Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

beep by grandpa posted:

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/999632869164306432?s=19

Yikes how hard did that game fail? I feel like it just came out

It's done fine enough, it might have done better had SE not put it out like three days after MHW in US/EU. It's still doing pretty well in arcades so hey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I was going to get it but it turns out the only character who didn't make it back from Dissidia 1 was the character I liked the most and he's not on year 1's season pass so lmao I'll just play MHW and other poo poo instead thanks

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neron posted:

I just purchased a 4K OLED tv, and now I want to upgrade my base PS4 to Pro. Should I wait until E3 for a possible price drop/model refresh, or should I pull the trigger now, what do you think?

I'd at least wait until E3 to see if there are any sales (probably on bundles,) but barring that, I wouldn't expect a price drop until Black Friday. The Pro rarely goes on sale, it's always the base PS4.

I just bought the Battlefront II Pro bundle for non-bundle price in February, but that was probably because of the hugely negative reception of that game. Oh, and maybe just maybe because it looks hideous (the bundle, not the game!)

enojy fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 24, 2018

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Dark Souls Remastered is definitely Dark Souls with high res, better textures and better frame rate.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Policenaut posted:

I was going to get it but it turns out the only character who didn't make it back from Dissidia 1 was the character I liked the most and he's not on year 1's season pass so lmao I'll just play MHW and other poo poo instead thanks

Hatred is what drives you.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

It's like watching the Phantom Menace but it was actually the best in the franchise and then they rereleased a tweaked version of the original trilogy to be more like it

Well, I mean... :v:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I found Kiwami unplayable when I picked it up after finishing Yakuza 0. Which made me sad.

This is the weirdest opinion I've seen about these games. It's scope isn't as broad but unless you were just 100% burnt out on Yakuza after 0 I don't see how you would find Kiwami "unplayable." It's more Yakuza in the exact same game engine with the exact same fighting styles.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hatred is what drives you.

I just want my Gabby back mang.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Dark Souls Remastered is definitely Dark Souls with high res, better textures and better frame rate.

Tbh isn't that exactly what "remastered" even means now anymore? That's really all I expect when I hear the term now and anything else new is icing on the cake.

For me my expectations are

Definitive/goty edition: all dlc
Remasteted/HD: higher res, higher fps, better textures/effects. Basically just "ultra high" settings on pc
Remake: completely all new assets from the ground up, built to compete graphically with the standards of current gen

What do you guys think? I see a lot of people get disappointed by "remasters" and kinda wish we had more consistent language and less getting owned by marketing

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I finally bought the into gimmick because I need to play actual for-real game of the year god of war in 4k. The good news is it only cost me 200, which is nice.

beep by grandpa posted:

Tbh isn't that exactly what "remastered" even means now anymore? That's really all I expect when I hear the term now and anything else new is icing on the cake.

Remasteted/HD: higher res, higher fps, better textures/effects. Basically just "ultra high" settings on pc
Remake: completely all new assets from the ground up, built to compete graphically with the standards of current gen

What do you guys think? I see a lot of people get disappointed by "remasters" and kinda wish we had more consistent language and less getting owned by marketing

The Dark Souls remaster is exactly what Bamco promised it would be and that makes some people really really mad

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

"Remastered" can mean anything from an actual dedicated pass at the original product to some intern editing dark_souls.ini to DisplayResolution = 2560x1440 so you never know what you're getting until you see it in the open. It's the "organic non-GMO" of video game marketing terminology.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

This is what it is supposed to be, but you get situations where like Activision calls Crash N. Sane Trilogy (which is a remake) a remaster and it muddies the branding.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've never gotten past the first two bosses of DS1 but if there's anything I know about souls fans it's that if they significantly hosed around with mechanics and added lots of new quality of life features, bamco would still get poo poo on for caving in to the mainstream and sullying the "true" dark souls experience

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My copy of Dark Souls just shipped 😁😁😁

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I'm still playing Monster Hunter World and Dragon Ball Fighterz.

Funny that these 2 games released on the same day 5 months ago.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

beep by grandpa posted:

I had pipe dreams that Dark Souls Remastered would just be Dark Souls 1 on the Dark Souls 3 engine, but it was just that, a pipe dream.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Motto posted:

Well, I mean... :v:

Both parts have to be true

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/999632869164306432?s=19

Yikes how hard did that game fail? I feel like it just came out

It launched next to dragonball and also it stinks

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In God of War I just got the Blades of Chaos and tbh I wish they’d given you them from the start. They’re very satisfying to use and now it really feels like a proper GoW game.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Made the mistake of buying Kingdom come deliverance and now I'm hooked on the game.

I love how my Henry has turned from a bumbling idiot into a bandit murdering, church preaching sob who enjoys breaking into peoples homes to choke them out and steal all their belongings

As a result I still have not completed Yakuza 6 or started God of war.

And now I've preordered Detroit become human...

My backlog is growing and growing its so hard to keep up with these releases :v:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ME:A has one of the most underwhelming introductions to any game I’ve ever played.

It’s so dull

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Pablo Nergigante posted:

In God of War I just got the Blades of Chaos and tbh I wish they’d given you them from the start. They’re very satisfying to use and now it really feels like a proper GoW game.

I completely disagree. Seeing Kratos unveil them and then immediately start trembling at the thought of having to put them on again, all while Athena is mocking him was simply outstanding.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TaurusOxford posted:

I completely disagree. Seeing Kratos unveil them and then immediately start trembling at the thought of having to put them on again, all while Athena is mocking him was simply outstanding.

I mean it was a cool moment for sure, I'm just talking about gameplay-wise

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
1 hour till Nier:A :D
Really, really excited!!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nier sux

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Oops sorry my finger slipped, meant to say Nier owns

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

VoLaTiLe posted:

Made the mistake of buying Kingdom come deliverance and now I'm hooked on the game.

I love how my Henry has turned from a bumbling idiot into a bandit murdering, church preaching sob who enjoys breaking into peoples homes to choke them out and steal all their belongings

As a result I still have not completed Yakuza 6 or started God of war.

And now I've preordered Detroit become human...

My backlog is growing and growing its so hard to keep up with these releases :v:

According to the Kingdom Come dev, they've got a big patch coming really soon. I'm pretty excited to try it out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I really like Kingdom Come, like a lot, but I stopped playing because of all the bugs and every time I think they've sufficiently squashed all the bugs I go "Okay time to get back into Kingdom Come" and then I read that they have another big patch coming and go "Welp I guess I'll keep playing Monster Hunter I guess until then."

Are they ever going to implement New Game +? Because that's what I want the most right now. Just let me restart as literate, competent Henry and do gimmick runs.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
How is Absolver? Worth the asking price?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

ME:A has one of the most underwhelming introductions to any game I’ve ever played.

It’s so dull

Yep, game is real bad! Probably well worth the $5 or whatever it goes for now though.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

hello sexy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Renoistic posted:

How is Absolver? Worth the asking price?

I think it flopped pretty hard so it might not have much mp potential left

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a primate posted:

Yep, game is real bad! Probably well worth the $5 or whatever it goes for now though.

I paid €7 for it and I would say it’s absolutely not worth it.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I paid €7 for it and I would say it’s absolutely not worth it.

That's fair. I certainly regret paying full pop when it first came out.

I mean, it was kind of infuriatingly bad. They just came out of cryo-sleep after traveling light years away from an exploding Earth. Surely the game should have had a more exciting startup (and middle, and end....).

a primate fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 24, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

still playing Andromeda and still enjoying it 😁😁😁👍👍

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Steve Yun posted:

Yeah but isn’t that like watching phantom menace before Star Wars

0 is completely re-contextualizing the first games and Kiwami had several changes applied to it based on 0

DrNutt posted:

This is the weirdest opinion I've seen about these games. It's scope isn't as broad but unless you were just 100% burnt out on Yakuza after 0 I don't see how you would find Kiwami "unplayable." It's more Yakuza in the exact same game engine with the exact same fighting styles.

The beginning of Kiwami is a bit rough because you have to unlock the basic Heat Actions you could perform from the start in 0 so the first few fights all you can do is the very basic combos and the ground heat actions until you unlock the first Climax Bar.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

fridge corn posted:

still playing Andromeda and still enjoying it 😁😁😁👍👍

Playing bad games to own the libs.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Playing bad games to own the libs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Andromeda is just a big dumb campy space opera shooter rpg idk what's not to like about it