Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

The main problem with her clothes is she keeps plugging them on twitter every second post no one cares about Kitten Armour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

That's not what ds said. She looks like a fuckwit.

look the part be the part motherfucker

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP lee rhiammon

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

AbortRetryFail posted:

The main problem with her clothes is she keeps plugging them on twitter every second post no one cares about Kitten Armour

My wife used to buy their shoes so I showed her a bunch of Daisey tweets and now she's no longer a customer. Thanks, Daisey, in your own dumb way you make the world a better place.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

AbortRetryFail posted:

Yeah that's key social media dickhead behaviour.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
So Lee Rhiannon is calling it quits in August:

https://amp.canberratimes.com.au/po...t.co/lFOSoB2bKh

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

ding dong the greens are dead

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
The piece of poo poo who murdered Tialeigh Palmer got life in prison.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Before Times posted:

Good, that whole family deserves to be locked away for the same amount of time for what they did to poor Tiahleigh.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

NO

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Very interesting to see where the NSW Greens go with no Lee.

Do they continue to have rifts and splits, showing that her accusations are true or do they unify now that a loose cannon has gone?

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
more like flee rhiannon

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

this broken hill posted:

more like flee rhiannon

rack 'em

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

The Before Times posted:

Which one?

that's not a genuine question it's black humour about the whole foster family being in cahoots over what happened

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ludlam wrote a piece in the guardian endorsing guillotineing dutton and hanson. good stuff, nourishing

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

G-Spot Run posted:

Which one?

that's not a genuine question it's black humour about the whole foster family being in cahoots over what happened

I wish there was some way of detecting which families are like this in the foster system. I've seen way too many cases of foster fams showing genuine malice, disregard, negligence or lack of capacity to actually care for a child.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Do you get some kind of allowance/benefit for taking foster kids? because how do you be compassionate enough to take on foster kids yet also convince yourself that its OK to murder them because your son raped them and *might* be pregnant?

it always seems like hosed up people that shouldnt have any kids at all end up with foster kids, so whats the draw?

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Laserface posted:

Do you get some kind of allowance/benefit for taking foster kids? because how do you be compassionate enough to take on foster kids yet also convince yourself that its OK to murder them because your son raped them and *might* be pregnant?

it always seems like hosed up people that shouldnt have any kids at all end up with foster kids, so whats the draw?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you do, otherwise basically nobody would do it. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't. If you do pay, you incentivise lovely people signing up for financial benefit. Sure, the number of people who slip through the cracks like this is small, but try explaining to the Palmers that they just got statistically unlucky.

On the other hand, if you don't pay or help subsidise the costs at all, good luck finding anyone actually willing to take in and pay for a kid who isn't theirs and probably has some behavioural issues and possibly learning difficulties to boot.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

That's not what ds said. She looks like a fuckwit.

She does indeed though it was gratifying to see the white knight leaping to her defense on account of her besmirched e-honor.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gucci bane posted:

ding dong the greens are dead

It's okay, I'm sure their policies will leave a lasting legacy.

Just let me find their policies so I can refer to them *scrambles madly for loose papers on an empty desk*

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

DancingShade posted:

Just let me find their policies so I can refer to them *scrambles madly for loose papers on an empty desk*

• ban sugar
  • uuhhh...

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

GoldStandardConure posted:

• ban sugar
  • uuhhh...

• 420 all day erryday

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dude McAwesome posted:

• 420 all day erryday

"Imagine a ball of weed, the size of the sun" - Richard "Blaze It" DiNartie

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
To be fair, weed is cool and good, and there is no argument against it that I have ever heard that goes not apply equally or more so to alcohol and ciggies.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Very interesting to see where the NSW Greens go with no Lee.

Do they continue to have rifts and splits, showing that her accusations are true or do they unify now that a loose cannon has gone?

After purging her allies, the NSW Greens will stabilise around the sensible centre

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

DancingShade posted:

The biggest problem the Greens have is people see them as a joke even though they've got the most comprehensive set of policies online out of any party.

https://greens.org.au/policy

There's a page for each state's policies on each of the state pages too.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

starkebn posted:

The biggest problem the Greens have is people see them as a joke even though they've got the most comprehensive set of policies online out of any party.

https://greens.org.au/policy

There's a page for each state's policies on each of the state pages too.

:thejoke:

NSW greens internal politics have been pretty weird over the past month or so, the right's de-facto leader and newest MLC have been essentially deselected but also a former hard-right MP is back in and it doesn't make any sense if we're just going with factional lines. Maybe there are in fact no factions in the Greens and hope might not be entirely a lie? :iiam:

e: i wonder if the deselection and push for Lee's resignation gives a trolling opportunity to call for the deselected MLCs resignation :v:

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 11:10 on May 25, 2018

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/luciemorrismarr/status/999553597565120512

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Well may we say god save the archbishop because I’m gonna cut his loving dick off

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

just don’t send a letter dude. take the L

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Catholic Church in being out of touch shocker

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Just imagine if an islamic school did something even close to that.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
All I did was ensure that untold legions of children would lead lives of shame, depression, misery and in some cases suicide. Why am I being persecuted?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well if you think about it the Archbishop of Adelaide is the real victim here, furthermore

Hearts and prayers :byodood:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I can't wait for Tony Abbott's impending editorial in the Arse explaining that Actually, Kids Are Inherently Bad and Totally Deserved It

edit: A bad Archbishop is kind of like a bad father,

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
If we’re honest, most of us would accept that a bad archbishop is a little bit like a bad father or a bad husband. Not withstanding all his faults, you find that he tends to do more good than harm. He might be a bad archbishop but at least he’s employing priests who are hopefully not assaulting children, while he is in fact a archbishop.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Weird how the top stories on super Saturday is Malcolm Turnbull is a genius!

Lol ABC

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Joyce’s $150,000 baby payday

The Seven network has won a bidding war for the first TV interview with Barnaby Joyce and partner Vikki Campion.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Joyce’s $150,000 baby payday

The Seven network has won a bidding war for the first TV interview with Barnaby Joyce and partner Vikki Campion.

I wish I was so well known that my fuckups generated big cash pay days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
love when fairfax puts out a multipage puff piece on a violent fundamentalist war criminal

• Locked thread