Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love, love, love, love, love the Super Mario Brothers movie!

I saw it opening day in the UK at the premiere in Leicester Square and young me can still remember having the most wonderful time :D I watched it again two or three years ago and still had a blast.

It is just as weird and odd as the idea of an Italian plumber jumping around a weird mushroom kingdom crushing his enemies below his feet and rescuing the monarchy. I LOVE it for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
A shame we never got the John Candy Kirby movie

e: or the Joe Pesci Wario movie :saddowns:

Convex fucked around with this message at 11:12 on May 24, 2018

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I liked SMB movie more when I realized the directors were the creators of Max Headroom.

I still want to see what a Harold Ramis Mario movie would look like.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
GAME OVER

RETURN OF NIGHTMARE KEY REBINDING SPAGHETTI CODE

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The dumbest complaint I've heard about the mario movie is that it isn't like the games even though the movie is very much so filled to the brim with stuff from the games but adapted in its own unique and neat way.

So uh

I apologize for asking this because I feel like a shithead for doing so but KCB's birthday is coming up on the 14th on June and I don't have income or money of my own to actually buy her any of the things I would want to buy her or to buy materials to make anything for her. I've been thinking about trying to do some kind of stream thing for cash where I'd just raise some money that way, but I don't have a bank account or paypal thing or anything like that separate from KCB and I don't think I could go through with doing anything like that anyway because the last time I did that was when we were so dirt poor that we needed cash to pay bills rather than cash for me to buy a gift and that was several several years ago.

I was thinking of maybe trying to exchange steam card money for something, like asking someone to buy something with actual money if they were planning on using that money to buy a steam game and I'd compensate by purchasing whatever they planned on buying on steam but give them a discount so they wouldn't spend as much money but still get whatever item they wanted.

I don't know. I'm stressed because this sunday is my birthday and I feel bad and I'm hoping it's gonna go smoothly and I'm just not sure what to do for KCB's birthday because everything I think about doing requires that I spend money at some point and I know she'll be happy just being able to spend the day with me but it hurts knowing that I'm so inept and so much of an invalid that I can't do a damned thing on my own without feeling like I have to resort to others giving me money.

Bleh.

....so hey good morning how's everybody doing?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How do you live without money/a bank account

al-azad
May 28, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

The dumbest complaint I've heard about the mario movie is that it isn't like the games even though the movie is very much so filled to the brim with stuff from the games but adapted in its own unique and neat way.

So uh

I apologize for asking this because I feel like a shithead for doing so but KCB's birthday is coming up on the 14th on June and I don't have income or money of my own to actually buy her any of the things I would want to buy her or to buy materials to make anything for her. I've been thinking about trying to do some kind of stream thing for cash where I'd just raise some money that way, but I don't have a bank account or paypal thing or anything like that separate from KCB and I don't think I could go through with doing anything like that anyway because the last time I did that was when we were so dirt poor that we needed cash to pay bills rather than cash for me to buy a gift and that was several several years ago.

I was thinking of maybe trying to exchange steam card money for something, like asking someone to buy something with actual money if they were planning on using that money to buy a steam game and I'd compensate by purchasing whatever they planned on buying on steam but give them a discount so they wouldn't spend as much money but still get whatever item they wanted.

I don't know. I'm stressed because this sunday is my birthday and I feel bad and I'm hoping it's gonna go smoothly and I'm just not sure what to do for KCB's birthday because everything I think about doing requires that I spend money at some point and I know she'll be happy just being able to spend the day with me but it hurts knowing that I'm so inept and so much of an invalid that I can't do a damned thing on my own without feeling like I have to resort to others giving me money.

Bleh.

....so hey good morning how's everybody doing?

Soooo occasionally you'll mention buying yourself some expensive board game or other tchotchke. I don't know if you actually follow through but you should sell one of those.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

How do you live without money/a bank account

I'm a leech, a parasite, a bloodsucking brokebrained bottom feeding dependent.

al-azad posted:

Soooo occasionally you'll mention buying yourself some expensive board game or other tchotchke. I don't know if you actually follow through but you should sell one of those.

Not my money, that was all stuff either bought for me by KCB or as gifts from others, so that is all stuff that belongs to KCB and it's not really my place to sell them behind her back.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 12:25 on May 24, 2018

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Surely someone is in need of an errand for which they can throw a few bucks your way. Some type of space clearout, or babysitting, or whatever, depending on what skills you have.

You can craft something yourself, either physically or digitally (e.g. a video).

If you're in the US (which I'm assuming given the level of destitution we're talking about here), sell blood (yours, ideally).

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I've been planning to ask a friend if he needs his lawn mowed because I know he was looking for someone to do that once before but this was back during winter so he was just looking for info on lawncare people, not necessarily for that specific moment in time what with all the snow and stuff.

Unfortunately nobody pays for blood around here, which is a shame imo

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Someone must want plasma.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
NOPE

It's kind of amazing.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

make an origami of her favorite animal

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

NOPE

It's kind of amazing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

blood?? for the :shrug: god

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wait I just realized that if I set this up right, I can head out to the blood bank 45 minutes from me and get some cash that way

plasma donation here I come!!!!!!!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Or you could just draw the blood yourself and give it to KCB directly. Or make a pie with it or something.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I refuse to reenact Thinner.

Also, bleh, closest place is an hour and a half away, so that's 3 hours round trip plus the multiple hours to actually do the donation and the lack of transportation to get out that far and I can't very well just ask KCB to drive me because then she'll know I'm getting money to do stuff and just

buuuuuuuuhhhhh why can't there be a plasma donation place near me, why can't this horrid wretched filth of a body be useful nearby instead of 90 minutes away ugh

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

What if it was as an acting gig you got paid for?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Try being a wacky catchphrasing twitch streamer with a low cut top and beg for donations?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
You cannot charge or be charged for blood in the US. A hospital can charge you for the supplies and labor involved in performing a transfusion, but the blood itself was freely given and is freely distributed. On one hand, that means you can only make money by giving up plasma, which might be a morally inferior option (if you have a rare blood type), but on the other it means no one who needs blood to survive an accident or an operation will be denied it for lack of funds. It's kind of neat.

FAK, it's clear that KCB loves you for you without regard for how poorly you see yourself. Just take her for a hike or something, maybe make a brownie in a cup if you have some baking ingredients in the cupboard. Write her a little poem. Rub her feet, play her favorite music, and don't say "I"m sorry I couldn't do [x] because I'm [y]." It'll be fine, and you're okay the way you are.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Also, bleh, closest place is an hour and a half away, so that's 3 hours round trip plus the multiple hours to actually do the donation and the lack of transportation to get out that far and I can't very well just ask KCB to drive me because then she'll know I'm getting money to do stuff and just

buuuuuuuuhhhhh why can't there be a plasma donation place near me, why can't this horrid wretched filth of a body be useful nearby instead of 90 minutes away ugh

....I mean.

I've seen her in this thread sometimes, so uh maybe the ship on her not knowing has sailed?

Also I dunno, maybe look up how to make something on the internet? I don't know what she likes but maybe something with like wood or whatever, that can be just found around. Might need to commandeer a friends shed though. I made my mum a vase once when I was completely broke back in uni.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

FAK, it's clear that KCB loves you for you without regard for how poorly you see yourself. Just take her for a hike or something, maybe make a brownie in a cup if you have some baking ingredients in the cupboard. Write her a little poem. Rub her feet, play her favorite music, and don't say "I"m sorry I couldn't do [x] because I'm [y]." It'll be fine, and you're okay the way you are.

Yeah I just...

I wish I could do more. When I get disability, I will do more, and I'll at least be a little content knowing that I can contribute to the home in some way, to know I can give out gifts on my birthday like others do, to not feel so bad about people giving me things because I know I can give them things, to be able to pay for the unfun stuff like gas and bills so that KCB can feel better about using her money on fun things she wants to use it on.

Honestly I just feel like whoever bought that red text a while back was right, that this is just an abusive relationship and that maybe my mother's right and I'm a worthless manipulative reincarnation of Satan whose existence is based around grifting.

I've just been super stressed this past week. With my birthday getting closer and closer, I've been getting more and more frustrated with myself and stressed, and KCB's been having to deal with me convulsing and crying in my sleep the past several days because of night terrors. I just want everything to calm down for a bit. I went to the neurologist yesterday and I was so nervous and anxious that the NPs noticed and I could hear them talking about it out at the office desk and I just feel guilty about people worrying or fussing over me and I just need a breather from life. I wish I could just fall into a dreamless sleep for a week or something so that this would all be over with.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Convex posted:

Try being a wacky catchphrasing twitch streamer with a low cut top and beg for donations?

The real money is being a neocon on youtube. Go around town and ask people direct questions like "there are only two genders, prove me wrong." Guaranteed a million hits.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

there's gonna be a million hits alright. me hitting you, and then your 999,999 constitute pieces hitting the floor

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Well the Warcraft movie was a movie

I like the Warcraft movie and really want a sequel. :/

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm in the "cook/bake her something nice" camp. Even if you don't regularly cook well, you should be able to find a fool-proof recipe for, like, brownies or something on the internet and as long as you follow it directly it should turn out all right.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if parts of your body are in the mix why not make a voodoo doll of yourself. every girl loves a voodoo doll

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

IIRC it did well in China because of course, so an eventual sequel is probably likely.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The second Warcraft movie will be a bigger hit because it will have sexy night elves.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Find something cool and old at a charity shop and loving restore it

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

FAK I've been in your situation before, where I was totally dependent on my partner and it made me feel like a garbage leech all the time, and when people found out it felt like their attitude toward me inevitably changed, and some people did outright poo poo on me for being a parasite. It sucks! It sucks and you feel helpless and worthless. But you arent, you're a valuable individual and I'm sure KCB recognizes that.

Have you tried some work from home stuff? I can't hold a real job either but I finally found a work from home gig doing search engine evaluation part time and that finally lets me bring in actual money.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Getting money and things from you is obviously not a priority for her. Do something cool for her. Make a meal, go on a hike, etc. Is there anything she's responsible for at home that you could do? Do something to make her life better instead of buying something to make her happy.

Also try not to stress about it.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

I said come in! posted:

Thank God for China.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
patrick noooooo

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

my mother in law keeps buying this stupid loving things for my four year old and he has so many and doesn't play with them at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Alchemy was not meant to be used this way.

• Locked thread