Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Rawan's totally a hero and you all need to follow her :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coathat
May 21, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

was pancrase the one that got busted for being such an overt yakuza front they straight up had a couple fully tatted up fighters and just let the guys in charge hang around the office even when the cops were looking at them, or am I thinking of another Japanese mma thing that ruled

THere was one tiny promotion like that and it had the quickest KO I’ve ever seen probably sub 2 seconds where the guy just ran directly into the other guys fist. And despite all the other fighters being amped up gang member the by far most dominant contender was the nerdiest office worker in japan.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Rawan's totally a hero and you all need to follow her :allears:

I didn't realize that's who this was at first cause it turns out making pro-palestinian posts on the internet gets you mass reported and banned a lot, so she's been through a bunch of different twitter handles

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

This Palestinian Lady has a filthy mouth and it's a big mood.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Kunster posted:

Also, Matt has been getting more chill about dorky stuff! Dude dumped a few sentences about being quoted on Tv Tropes and twas no "Oh sigh, truely dorks have ruined the study of history etc etc etc".

"Louis Napoleon was an effortposter"

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

emdash posted:

i forget if this was posted but he is really loving crazy at this point https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/998711285519933440

This is incredible performance art.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
IANAL or even American, but wouldn't that mean black dudes with tattoos and like a blue bandana caught with some drugs or an illegal gun get death?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stickfigure posted:

IANAL or even American, but wouldn't that mean black dudes with tattoos and like a blue bandana caught with some drugs or an illegal gun get death?

no you idiot RICO only applies to REAL organized crime. Our FBI would never misuse it unless they were being mind controlled by Russians. RICO only kicks in for Italians in business suits, Russians in tracksuits, and Guitar Center employees.

Come on pay attention.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also I'm the amazing implications in making death penalty the minimum.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

sexpig by night posted:

no you idiot RICO only applies to REAL organized crime. Our FBI would never misuse it unless they were being mind controlled by Russians. RICO only kicks in for Italians in business suits, Russians in tracksuits, and Guitar Center employees.

Come on pay attention.

poo poo, I'm hosed.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

also I'm the amazing implications in making death penalty the minimum.

The max is slaughtering your family

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Henchman of Santa posted:

The max is slaughtering your family

"We sentence you to death, then revival, then death, then revival, then we burn your house down, then death"

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
OTOH, there would be a final solution to the juggalo question.
Oh, I forgot, juggalos are good now. poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Stickfigure posted:

It'd be an improvement over the current system of cops randomly shooting black people for no reason whatsoever since theoretically there's a trial before he's killed.

It's also really dumb because New York currently doesn't execute people for anything (because it's an inhumane and terrible thing to do, also costs more than imprisoning someone for life).

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
hey Ireland had a referendum to repeal its ban on abortion, so what better time to check in on an old friend?

https://twitter.com/matthewwalther/status/1000442189875425280

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/nrasidi/status/1000479873951875072

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

ElNarez posted:

hey Ireland had a referendum to repeal its ban on abortion, so what better time to check in on an old friend?

https://twitter.com/matthewwalther/status/1000442189875425280

lol I don't think Yeats even spoke Gaelic. He was hated by the people who were trying to repopularise the language in Dublin because he was a prominent part of an Irish literary revival which produced works written almost exclusively in English

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bryter posted:

lol I don't think Yeats even spoke Gaelic. He was hated by the people who were trying to repopularise the language in Dublin because he was a prominent part of an Irish literary revival which produced works written almost exclusively in English

wow you think that Walther guy migh tnot know what he's talking about?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

It was sort of disappointing IMO that Matt didn’t push Mike to talk about present day politics more, like how terrible liberals are, though obviously he probably didn’t want to do that on record too much. From what I can tell Mike’s politics are an extremely normcore liberalism even tilting towards a libertarian/liberal-conservative Tocquevillan thing and it would have been interesting to see that acknowledged

Like the part where Mike talked about how important he thinks Compromise and The Norms are was really awkward and the natural follow up would have been “you don’t quite seem to get what this Chapo Trap House thing is all about do you?”

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's always funny when matt, a grad school dropout, starts throwing around academic language. especially with someone who isn't an academic like mike duncan

like dang buddy i got fired from dairy queen in high school i don't still go around dropping all the ice cream jargon

What did Matt study in grad school?

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 27, 2018

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

this is lame as poo poo and sounds like how people talk when Seriously Debating harry potter. also @some_qualia is part of conor arpwel's Wrecker Squad and sucks poo poo. later.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Aren't you a gamergate failson? Jesus that's embarassing, why are you posting here?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Slanderer posted:

Aren't you a gamergate failson? Jesus that's embarassing, why are you posting here?

I don't believe I've ever posted about gamergate. Maybe you're thinking of someone else?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

I don't believe I've ever posted about gamergate. Maybe you're thinking of someone else?

Incorrect.

poo poo!!!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Slanderer posted:

Incorrect.

poo poo!!!

That's not a post about gamergate, it's a post about video games, and I believe that's the official Chapo position on the subject (actually I didn't watch the Gaming Debate so maybe it's not?)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

icantfindaname posted:

I believe that's the official Chapo position on the subject

who gives a poo poo

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Slanderer posted:

this is lame as poo poo and sounds like how people talk when Seriously Debating harry potter. also @some_qualia is part of conor arpwel's Wrecker Squad and sucks poo poo. later.

Slanderer posted:

Hell yes. HELL yes!

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
some people might be annoyed that they still have to see the word gamergate in 2018. but not me, I love it.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
felix was on "the roast of jesse farrar" which I think is high art. If you want to skip the audio issues, skip to three hours twenty minutes in.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

santa was taking scalps it was a loving riot.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

padijun posted:

If you want to skip the audio issues, skip to three hours twenty minutes in.

Thanks I'm gonna check it out but lmao at this, three hours of bad audio

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Groovelord Neato posted:

santa was taking scalps it was a loving riot.

I only watched the first hour, but that military guy (Colonel something?) was savage.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah he was great. santa's roast had me howling tho.

santa's starts around 1:08.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/265956969

skvikn: more like cringe kringle yikes...

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 27, 2018

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Slanderer posted:

This is a dumbass post.

Peterson's fans have started Sealioning everywhere and so responses like this are correct. It's important to remind them that he's an idiot who pretends to be a great philosopher & they should be embarassed for associating with him. also if you're real upset about conor arpwel, that's your choice but...whatever, I looked more into it after the conversation here and it seemed like he was being reasonable.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

It was sort of disappointing IMO that Matt didn’t push Mike to talk about present day politics more, like how terrible liberals are, though obviously he probably didn’t want to do that on record too much. From what I can tell Mike’s politics are an extremely normcore liberalism even tilting towards a libertarian/liberal-conservative Tocquevillan thing and it would have been interesting to see that acknowledged

Nah. If you follow him on Twitter you can tell he's a lefty, albeit probably less so than the Chapo people.

As for pushing him I imagine that Mike invited The History Guy primarily for History purposes and didn't want to get too far off that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rodyle posted:

As for pushing him I imagine that Mike invited The History Guy primarily for History purposes and didn't want to get too far off that.

If you turn every guest appearance into a fight because they don't have the correct politics, you're going to start running low on guests. Also, your podcast will suck.

Like when they last had Patton Oswalt on, they didn't turn it into an inquisition about his Twitter-liking of lame stuff. They focused on the good parts.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Got close on the David Cross episode.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Biomute posted:

Got close on the David Cross episode.

yea the Cross thing was as close as they got to a genuine 'FIGHT YOUR GUESTS FOR BAD PRAXIS' moment and both sides clearly realized 'yea this is audio poison that will just make this awkward and annoying for both of us and ruin any fun we could have' and backed off of because all in all it was a fairly minor disagreement that had zero impact on either persons' lives.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Ex-Navy SEAL J. Dalton Storm, author of "Stormbringer: Iron Judgement: A Rick Killswell Tale", on The Go Off Kings is a national treasure.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/247872213

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
A bunch of guys had good bits on that stream, but @dogboner's was incredible. 1:30:00 in on the vod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i forgot that was on. really good. rob is the best.