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I said it before and will say it again

Those are some rockin tits

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Hixson posted:

Post your models

When I stop being a lazy rear end in a top hat and paint something then I totally will. It won't be a Heresy mini but I'll totally post my lovely AoS stuff.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Bombogenesis posted:

When I stop being a lazy rear end in a top hat and paint something then I totally will. It won't be a Heresy mini but I'll totally post my lovely AoS stuff.

So stop making lovely jokes about other people's finished stuff until you do something of your own.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Texmo posted:

Chiming in with this spicy opinion: Posts About Neuroliminal are much worse than any of Neuroliminal's posting.

JBP posted:

Why is everyone so mean to neuroliminal even when he makes benign posts? I don't get it.

There is a poster on the wall at the entry of the surgical theaters I support at work....... “The standard you walk past is the standard you accept”

He rarely makes “benign posts” and when he does it’s passive to try and swoop under the radar after getting called out on other stuff. He has an enormous rap sheet and ruins multiple threads I visit, kinda sick of it really.

In other news I’m fleshing out my terminator fists army and can’t decide if the storm shields and hammers are worth it on a HQ body guard + a shield and hammer squad or split over the Sargent of each terminator shooty squad too soak fire ?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Killer_Bees! posted:

There is a poster on the wall at the entry of the surgical theaters I support at work....... The standard you walk past is the standard you accept

He rarely makes benign posts and when he does its passive to try and swoop under the radar after getting called out on other stuff. He has an enormous rap sheet and ruins multiple threads I visit, kinda sick of it really.

Neurolimal posted:

When you really think about it choosing a chaos god to worship is not unlike choosing your favorite man in Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

Killer_Bees! posted:

kinda sick of it really.

That's what the ignore list is there for.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Booley posted:

His issue isn't translating them into 40k, his issue is that by the time the heresy breaks out they've transitioned from the luna wolves in the white/grey to sons of horus in seafoam green to sons of horus in black.

Right, yes. I really like the white, it would really stand out on the table and challenge my skills.

But they changed it before the Heresy started, which limits their use outside of fighting Orks or Auxilia, or "the warp/a wizard did it" games. I'm not a slave to canon, but - it's a shame; it's a really good looking scheme.

I'm having a hard time picking a legion and sticking with it. I've got painted 40K stuff - Death Guard - but I don't know if I want to do the same army over again for 30K. I'm coming close to finishing a big pile of 30K models, so I need to make up my mind.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Cessna posted:

Right, yes. I really like the white, it would really stand out on the table and challenge my skills.

But they changed it before the Heresy started, which limits their use outside of fighting Orks or Auxilia, or "the warp/a wizard did it" games. I'm not a slave to canon, but - it's a shame; it's a really good looking scheme.

I'm having a hard time picking a legion and sticking with it. I've got painted 40K stuff - Death Guard - but I don't know if I want to do the same army over again for 30K. I'm coming close to finishing a big pile of 30K models, so I need to make up my mind.

Luna Wolves own incredibly hard, so paint them Luna Wolves imo. If you want a “canon appropriate” justification, Loken and his istvaan guys went back to being Luna Wolves after the betrayal, so if you’re cool with being a loyalist, they could be a shattered legion or just use the regular SoH rules and fight traitors.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cessna posted:

If you want to paint your guys as Luna Wolves, do it. If you wanted to go the Loyalist route, it'd be easy to say something like they were off in some splinter fleet and when they heard about Horus' betrayal they decided their oaths to the Imperium were stronger. They then reverted to their old scheme as a way of casting off their association with Horus. If you wanted to stay traitor, it'd be a little more difficult, but, whatever, they're your dudes and your fluff. You could even frame them as a pre-Heresy army and just not worry about it during games. Do what you want. :shobon:

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
I think it's time to nuke this thread guys. Its reading like a lovely dakka dakka arguement.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Somehow it's still better than the hundredth go round of mathematically optimising Primaris marines without ever playing a game with them, so please don't

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Corrode posted:

Somehow it's still better than the hundredth go round of mathematically optimising Primaris marines without ever playing a game with them, so please don't

:agreed:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Let’s talk fluff.

My favourite little tidbit is the sneaky Sons of Horus team who turned up to Prospero, stole a bunch of psykers, crucified a bunch of other civilians, shot a bunch of their own dudes in the back, and then hosed off while the Space Wolves were just like “yeah, whatever, that’s fine”.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Can't talk fluff, I just read the three intro books, about half of Fulgrim, about 5 black books, listened to MoM... and that's it.

I do like the look of Red Talons, that IH chapter that went guerrilla and hosed poo poo up behind the traitor lines.

JcDent fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 24, 2018

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

One thing I love about Horus Heresy is that there is ton of space for you to do whatever you want with any given faction, while at the same time being part of a bigger thing. You get all the upsides of making your own custom chapter, while still having the feel of part of a Legion.

My Emperor's Children fluff is that they fought alongside the Sons of Horus a lot, so when the Heresy happens they are ultimately more loyal to Horus than Fulgrim. My Praetor is a herald of the Warmaster who brings worlds into dark Compliance so I envision my army as being more like modern Marines in that baseline humans do a lot of the work and the Marines just do the big important final blow. No shoveling bodies into a trench like an Iron Warrior.

So with stuff like this you can easily make an army with a different flavor than the standard version of your Legion, while still feeling like a sensible part of it. The Legions are so big that even doing the opposite of what your gimmick is supposed to be makes sense existing.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Endman posted:

Let’s talk fluff.

My favourite little tidbit is the sneaky Sons of Horus team who turned up to Prospero, stole a bunch of psykers, crucified a bunch of other civilians, shot a bunch of their own dudes in the back, and then hosed off while the Space Wolves were just like “yeah, whatever, that’s fine”.

Probably the best part of the Inferno fluff, after Leman Russ being a certified moron who needed Valdor to drop in and save his bitch-rear end. Awuuuuuuuuuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

My favorite bit of fluff is how the one BA in MoM outshines Custodes as a cool dude and shows that his legion is more healthy than ECs.

By way, is Torgaddon younger than Loken? I always imagined him as this older, gruff bruiser. Then HH Legions TCG game him the voice of some rogue princeling.