Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
gently caress he put a ton of effort into that video and it isn’t interesting or funny at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ariong posted:

Forgive him? Why should any of us forgive him? What is there to forgive? None of us were involved, none of us were victims. What does “forgiving” him even entail? Legit question.

One definition of forgive: "stop feeling angry or resentful toward (someone) for an offense, flaw, or mistake."

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
imo apologizing for getting caught instead of for doing the bad thing is not an apology

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.
Oh hey a bunch of posts! I wonder what those good good boys rel-

Oh, this dumb bullshit again.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
what do i have to do to get this thread to never talk about nick robinson ever again

i’m begging y’all. Please

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm sorry for my role in loving this thread up.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I mean I'm sorry that you read my posts, not that I posted them. I could see the confusion

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Legs Benedict posted:

what do i have to do to get this thread to never talk about nick robinson ever again

i’m begging y’all. Please

Probably should be in the thread title.

Mcelroy Show Megathread: No bummers, no Nick Robinson talk

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Probably should be in the thread title.

Mcelroy Show Megathread: No bummers, no Nick Robinson talk

it absolutely should not be in the title

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If it's in the title, people will just keep asking about it.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Quick question: listening to TAZ for the first time. Thought the first arc was kind of boring and set-up-y, second was great, since it felt like Griffin was loosening up a bit and playing off the party's antics better, and now I'm into the third arc, which is so far pretty underwhelming. Taking three episodes to get to the top of the bank so Griffin's NPCs could monologue at them would've been fine if there were jokes, but it wasn't suspenseful or particularly funny. I intend to listen to the end of this arc, but going forward is TAZ generally more like this arc or more like the train?

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Closer to that arc, probably even much moreso. If you want a podcast which is more like the train all the time then you want Dragon Friends probably.

I look forward to the next three pages of discussing whether we like the path that TAZ took or not.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Valentin posted:

Quick question: listening to TAZ for the first time. Thought the first arc was kind of boring and set-up-y, second was great, since it felt like Griffin was loosening up a bit and playing off the party's antics better, and now I'm into the third arc, which is so far pretty underwhelming. Taking three episodes to get to the top of the bank so Griffin's NPCs could monologue at them would've been fine if there were jokes, but it wasn't suspenseful or particularly funny. I intend to listen to the end of this arc, but going forward is TAZ generally more like this arc or more like the train?

They’re all pretty different. I preferred the second arc to the third myself.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The best answer is that each arc has a different ratio of stupid goofs to dramatic storytelling. Tres Horny Boys being idiots never disappears from the story though.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Not Another D&D Podcast has been mentioned in this thread several times, but it's really just that good. Plus it's really taking off right now and finding its stride—they just set up a Patreon over the last couple of weeks.

Takes place in a completely original world created by DM Brian Murphy that combines fantasy with more modern elements like trains and elevators (sound familiar?)
Started adding music in post (written by Emily Axford aka Mooshine Cybin, one of the players)
DM just announced on a Patreon live stream the other day that he has now essentially made NADDPOD his full time job, and they have the next 3-4 sessions recorded already
Weekly eps released every Thursday like clockwork
TONS of goofs
All three player characters are endearing and have great chemistry
Memorable NPCs with a lot of personality

Really can't recommend this pod enough, and now's the perfect time to get caught up on it

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
100% agree on NADDPOD, it's really great. The player characters took off and clicked really early, and Beverly the literal boyscout paladin is the best.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

NADDPOD seemed a little too chaotic for me to keep up with, lots of laughing and off topic bullshitting and I had no idea what was going on.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
With all these other podcasts recommended, does any one have an average episode length of each of them? I tried listening to Critical Role but a 4 hour podcast was a bit too much even for someone who listens to podcasts throughout their work shift like me. I like that TAZ feels just the right length though I'm not opposed to the occasional 2 or 3 hour podcast, I still listen to Giant Bomb podcasts after all.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Dragon Friends is usually about 50 minutes though there are a handful that went long because they were real drunk

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
All the other actual play podcasts I listen to ĄDragon Friends, NADDPOD, Dungeon Rats) sit in the typical podcast length of 40-60 minutes. Critical Role really is the exception where it's less of a curated and edited show, and more a group's play session uploaded for public viewing.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
I attempted to listen to Critical Role but the DM has a bad habit of clapping his hands together every 5 - 15 seconds and it was, as Griffin would put it, absolute auditory hell. I couldn't make it past 10 minutes without screaming wildly and flailing for the pause button.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I attempted to listen to Critical Role but the DM has a bad habit of clapping his hands together every 5 - 15 seconds and it was, as Griffin would put it, absolute auditory hell. I couldn't make it past 10 minutes without screaming wildly and flailing for the pause button.

Not a d&d related podcast, but that's why I can't listen to anything by the Watch Out for Fireballs guys. The "Sooooooooo yeah...." at the end of every single tangent is ridiculous.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I seemed to remember the Friends at the Table I tried to listen to was also really long but I think it was a set up episode so that may not be the norm. I wanted to check out Critical Role cuz Matt Mercer is a cool dude but yea I didn't go back.

Thanks for the answers~

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

okay this is driving me mildly crazy so I hope someone remembers:

I just listened to episode 238: it was a live show where they talked about how they were actually opening for another podcast, which was having its first live episode; but they kept dancing around actually saying the name and in the ad break mentioned they'd probably release it as a donor episode, so that's pretty funky

what was the podcast? was it big gulp????????

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It was Big Gulp.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

lmao nice, thank you

must've been fun for the people in the audience who had never listened to the show before

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 25, 2018

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hardwon Surefoot (NADDPOD) sounds and acts a lot like and sounds like Bob's Burger's Jon H Benjamin. Love that persona.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Good Listener posted:

I seemed to remember the Friends at the Table I tried to listen to was also really long but I think it was a set up episode so that may not be the norm. I wanted to check out Critical Role cuz Matt Mercer is a cool dude but yea I didn't go back.

Thanks for the answers~

Friends at the Table runs about two hours usually, with the setup episodes going longer in order to release the whole session at once. It's still longer than most Actual Plays, but not to the "we didn't edit this down at all" degree Critical Role is.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Critical Role is a more enjoyable watch than a listen, but good luck having the time

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hey remember last year's Halloween episode where Justin just sang a bad song for the first four minutes and it was loving torture?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey remember last year's Halloween episode where Justin just sang a bad song for the first four minutes and it was loving torture?
That was good, clean fun safe fair use parody

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Where the gently caress do you get off, calling “Anything Can Happen On Halloween” a bad song

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Justin is not very good at singing it therefore this rendition is a bad song.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

long irritating songs like this one

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Man idk I’ve heard him do Justunes on Awful Squad and he’s dece

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

misadventurous posted:

Man idk I’ve heard him do Justunes on Awful Squad and he’s dece
His rendition of Jolene is very good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

When he's trying to play up this sorta....lounge singer voice, it's completely terrible. Especially when he's doing the full song after being asked to stop.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Look, anything can happen on Halloween. Sometimes what you get is something you can't handle.:shrug:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Waffleman_ posted:

When he's trying to play up this sorta....lounge singer voice, it's completely terrible. Especially when he's doing the full song after being asked to stop.

The Justin Sings the Entirety of Send in the Clowns While Travis and Griffin Try Desperately to be Funny Over It bit is the absolute worst. I get that they hate coming up with intros, but it makes me kind of dread every episode that is a multiple of 50. I’d legit prefer 5 minutes of silence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Bits that the brothers do just to inflict suffering on each other are made even better knowing that they do the same to you guys