Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

IAmTheRad posted:

I don't know today's music so I have no clue.

"today's"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Yep. Today is music.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

IAmTheRad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn0hCTyj2Kc

I will finish my collection with Seasons. Will make my own bundle and then add the other stuff to the cart.

That is not how you harvest honey out of a flow hive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z54bL6kjyOI

Also, lol at a 20 year old song.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
i swear to god there better be snow accumulation like there was in 3 :argh:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Looking forward to my sim starving to death after getting snowed in to his apartment!

simmering
Nov 12, 2017
Its hard to tell for me if I spent way less time on the sims 3 and 4 because they were less engaging games or just because I was an easily impressed kid with lots of free time when I played 1+2

Definitely miss having fears, memories and family trees though. And I found the maxis created households/stories in the sims 2 way more interesting but maybe thats just nostalgia talking.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I'm very interested in the custom holidays, specifically if they're half as customizable as clubs. World Grilled Cheese Day? Sleepwear Bonfire Night? Goons Go Outside day where everyone wears heavy robes and nobody knows who's a goon?

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Steal My Sunshine is awesome, gently caress the haters.

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
Agreed.

I like the apiary. I haven't read any rundowns but if there is custom holidays that's cool.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It's weird. The trailer freely admitted that, to a certain extent, the seasons are a sham by showing that they're reusing animations for ice/roller skating and jumping on puddles/leaves/sprinklers.

But I'm sure we'll have sunburn moodlets, so we got that going for us.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

there was ice/roller skating in sims 2 and 3 too and those had shared animations as well, its not exactly a new thing that they're doing for 4 because they're lazy or whatever. Its just what they've always done

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

What was up at the end with that guy getting lighting powers? Are they bundling magic/superpowers with this?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

steinrokkan posted:

TS3 definitely does have genetics

But everybody looks like a potato regardless

It's because The Sims 3 put random characters facial features at 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 after some patch, AAAAND that didn't happen at launch.
Your children inherited facial features "correctly" (for various shades of "correctly") from the parents.

That is more or less like the game routing breaking off-site excavations in World Adventures time and again.

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 25, 2018

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

limaCAT posted:

It's because The Sims 3 put random characters facial features at 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 after some patch, AAAAND that didn't happen at launch.
Your children inherited facial features "correctly" (for various shades of "correctly") from the parents.

Could you explain this a little more?

Chocolate Milk
May 7, 2008

More tea, Wesley?

Sky Shadowing posted:

I'm very interested in the custom holidays, specifically if they're half as customizable as clubs. World Grilled Cheese Day? Sleepwear Bonfire Night? Goons Go Outside day where everyone wears heavy robes and nobody knows who's a goon?

Ooooh I do hope they use the clubs mechanic. One of the best parts of the game imo. Also I hope I can have Christmas in summer and Halloween in spring.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Sims 3 would be as close to a perfect Sims game we would get if it didn't run so drat poorly.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

CascadeBeta posted:

Sims 3 would be as close to a perfect Sims game we would get if it didn't run so drat poorly.

The sims look ugly as hell. But yeah content wise it was the motherload.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/NickSimsYT/status/999718764227842050
https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/status/999742012533260288

Hmm, glass roofs coming

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

https://twitter.com/SimGuruRad/status/999750027038740481

No magic.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Yawn. I was looking forward to making the X-Mansion or a sim remake of Static Shock.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Casting lightning bolts sounds a lot like magic, no matter how much they say it's not magic.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I bet it's more like being struck by lightning causes an alternate life state or something under specific conditions. Like under a full moon or something.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

Windenfest! Dont wake the Llama tables. Drinking juice and dancing to folk music.

Brindleton Bay seafood feast. Bring your catch, cook them and have your dog and cats taste the scraps.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I bet if you get struck by lightning you get a hammer that will always return to you, and cannot break, which you can then use to go fight ice giants and generally be a big swinging cock to both enemies and friends alike.

At that point, the game exits and Dominions 5 starts with a map based on the neighborhood layout and all the pretenders look like neighbors. Bob Newbie has Blood Magic 10.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Bob Newbie has Astral 5 and gets killed by angry turkeys.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Casting lightning bolts sounds a lot like magic, no matter how much they say it's not magic.

Just means we aren't getting wizards/witches like with past dlc.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Yeah I think that was meant to be the takeaway. I'm guessing they're actually working on a wizard/witch game pack like they did with vampires. Can't really seem them doing a full-on supernatural expansion when they can focus more on the interesting lifestates and essentially charge 20 bux per lifestate by doing them as game packs instead.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Snow will not have depth.

From twitter, condensed in a more readable form.

SimGuruGrant posted:

Hi Simmers! Hope you had a good weekend. We're so glad we can finally discuss Seasons now that it has been announced. We've seen a bit of discussion regarding deep snow, so I want to address that quickly in a short series of Tweets.
We knew deep snow would be important from the very beginning and we researched a variety of solutions to implement it. However, we never had confidence we'd be able to achieve the visual quality bar we expect for The Sims 4, which is key on an aesthetic feature!
Therefore, as lead producer I made the difficult decision to focus our efforts elsewhere. As we share more of TS4 Seasons, you'll see the gorgeous, intricate details of winter, spring, summer, and fall we dedicated ourselves to instead of deep snow.
We think this is the best version of Seasons ever, visually and from a feature standpoint, and cannot wait to share it with you. Thanks, and stay tuned.
Basically, their tests didn't get enough visual quality that they expect. ie: they were lazy. At least footprints will be in the snow.

In exchange, we'd see trees gradually lose their leafs.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
it's shocking going back to S2 or S3 and seeing how light on content and features S4 is - I get that they are still making packs but it just feels "light" even when they tackle a topic like seasons or world adventures

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

lmao I don't know why I expected any better from the people who brought us this ballpit texture

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

They are adding thermostats:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pwwx1cF8NQ

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dad Jokes posted:

lmao I don't know why I expected any better from the people who brought us this ballpit texture

The ballpit is exactly what appeared in my mind on reading "the visual quality bar we expect for The Sims 4"

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I'll wait for a sale for Seasons. Not exactly seeing it as a 'must get day 1' thing. Of course the LGR review might skew my opinion. Not to mention I'm not in a Sim gaming mood at this time. It goes on and off.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Dad Jokes posted:

I'm glad they patched that to look a little better.

A ball pit is a terrible idea though, when your trying to conserve polygons.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
The expansions have all been pretty good so far. No snow depth is a shame but I'm not gonna write it off just because of that.

e: that said, I totally am gonna pass it up on launch this time because the last two expansions both went half off within less than a month of being released, for some reason.

Koramei fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 31, 2018

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Has anyone else played Sims mobile and also does anyone else really dislike it as much as I do.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Has anyone else played Sims mobile and also does anyone else really dislike it as much as I do.

You give them money to make it 'fun'

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I did not even bother playing it for the sims 4 item

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

It should have been a sandpit. Then all they'd need is particle effects and compatibility with Pets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
It's total poop. It's just a Farmville timer thing with no simulation or dynamism. I don't get how people find these things enjoyable.

And yet: