Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cuchulain posted:

What's funny is a BSS thread is currently full of posters melting down about manga, and by funny, I mean asdassfasdfffffffffffffffffffffff :smithicide:

link the posts you fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
it's a shame, because as one of the members of the obviously superior Comicwise-Omnivorous Group (obviously), I can say that most superhero comic fans would love the poo poo out of One Punch Man if they weren't filling their diapers about where the book was written

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Wait this manga is Japanese? gently caress all you pedos I'm out.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hello folks, it is I, the guy who largely does not care about manga or anime very much

One Punch Man easily transcends any bias you might have. It owns and is a lot better than most fighty comics books from any country. Quality is quality

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Garou is my husbando.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Zzulu posted:

Hello folks, it is I, the guy who largely does not care about manga or anime very much

One Punch Man easily transcends any bias you might have. It owns and is a lot better than most fighty comics books from any country. Quality is quality

This wise otter-person gets it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/Yazaijin/status/999485498187018240

the real fight is saitama vs arale

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that tweet is even double true because like how dr. slump exists in the world of dragonball, one punch man exists in the world of mob psycho

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hellsau posted:

Hitmen for Destiny drawn by Murata? Does anyone have some unused wishes from a genie?

Youd need an artist who knows how to do farical comedies, theres not a lot of action in hitmen

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Translations out
Garou is the best

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Murata has removed his limiter, he can now draw forever.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Murata has removed his limiter, he can now draw forever.

Murata with no limiter versus Rohan Kishibe. Who you got?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I do not know who that is, so, Murata.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I do not know who that is

:shittypop:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Let's be fair. Pink Dark Boy was never officially released in English, so it's still a bit niche most places.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I mean, official release has never been a requisite for me, yet I've never heard of that.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I mean, official release has never been a requisite for me, yet I've never heard of that.

Hes the manga artist character in Jojo who can draw pages instantly

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Aaaah. My friend has been trying to get me to read that for years, but the ridiculous backlog always stops me.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

That loving face

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
You guys think you are monsters?

HAH!

I WILL GO BEYOND YOUR MONSTERISM! I AM A GENIUS!

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

You're acting like this is some profound truthtelling?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Aaaah. My friend has been trying to get me to read that for years, but the ridiculous backlog always stops me.

The easy solution is to watch the anime.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Man page 48 is INSANE.

Is anyone else starting to think that the Murata manga is never going to get back in line with the ONE version and this arc is going to follow a completely different track? Garou is already a completely different character after all.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think the basic idea behind Garou was always there but in the original ONE version his character arc was rushed, but still wound up having a strong payoff. In the Murata version we see a lot more from his perspective and while he's still a huge jerk, he also comes off as much more sympathetic rather than just being some immature fight prodigy raging at the world. Because of the difference in perspective the resolution of the arc might differ in tone but I can see how this version leads to a similar place.

Also the end of the Garou arc in the ONE version has some strong moments and I would be disappointed if the Murata version resolved differently.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sharktamer posted:

Man page 48 is INSANE.

Is anyone else starting to think that the Murata manga is never going to get back in line with the ONE version and this arc is going to follow a completely different track? Garou is already a completely different character after all.

Im seeing the elements of where its going based on whats happening right now and the payoff on Murata's version is going to be a whole lot better even if the execution ends up being exactly the same. Specially if the end execution is exactly the same.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

sharktamer posted:

Yeah. They've been diverging for a while (beyond the manga simply having more content) but the past couple chapters have made it pretty clear that they're fully different stories.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wow, I love what he did with Orochi. That's an incredibly cool design.

Page 63 is ridiculously :black101:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 25, 2018

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sindai posted:

Wow, I love what he did with Orochi. That's an incredibly cool design.

The name makes much more sense now, yeah

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I haven't read the ONE version, so this isn't a spoiler.

But when Saitama one-punches Garou it's going to be so delicious....

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

sharktamer posted:

Man page 48 is INSANE.

I guess now that 100MP is over, ONE is taking this time to expand on the OPM story since he probably wasn't giving it his full attention previously.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sharktamer posted:

Man page 48 is INSANE.

Well yeah. The monster King wasn't in the ONE version at all, for one so things are naturally gonna be a bit different comparatively.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I didn't really like Orochi's design, it felt a little too busy, almost like an action figure with no articulation or something, but seeing him in action really delivers on the promise. He's covered in mouths, and he's gonna use all of 'em.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
and also speed o sound sonic was there

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What was up with the pages where some lady was talking to Orochi and telling him he was going mad?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

What was up with the pages where some lady was talking to Orochi and telling him he was going mad?

She was a lady talking to Orochi and telling he was going mad.

That's all the info the Murata version gives thus far.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Xarbala posted:

She was a lady talking to Orochi and telling he was going mad.

That's all the info the Murata version gives thus far.

No I mean got confused by what was going on. Was it a flashback or something cause the Orochi shown there looks different from the one Garou is fighting.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

No I mean got confused by what was going on. Was it a flashback or something cause the Orochi shown there looks different from the one Garou is fighting.

Looks like it.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I adore how easily Murata and ONE manage to manipulate scale. He can makes Orochi look 1000 ft tall in one instance, and then make Orochi look like barely bigger than a human when Garou is giving is a speech. He really knows just how to use perspective tricks, character comparisons, and panel framing to adjust a monster's emotional size without going off model. Like these two pages for comparison.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 25, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
laughed irl at the "Oh whoa...." panel

Mraagvpeine posted:

The easy solution is to watch the anime.
do this OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Orochi is metal as gently caress.