Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Feinne posted:

Waaah the media won't stop talking about how much money we're losing and how Model 3 production is still sunk deep into the Molasses Swamp FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS.

obviously these people are the best of us, which is why they're rich as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The right wing version of free speech isn't free speech at all. It's forcing people to listen to right wing bullshit whether they want to or not.

This definitely seems to be what our new friend seems to want.

"People must listen to right wingers or else their freedom of speech is being revoked!" - RealTalk, a loving moron

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

"Hey that's a racist thing to say": oppressive violation of the right to free speech, equivalent to concentration camps, actually worse because all Nazis want is a chance to be heard.

Everyone in society agreeing to shun loose women, denying them jobs, housing, and the means to sustain themselves until they atone for their wanton behavior and dedicate themselves to domestic service at the feet of a man: peaceful implementation of vital social mores and disagreeing is prima facie proof of insanity.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Panzeh posted:

obviously these people are the best of us, which is why they're rich as gently caress

His loving bitchy baby investor call recently was goddamn hilarious.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Feinne posted:

His loving bitchy baby investor call recently was goddamn hilarious.

When Dagny Taggart did it in Atlas Shrugged everyone stood up and clapped!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

RealTalk posted:

And I don't concede that the conservatives and/or libertarians that I like are bigots by any reasonable definition of that term. But even if they were, I'd still argue that they'd be far better ethically than a war criminal like Hillary Clinton.

While yes, Hillary Clinton is a bloodthirsty psychopath personally responsible for countless death, the idea that someone like Ann Coulter is "better ethically" only because she's never been in a position of power to actually implement her desire for an America-led worldwide jihad to massacre the infidel and convert everyone to Christianity by the sword is...extremely dubious.

Just because a person in power is responsible for tens or hundreds of thousands of deaths doesn't mean that a person openly calling for hundreds of millions of deaths is "better, ethically" solely because they haven't been able to accomplish their poo poo-smearingly insane genocidal fantasies.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I reported Milo to CPS because of his remarks about grooming and I'm a mandatory reporter. They already had a file open on him.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Aw, I missed all the fun!

That's at least a 98% jrod match, just reading what he wrote, with a few standout lines.

RealTalk posted:

It's a little ironic that you use these arguments against me. If you truly believe that the first amendment implies both freedom of association and disassociation, then you logically have to oppose all anti-discrimination laws. After all, property owners have the right to choose who they want to associate with and who they want to disassociate with.
That last line is a goddamn dead giveaway IMO. That's fuckin' vintage jrod :discourse:

also please bring back jrodbot wrenP :buddy:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It's interesting that he doesn't agree with the Civil Rights Act but also thinks you should be compelled to pay thousands of dollars to any Tom, Dick, or Adolf who wants to make money on the grifting circuit as a paid speaker.

Like he wants a bizarro-civil-rights act wherein the only legal reason to refuse to hire someone is if they are black or a woman or gay.

:) "Sorry, I won't pay Ann Coulter to do a job because she's a warmongering theocrat who masturbates to a fascist USA cleansing the world of infidels".
:spergin: "omg you're worse than Hitler what about free speech"
:) "Oh okay, then it's...uh...because she's a woman"
:spergin: "And that's your god-given right and I will defend to the death your freedom to do it, God bless you patriot :911:"

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 24, 2018

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

theshim posted:

Aw, I missed all the fun!

That's at least a 98% jrod match, just reading what he wrote, with a few standout lines.

That last line is a goddamn dead giveaway IMO. That's fuckin' vintage jrod :discourse:

also please bring back jrodbot wrenP :buddy:

It's similar, but he's not nearly verbose enough to be Jrod.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's totally jrod. He just learned what the enter key is for in large bodies of text.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

paragon1 posted:

It's totally jrod. He just learned what the enter key is for in large bodies of text.

So far he hasn't started any sentence with "Surely..." or quoted Mises.org, so the jury's still out on this one yet.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Not all idiots are jrod, I mean what about Eripsa?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
He's doing the "I don't want to talk about X" and then vomiting an impenetrable wall of text about X thing which is classic jrod. :v:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Yeah the poo poo like invoking a bunch of famous names and then going "surely you wouldn't dare impugn their honor, right?" is a jrod signature. If it were eripsa there would be way more charts, and also more utopianism.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Goon Danton posted:

Yeah the poo poo like invoking a bunch of famous names and then going "surely you wouldn't dare impugn their honor, right?" is a jrod signature. If it were eripsa there would be way more charts, and also more utopianism.

And even bigger, denser walls of text.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Caros posted:

I agree, I don't think libertarians are fascists. If you go read my posts in this thread I think the two are largely incompatible, but that there does end up being a weird pipeline where people start libertarian and end up fascist after twisting themselves into absurd knots. The difference is that I think libertarianism in and of itself is also a horrific ideology that basically extolls the absolute worst of capitalism into an ideological framework that reduces human beings down into transactional relationships that is both fundamentally unworkable and utterly horrific. Libertarianism sucks rear end in an entirely distinct way from fascists, its just that lovely people tend to get drawn to either belief and it is easy for one to roll into the other, particularly when libertarianism overlaps so disgustingly with the modern right wing.

Why is this? I’ve seen It happen to friends and people I know. They start talking about Ron Paul and vote for him in 08 and 12 then they end up talking about how the left needs to be controlled and whatnot

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

barkbell posted:

Why is this? I’ve seen It happen to friends and people I know. They start talking about Ron Paul and vote for him in 08 and 12 then they end up talking about how the left needs to be controlled and whatnot

Ron Paul says quietly what fascists shout.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 24, 2018

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

OK let's settle this permabanned poster identity question once and for all: RealTalk which celebrity do you most resemble irl? I will also accept a hotornot.com link

E: For fairness I will go first

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

im permabanned poster statestomper58. i first started reading jordan peterson when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "hierarchies" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "clean your room" and "the lobster nervous system runs on serotonin" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "self-help" style of peterson's writing was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" jordan peterson to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Goon Danton posted:

Also because I didn't make this clear in spite of noting all those guys were way smarter than Peterson I would totally impugn their honor. For one thing they inspired a waste of skin to start running at the mouth about similarities between aquatic cockroaches and humans, how girls are icky, and white pride worldwide.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Ron Paul says quietly what fascists shout.

Does he? I’ll admit I’ve never listened to the guy but isn’t he about like why should I pay for that bridge or road and just de regulate everything... o... hmmm I see

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

My favorite "by criticizing X thinker I like you have discredited yourself" moment was for this guy

Go home scientists, all your empirical evidence is no match for the question-begging superpowers of a praxeologist!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

barkbell posted:

Does he? I’ll admit I’ve never listened to the guy but isn’t he about like why should I pay for that bridge or road and just de regulate everything... o... hmmm I see

Yeah if you look at his voting record it doesn't match what he says. He's very far to the right and isn't nearly as libertarian as he wants to be. He also makes a lot of loud public statements about how he's all for freedom and isn't a racist or homophobe, see, while late whispering about how those people are inferior while voting away their rights.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

VitalSigns posted:

My favorite "by criticizing X thinker I like you have discredited yourself" moment was for this guy

Go home scientists, all your empirical evidence is no match for the question-begging superpowers of a praxeologist!

alright that is legit making me angry irl holy gently caress

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah if you look at his voting record it doesn't match what he says. He's very far to the right and isn't nearly as libertarian as he wants to be. He also makes a lot of loud public statements about how he's all for freedom and isn't a racist or homophobe, see, while late whispering about how those people are inferior while voting away their rights.

In one notable case either he reflexively voted no without reading the bill or actually had some problem with a bill intended to prevent government money going to Sudanese death squads. :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Polygynous posted:

In one notable case either he reflexively voted no without reading the bill or actually had some problem with a bill intended to prevent government money going to Sudanese death squads. :allears:
"No", says the man in Galveston. "It belongs to the Janjaweed".

That'd be the Darfur Accountability and Divestment Act of 2007!

...which had exactly one Nay vote before it died in Senate committee, and it was Ron Paul.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

DACK FAYDEN posted:

"No", says the man in Galveston. "It belongs to the Janjaweed".

I was trying to find that one image but like most of the LF golden age stuff I no longer have it. :(

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/998914977347129344

:haw:

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/999460926167437313

lol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

VitalSigns posted:

That is a man I want to see guillotined. Praxeology is such pseudoscientific bullcrap invented just to make pseudointellectual's ideas above question (in their mind)

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

That is a man I want to see guillotined. Praxeology is such pseudoscientific bullcrap invented just to make pseudointellectual's ideas above question (in their mind)

What you don't understand is that people act.

Therefore, [vomits a continual stream of bullshit while farting uncontrolably.]

So you see taxes are theft and the more different you are from me the less you deserve anything.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
that second big bang one is like a level beyond not even wrong, drat

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

botany posted:

I've heard of the time value of money, but never the money value of time.

There is an argument that the big bang cannot have a definite beginning, and could have sped up and slowed down (expansion theory) but that is way above this mush-brained idiot's level of thinking.

Babylon Astronaut fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 25, 2018

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Never heard of Praxeology before, but the first post reminds me of the Ontological argument for the existence of God which basically came down to "define something into existence"

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Calico Heart posted:

Never heard of Praxeology before, but the first post reminds me of the Ontological argument for the existence of God which basically came down to "define something into existence"

pretty much.

Ludwig von Mises posted:

The subject matter of all historical sciences is the past. They cannot teach us anything which would be valid for all human actions, that is, for the future too …

No laboratory experiments can be performed with regard to human action. We are never in a position to observe the change in one element only, all other conditions of the event remaining unchanged. Historical experience as an experience of complex phenomena does not provide us with facts in the sense in which the natural sciences employ this term to signify isolated events tested in experiments. The information conveyed by historical experience cannot be used as building material for the construction of theories and the prediction of future events …

[Praxeology’s] statements and propositions are not derived from experience. They are, like those of logic and mathematics, a priori. They are not subject to verification or falsification on the ground of experience and facts.

despite this, proponents keep making predictions and claims, and insisting they are, somehow, still worth listening to and their predictions are worth applying to the world

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

That last paragraph is pretty funny, because you can construct all kinds of different mathematics depending on your initial choice of axioms, which have exactly zero predictive power for the real world.

botany posted:

Turns out when you invent a philosophy that says if reality disagrees with what you want to believe, it must be that reality is wrong, you go to some pretty weird places!

As a dumbass teen I got into Ayn Rand but I was also really into science, so getting into her nonfiction essays and seeing how she rejected all of modern physics without understanding anything about it was like "huh what happened to being rational"

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Not to dredge the spectre back up, but since it was so recent a topic, JBP is doing a poorly thought out AMA on reddit right now and getting absolutely dunked on.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Danger posted:

Not to dredge the spectre back up, but since it was so recent a topic, JBP is doing a poorly thought out AMA on reddit right now and getting absolutely dunked on.

I mean he is ideologically unable to objectively evaluate the merits of his ideas or how badly they'll do when exposed to the light of day so it's not really a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
A few days ago I asked my therapist if he'd heard of Jordan Peterson, and he hadn't, and as soon as I mentioned that Peterson was a Jungian psychologist, a look of disgust and remorse came over his face and he said "Oh dear, I'm so sorry." and he just sat there looking sad and apologetic.