Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Thanks :) I felt a bit guilty for dipping into the quartz I‘ve been saving up for Summer but it‘s pretty hard to feel bad after that roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Not having anyone I want to roll for until next year is great. Its still far enough away that I don't mind just wasting my Quartz on whatever.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've managed to proc d'eons charm multiple times on ibaraki, so anything is possible when you're doing enough runs.

Raften
May 20, 2007
Cognates! They stay crunchy, even in milk!
I don't think I can put together a team that can do 3bp. Most of my team is dead past turn 6, and Cu isn't good enough to survive for 10 turns.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Shinjobi posted:

I think it's pretty badass and not bullshit at all that reviving through Guts doesn't do away with status effects. At the very least, the skill seal and stun didn't go anywhere on my Cu after he came back up. I had one turn left, and no way to pop protection from arrows.

Thanks for teaching me this, game. I'm definitely not salty. Not a bit. Even a tad.

:qq:

Is your character actually reviving, though? Even though the HP drops to 0 for a moment and recovers after guts, I thought guts meant surviving an attack that would have killed you otherwise, meaning the status effects would remain since the character didn't actually die.

Anyway, I'm having a much better time with the 3bp today, partly because Orion class-advantage and partly because a few of the tips on how to best use the arts setup w/ Tamamo helped make the runs more consistent. Those hands are getting a bit too much hp for comfort, though.

This event is also showing me I need to at least level/skill up George and D'eon for when I need some viable taunters. Most of my exp and mats have been going to rarer cards, and I'm not that hardcore of a farmer to never run out of mats.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Banana is down again.

Tonight/tomorrow is probably going to be the hardest clear (Rider hands, 3 Trillion in 24 hours), so if you are able to survive 3BP for it and are in no need of gourds I might suggest using your riceballs during that period to help NA get across the finish line. Only if you feel it won't impact your gourd/shop clearing, of course.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
After a fair bit of tweeking, I can consistently survive BP3. Only getting about half the banana's health, but I'll take what I can get.

Definitely gonna be the first time I fail to clear a shop. It stings, but realistically all I'll really miss out on are some mats.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
All of you should get used to the feeling of not clearing shop considering the next event is literally right after this one.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Unfortunately it's journey to the west.

e: also you shouldn't feel bad about having issues with this event since this was a testbed that they tweaked (retaining damage points on defeat, more difficulty levels, etc) on future iterations.

Motto fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 24, 2018

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Random thought: since Fran is already a girl, would an hypothetical Bride of Frankenstein be a dude, or another girl? Or an a D'Eon?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

MonsieurChoc posted:

Random thought: since Fran is already a girl, would an hypothetical Bride of Frankenstein be a dude, or another girl? Or an a D'Eon?
A regular Frankenstein monster I would think. Or just have Merlin put a dick on Fran. Whichever is your fancy.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Her profile says she is looking for a "bridegroom of Frankenstein", and her master would be it if they form a strong enough bond.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Motto posted:

Unfortunately it's journey to the west.

e: also you shouldn't feel bad about having issues with this event since this was a testbed that they tweaked (retaining damage points on defeat, more difficulty levels, etc) on future iterations.

that's a legitimate relief to hear.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
My Herakles just soloed the last 1mil HP of 3 BP Ibaraki. :eyepop:

Dropping the last Golden Carp for Herakles and his Bond CE turned out to be a very good choice.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Lt. Lizard posted:

My Herakles just soloed the last 1mil HP of 3 BP Ibaraki. :eyepop:

Dropping the last Golden Carp for Herakles and his Bond CE turned out to be a very good choice.

can't wait until i finally finish that bond grind

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I have yet to get a single bond CE on NA. But I only have 30 000 points left for Asterios.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I also don't have a bond CE yet, but Salter will get hers in less than 10k bond points. After that Gilgamesh is probably the next servant to get maxed out since he is halfway to Lv. 9, but I'm also trying to get Nero Bride to max since her bond CE seems really useful.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
So wait with paid Gacha the limited servants aren't in it which was obviously the case before but I thought they started adding them into the lineups for guaranteeds? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Can you do both or just one of them? I'm hurting in Knights (I only have Mo, Void, Okita, and Scath) and Cavs are bad too (Jack and Iskandar), so I really need a 5* Caster. This event has been hell simply because doing the 1 mil just got really boring. 6 mil isn't feasible since i don't have a viable stall team at all.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 24, 2018

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

RMZXAnarchy posted:

So wait with paid Gacha the limited servants aren't in it which was obviously the case before but I thought they started adding them into the lineups for guaranteeds? Maybe I'm misremembering.

That didn't start happening until the second anniversary. So we've got a whole year for that to happen on NA.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Can you do both or just one of them? I'm hurting in Knights (I only have Mo, Void, Okita, and Scath) and Cavs are bad too (Jack and Iskandar), so I really need a 5* Caster. This event has been hell simply because doing the 1 mil just got really boring. 6 mil isn't feasible since i don't have a viable stall team at all.

You can only do Knights or Cavalry, not both. Also, your Knights seem fine to me? Like, Okita and Scathach are arguably the best in their class on NA at the moment, and Archers have plenty of low rarity wonders like Robin, David, Euryale, etc.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They eventually include most if not all 5* Limiteds in some guaranteed gachas, but they're all the really huge pools rather than anything you can narrow out dupe chances.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wish I got Jeanne so I could sleepwalk through this event

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i wish i had a mega marie so i could kira kira through this event

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've seen plenty of people having issues despite Jalter.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I wish I had a 5*

I'm satisfied with just doing the 2BP

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Motto posted:

Yeah, Jalter gives you a better chance, but that's about it. Frankly I think I'd be better off if I had a more reliable stall team. I just didn't prepare my 3 stars as well as I should have!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Motto posted:

I was doing fine until the saber fights, where her damage stopped being enough to kill Ibaraki, and her low durability hurts her. I had to have Orion take her place, dropping my average damage from almost 6 mil per 3bp to 4.5 mil per 3bp.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Jalters big thing is crits; if she can't do that she's still strong but not super special for the purposes of this event, and she doesn't have any days where she's more durable.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I just have Waver, who owns, but lacking a big damage dealer hurts me a lot. My 3BP clears have been pretty painful.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I haven't been using my Jalter, I've found Gil to be more useful since he has an AoE NP to take out the hands that still hits the boss pretty hard and he can generate his own crit stars.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Nobu, if you have her, is a pretty good Crit servant

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i wish i had more seeds so i could ascend cu. i might be able to do 3bp with jalter/mash/support waver/leonidas/george/cu

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Removing my debuffs is just rude.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

crit servants are actually really good for this event because when you swap in a backliner with a MLB carp to buff them, they drop an extra 20 stars in the tank

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

today's Oni Arts is the cruelest so far

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I think I might have to finally tap out of the 3BP and spend the rest of the event grinding gourds. These Rider hands have too much HP for me to deal with before they deal too much significant damage to either Waver. And the NP gain down from Ibaraki actually makes it tough to NP her to death like I've been doing with Jalter and chaining Waver NPs.

I'm at a little over 200mil DP, so hopefully I can reach the 300mil threshold from grinding out the 2BP quest.

EDIT: Well, I might do some 3BPs once the zerker days come along to see if I can farm it, but for now, nah.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Well I managed to miss the loving chase quest because I forgot to start it before the timer was up.

Kind of lovely that you can completely miss a story event if you dont catch it before the time limit. Moreso that they refresh at a different time than the day changeover. Really throws me off and kinda sours the rest of this event for me. :mad:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Kind of lovely that you can completely miss a story event if you dont catch it before the time limit. Moreso that they refresh at a different time than the day changeover. Really throws me off and kinda sours the rest of this event for me. :mad:

At least you can still read it in the My Room Quest Log.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

even if i completely missed the quest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

RMZXAnarchy posted:

even if i completely missed the quest?

Yeah, it should still be there. Aurora said so earlier in the thread.