Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Slashie! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90_Qf85d9nQ

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Please keep up with the purges, R. Guyovich. :commissar:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

this broken hill posted:

we had a ladythread offsite for a while and it was amazing, but then we discovered that terfs lurk in the most unexpected places
wait, there's a terf dadchatter?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

R. Mute posted:

wait, there's a terf dadchatter?

Ladythread, only terf here was maybe AR

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm wearing every hat at this new job, it's kind of intimidating

on the bright side i'm starting to remember plant names for stuff besides the pretty ones

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Horseshoe theory posted:

Please keep up with the purges, R. Guyovich. :commissar:

No, I Am Spartacus!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/999460926167437313

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

this broken hill posted:

why you would deliberately lie your way into a trans-friendly safe space claiming you're all about trans rights and then turn around once you're in there and go "GUESS WHAT", i have no idea

i'm reminded of feminism thread terf regular step aside, who ended up being a cis man pretending to be a woman lol

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

exmarx posted:

i'm reminded of feminism thread terf regular step aside, who ended up being a cis man pretending to be a woman lol
step aside's case was a bit more complicated than that, they were transitioning but then de-transitioned, went back to identifying as male, and had a white-hot hatred for trans people but still identified as trans at the same time

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

this broken hill posted:

step aside's case was a bit more complicated than that, they were transitioning but then de-transitioned, went back to identifying as male, and had a white-hot hatred for trans people but still identified as trans at the same time

how does that happen

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sounds made up to me but I'm skeptical of stuff

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/business/status/999408718516236288?s=21

this broken hill posted:

right. but still, lol.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This was inevitable and I'm so glad it's finally here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXEMif7ySeg

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

aotearoa new zealand represent

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

exmarx posted:

aotearoa new zealand represent

Link to study/article plz.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Lurdiak posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/23/opinion/international-world/centrists-democracy.html

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lurdiak posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/23/opinion/international-world/centrists-democracy.html

Based on which political spectrum people plotted themselves on regardless of whether or not that self-assessment would be considered accurate, e.g. people with right-wing views who still consider themselves in the political center.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Randler posted:

Based on which political spectrum people plotted themselves on regardless of whether or not that self-assessment would be considered accurate, e.g. people with right-wing views who still consider themselves in the political center.

Kind of expected that. A lot of people who think of themselves as centrist are actually way to the right. That one guy who left Law and Order because he thought the show runner was an INSANE LEFTIST and ran off to Canada to write books about how great libertarianism is considers himself a centrist.

Then there's the fascists who deliberately call themselves moderates to make the left seem more extreme.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

Counterpoint: liberals :argh:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Interview for a big promotion at a not gun company tomorrow. I'm hype.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yesterday they had rifles coming through that had an engraving with that Greek quote from the Spartans where they got told to hand over their weapons and they said come and take them. The United States government being equated with the Persian menace in this context. I about lost my poo poo.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Volkerball posted:

Yesterday they had rifles coming through that had an engraving with that Greek quote from the Spartans where they got told to hand over their weapons and they said come and take them. The United States government being equated with the Persian menace in this context. I about lost my poo poo.

put MOLON LATHE on one of the CNC machines

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

sudo rm -rf posted:

how does that happen

Internalized transphobia is a hell of a drug

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

WoodrowSkillson posted:

put MOLON LATHE on one of the CNC machines

This job is a lathe programmer so i could engrave that on a part inside a lathe.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Volkerball posted:

This job is a lathe programmer so i could engrave that on a part inside a lathe.

dope, what industry is this on in?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm guessing oil primarily. I recognize the parent company from oil poo poo in Denver, and they make really big and expensive bearings and seals that probably have a lot of utility in drilling and wells.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Volkerball posted:

I'm guessing oil primarily. I recognize the parent company from oil poo poo in Denver, and they make really big and expensive bearings and seals that probably have a lot of utility in drilling and wells.

nice

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The prospect of vb taking up the GoJM mantle of residental management booj is very exciting to me.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't be in charge of anyone. I'd just have more technical responsibilities in the shop. If you had to shove it into a spiteful dadchat meme it'd probably have to be tech bro.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Hrm, maybe. Would you be open to growing a ponytail to help sell that persona?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Volkerball posted:

Ah, the moron label

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

I wouldn't be in charge of anyone. I'd just have more technical responsibilities in the shop. If you had to shove it into a spiteful dadchat meme it'd probably have to be tech bro.

skilled labor

still living that tradesman's life

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

sudo rm -rf posted:

how does that happen

for starters, admins knew they were a harasser and let them continue posting

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Randler posted:

long hair is p dumb to have around lathes

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Randler posted:

Absolutely not.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

Absolutely not.

volkerball: his brand is marginally better than absurd alhazred’s

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/ronaldravegan/status/999424349500141568?s=21

lol

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
chirped at by a chirp bat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i am getting a visit from my father this evening and look forward to sharing his quasi-schizophrenic cosmic revelations with you all

• Locked thread