Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Sestze posted:

I forget what thread I saw this image posted in, but i thought it was funny enough to make as my avatar.

I don't know if it's the lighting in them or what, but this photo and the pizza girl one always make me crack up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Since the can is in simmering water, the pressure buildup inside will be limited because the temp is limited. You should let it cool before opening, but I’ve used this method multiple times and the can doesn’t even bulge. I suppose if you just put the can directly on the burner there’d be a good risk of explosive decompression, but not so much in a pot of simmering water.

I too have done this many times without any hint of pressure build up in the can. If there was such a high chance of exploding the cans using this method I don't think they would be allowed to print the instructions on the can.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Trastion posted:

That's Negan...

Nah, Lucille is wrapped in barbed wire. Baseball bat with nails is 80s post-apoc as gently caress.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The whole point of canning is that you can heat the it to a point where you kill off any bacteria inside it. That why the contents last so long.

If they couldn't handle sitting in an open pan of boiling water where the temperature can never go higher than 100°C they'd be useless.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This boy is quite content with his life, but he just wants to be a bit more buff.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

gently caress

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Somebody about to be startled.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

SpacePig posted:

I don't know if it's the lighting in them or what, but this photo and the pizza girl one always make me crack up.

Prepare to get cracked:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Prepare to get cracked:

Thank you very much for this blessing.

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

idgi

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

A kid hacked apart a calculator so they could stick a smartphone inside it and (attempt to) cheat at a math test.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Double Punctuation posted:

Please don’t actually make caramel this way. There’s a good chance you’ll end up with hot metal shards and molten caramel embedded in your face. If you think that risk is worth being too lazy to stir the milk, then yes, it does work. Unless it explodes and makes a mess worse than a real pressure cooker explosion. In that case, it works to make content for this thread.

Also there's a good chance you can just buy the caramelised stuff, if there's a supermarket near you selling Russian (varyonka) or South American (dulce de leche) specialties. It might even be right next to the condensed milk.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I guess so it would be a more advanced calculator?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I make the homemade caramel but I only leave it in the pressure pan for around half the time because I don't actually like caramel, just the hardened condensed milk that you get if you do it that way.

https://twitter.com/KeetPotato/status/999679167523426304

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Baron von Eevl posted:

I guess so it would be a more advanced calculator?

Or so they could use something called the "internet" to look up answers

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean sure but he has it open to the calculator, and it's not like the prof would look at that and say "yes that's a totally normal calculator."

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

lol #NotAllMen

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

Baron von Eevl posted:

I mean sure but he has it open to the calculator, and it's not like the prof would look at that and say "yes that's a totally normal calculator."

Probably not that smart to begin with if you need to cheat so you can graduate.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

youknowthatoneguy posted:

Probably not that smart to begin with if you need to cheat so you can graduate.

I remember the first time we were allowed to have calculators in high school.
They were provided by the school: handed out at the beginning of class and taken up at the end of class.
Stored in a box in a locked cabinet.

In college, you had to buy your own fancy programmable RPN calculator, but you could use it on tests. Their theory was that "if you don't already know which formulae to apply, a calculator isn't going to help you much."

With mobile phones, though. How do they police that poo poo?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Aleph Null posted:

I remember the first time we were allowed to have calculators in high school.
They were provided by the school: handed out at the beginning of class and taken up at the end of class.
Stored in a box in a locked cabinet.

In college, you had to buy your own fancy programmable RPN calculator, but you could use it on tests. Their theory was that "if you don't already know which formulae to apply, a calculator isn't going to help you much."

if you use a phone it's cheating. some places take your phone as you walk in

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Or so they could use something called the "internet" to look up answers

Or they could just take photos and text them to a buddy who'll google the answers and then send them back, which would be slightly less obvious.

RFC2324 posted:

if you use a phone it's cheating. some places take your phone as you walk in

... which is why this kid had to disguise his phone as a calculator

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

... which is why this kid had to poorly disguise his phone as a calculator

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

At my last school smartphones were okay to use as calculators outside of bigger tests. They were kind of almost okay to use during other times, but if teacher saw you were more into it than the class or it was disruptive then they'd try to confiscate it until the end of class.

Oh and the phones were often collected on teacher's table whenever there was a big test.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

The whole point of canning is that you can heat the it to a point where you kill off any bacteria inside it. That why the contents last so long.

If they couldn't handle sitting in an open pan of boiling water where the temperature can never go higher than 100°C they'd be useless.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Aleph Null posted:

You can’t bring a phone into the test with you. You’re not allowed to use your mobile phone calculator, you have to use whatever calculators are on their approved list.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Forget a phone just buy a Ti-Nspire. They can load and display PDFs and spreadsheets. I had all of my notes and formulas loaded on that thing.

I think the only reason they were not banned is becuase they are expensive as poo poo so only a few people had them.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

-Zydeco- posted:

Forget a phone just buy a Ti-Nspire. They can load and display PDFs and spreadsheets. I had all of my notes and formulas loaded on that thing.

I think the only reason they were not banned is becuase they are expensive as poo poo so only a few people had them.

Nspires are banned in TX state tests.

I believe you are lost. Here is the thread you wanted.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Samuringa posted:

I make the homemade caramel but I only leave it in the pressure pan for around half the time because I don't actually like caramel, just the hardened condensed milk that you get if you do it that way.

But tom hanks is trying to force his piss fetish on everyone. Please fix it a third time

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Samuringa posted:

OK Matt

Alright I'm done

expensive jeans
Jun 20, 2003

Looks like I'm getting my Christmas shopping done early this year.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

BrianBoitano posted:

gently caress

Hell yes

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

The Illegal Party Toilet does exist!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Snek attack

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I would not, but I would force several loudmouth coworkers to wear it.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005

spookygonk posted:

Snek attack

We ALL honk down here, Timmy!

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Data Graham posted:

OK Matt

Alright I'm done

You forgot weird Al

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > PYF Funny Pictures 2.0: Chili scars are cowpunk as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/999721448360030208