Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

Interstellar or Donnie Darko.

Good answers but no. It just came out like 2 years ago. It's a really really really really good fuckin movie and the reveal is so mind blowing that as soon as I say the name it will completely forever tarnish the experience of the movie forever. It's NEVERMIND. I love watching the movie with people who haven't seen it before because like 2/3 through the film when the entire movie builds up to the main character saying 4 simple words, "Who is that child?" it blows people's loving minds and recontextualizes loving everything up until that point. Great film, 10/10 imo.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

gently caress I’ve been meaning to watch that and I wish I hadn’t looked at the spoiler lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sorry but go see it anyway :cry:

Donnie Darko has a killer fuckin soundtrack tho

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hahahahaha gently caress

Me a minute ago: well I haven’t been too into most big movies out lately, why not click the spoiler. It’s probably something I haven’t been interested in. Certainly not something I’m planning on watching in the next month. Let’s do this.

*click*

:suicide:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BEEEEEP!

beep by grandpa posted:

Sorry but go see it anyway :cry:

Donnie Darko has a killer fuckin soundtrack tho

Sorry for encouraging movie derail further but I actually saw Donnie Darko for the first time this year. I’ve expected to hate it and find it dumb and only relevant to it’s time but nope. loving loved it. Wonderful movie.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've edited my post so no more minds can be hurt by the Unforgettable Truths. But go see the movie anyway if I spoiled it for you accidentally it's super good.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

beep by grandpa posted:

I've edited my post so no more minds can be hurt by the Unforgettable Truths. But go see the movie anyway if I spoiled it for you accidentally it's super good.

Haha it’s fine :love: all my fault anyway. I’m still going to watch it. It seems like the exact big budget movie I want compared to the usual stuff that comes out.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can't wait for Become Human to become a PS+ title

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ahaha it took me ages to figure out that I’d already seen that film.

It’s A boat

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Haha it’s fine :love: all my fault anyway. I’m still going to watch it. It seems like the exact big budget movie I want compared to the usual stuff that comes out.

Do me a favor and watch it with someone who's never seen it before so when the reveal hits you can still take in that good, sweet, succulent 3rd person mind blown hype. I think you'll still think the movie owns real hard cause it has one of the smartest and my personal favorite depiction of time travel ever in a movie. It's really hard to pull off and they execute it perfectly. Ok, I'm gonna go time travel back to Kamurocho circo 1988 :getin:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

beep by grandpa posted:

Do me a favor and watch it with someone who's never seen it before so when the reveal hits you can still take in that good, sweet, succulent 3rd person mind blown hype. I think you'll still think the movie owns real hard cause it has one of the smartest and my personal favorite depiction of time travel ever in a movie. It's really hard to pull off but they do it great. Ok, I'm gonna go time travel back to Kamurocho circo 1988 :getin:

I’ll be watching it with my girlfriend who reads every cracked article and knows spoilers about films that don’t even exist yet haha. It’s all good though. A well done film is a well done film even once you know what happens.

I’m actually more excited for it now soooo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I remember me and my friend turning to each other in the cinema and I said genuinely said what the gently caress out loud

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I remember me and my friend turning to each other in the cinema and I said genuinely said what the gently caress out loud

I believe you cause this LITERALLY was me and my little brother last summer in the theater during that one big reveal in Spider-Man Homecoming haha

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

beep by grandpa posted:

My favorite time travel movie I can't even say the name of because it being a time travel movie is a huge reveal woof

It's ok to admit you like Nicolas Cage's Next.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I got spoiled before I saw the movie and arguably that might be a better experience than going in blind because I was already tearing up in the first five minutes as if I was watching Up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stop loving dancing around it and tell me what movie I need to see because now I really want to see it.

Or PM it to me if you absolutely don’t want to post it here even spoiled.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ok that is me done for the night on Nier. I now have just over sixteen hours played, 25% of quests done apparently and am level 26 :D I seem to have to do a missile supply depot mission of some sort.

More tomorrow!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Save the quests for later sone of them are too hard at low level and you never get locked out

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Stop loving dancing around it and tell me what movie I need to see because now I really want to see it.

Or PM it to me if you absolutely don’t want to post it here even spoiled.

I wanna know too. I didn't read the spoiler so just gimme a title.

So I just booted up kingdom hearts 1.5 2.5 and uh theres a lot of games on the start screen. Just go top to bottom?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Save the quests for later sone of them are too hard at low level and you never get locked out

Whoops! I spent about thirty minutes doing the lord of the valley quest!

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

**MOVIE NAME IS HERE**
**DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW**

Arrival

Sorry, but she doesn't travel thru time in that movie. This it not a time travel movie.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I asked my sister if she would like to play Until Dawn, after explaining what it was like, and my mother chimed in with suggestions and it was amazing how they managed to make it just like a real horror movie, like when Sam was running from the psycho and she missed the QTE and tripped, or when Mike is running towards Jessica and she took the detour through the lake and fell down :allears:

I wonder how many people will survive this, if any. We sure as hell won't figure the mystery either, I have no idea what the Sanatorium, the Mines, the Scorcher and the Twins could all have in common.

I'm also fanboying that Peter loving Stormare is in this, I love this guy.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

beep by grandpa posted:

Good answers but no. It just came out like 2 years ago. It's a really really really really good fuckin movie and the reveal is so mind blowing that as soon as I say the name it will completely forever tarnish the experience of the movie forever. It's NEVERMIND. I love watching the movie with people who haven't seen it before because like 2/3 through the film when the entire movie builds up to the main character saying 4 simple words, "Who is that child?" it blows people's loving minds and recontextualizes loving everything up until that point. Great film, 10/10 imo.

What the gently caress can you at least narrow it down so I don't have to watch every movie that came out in 2016?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you're gonna spoil the actual movie without saying what it is for some reason, why not just put the movie name in spoiler tags instead

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Samuringa posted:

I asked my sister if she would like to play Until Dawn, after explaining what it was like, and my mother chimed in with suggestions and it was amazing how they managed to make it just like a real horror movie, like when Sam was running from the psycho and she missed the QTE and tripped, or when Mike is running towards Jessica and she took the detour through the lake and fell down :allears:

I wonder how many people will survive this, if any. We sure as hell won't figure the mystery either, I have no idea what the Sanatorium, the Mines, the Scorcher and the Twins could all have in common.

I'm also fanboying that Peter loving Stormare is in this, I love this guy.

Until Dawn was sooooo good. Hidden Agenda is a big pile of poop by comparison. What a let down!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

What the gently caress can you at least narrow it down so I don't have to watch every movie that came out in 2016?

Ok it’s Dirty Grandpa

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Until Dawn is the best party game I own

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you're gonna spoil the actual movie without saying what it is for some reason, why not just put the movie name in spoiler tags instead

he did. then people looked at the spoilers and got pissed because instead of some random movie it was one they actually wanted to see lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Awesome! posted:

he did. then people looked at the spoilers and got pissed because instead of some random movie it was one they actually wanted to see lol

I was only pissed at myself for looking at the spoiler tbh.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Oh, and I absolutely love that a tense, horror game has a "DON'T MOVE YOUR CONTROLLER" prompt, it's fantastic

It's also good that I'm not the one playing because I can't quite get my hands still due to anxiety.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Awesome! posted:

ok then yea that's their mistake then

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

I already spoiled it above.

And I think calling it a "time travel" movie is stretching it because nobody travels thru time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

^^I tried to use vague language below because arugably what you said is a bigger spoiler.

Calling that movie a time travel movie might be giving something away but it also might be very misleading depending on what you expect a time travel movie to be.

Also, knowing the ending shouldn't ruin the movie because that's partly the same philosophical issue the main character grapples with!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just got to the real estate stuff and o man I feel way in over my head I think I prob should stick to beating juveniles over the head with bikes in the street instead...this is too much to take in

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

I just got to the real estate stuff and o man I feel way in over my head I think I prob should stick to beating juveniles over the head with bikes in the street instead...this is too much to take in

It's a proto mobilegame. You set a thing and run off playing while the timer goes, you cant play it bad. It's just slightly slower if you dont play optimally

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the real estate thing is incredibly simple. you're basically just waiting for the money to come in, upgrading what you can, then starting the timer again

look up some videos of where the properties are if you can't find them since they're kinda obnoxious to find

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

S...sugoi...

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Any tips for staffing that all kinda confused me or does it not really matter that much.

I want to make tons and tons and tons of fuckin money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Any tips for staffing that all kinda confused me or does it not really matter that much.

I want to make tons and tons and tons of fuckin money.

You get more by playing and doing other sidequests. Just use your highest rated for the property. After like 4 in a row they need a rest.

Again if you pick sub optimally it's just slower, you cant do bad.